Many hunters use AR15s...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

Link to list of Youtube AR-15 Hunting Videos

Last edited:
I keep hearing this talking point...AR15s aren't good for hunting. This talking point is patently false. It is advanced by people who know nothing about guns or hunting. AR15s are accurate, in a hunting caliber, easy to work on, and simple to customize. They will eventually supplant the bolt action rifle in the same way the bolt action rifle supplanted the lever action rifle and the lever action rifle supplanted the single shot.

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

And killing wild pigs and jackrabbits in mass is NOT HUNTING.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?

True. Since the 2nd Amendment is not in any way predicated on a weapons ability to take game, it really doesn't matter. Simply calling out another gun-grabber falsehood.

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor self defense. You bringing it up to try and justify war weapons on Main St. is boring and lame.

I suspect that you know the facts of the matter. But you don't like them. Thus, you push ignorance.

No they don't.

That is a lie.

No legitimate skilled hunter uses an AR-15. It would be seen as lame and a waste of ammo. 1 shot, 1 kill. You can't hit a moving target? FO.

Real hunting is mostly dead, as "hunters" today use all types of technology and chemicals to track and fool the animal. It used to require skill and cunning, but today's hunters are frustrated impotent men. Few can even skin or care to eat what they kill. They'd rather pay someone to do the unpleasant part.

And don't get me started with the rich dentists and Don jr. types who pay big bucks to pretend they are Hemingway for a weekend. How pathetic is that?

True. Since the 2nd Amendment is not in any way predicated on a weapons ability to take game, it really doesn't matter. Simply calling out another gun-grabber falsehood.

The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting nor self defense. You bringing it up to try and justify war weapons on Main St. is boring and lame.

I suspect that you know the facts of the matter. But you don't like them. Thus, you push ignorance.

Two bigger liars don't exist.

Yes, and many people used cocaine for tooth aches when it was legal to do that.

...and gave children cough syrup laced with morphine.

It's not illegal to hunt with an AR.

No they don't.

That is a lie.

Not a lie. It is one shot, one kill. AR15s are highly accurate rifles chambered in a hunting caliber. Why would they not be used a huting rifles?

It is technically hunting, but I see your point. Culling may be a more accurate description. But that doesn't mean all hog hunters are culling en mass. We don't have jackrabbits here, so I don't know much about that.

I'm not sure this is true. Many have eschewed home butchering out of respect for their neighbors. Personally, I oppose feeders and hunting over bait, but to each their own.

If you are talking about safari hunts for trophies, those guys are using much bigger rounds than an AR would accommodate, so it doesn't so much apply to this discussion, but, FTR, I don't approve of killing for sport anything the hunter isn't going to consume. If I had a farm, I might be forced to kill coyotes and foxes...but I don't, so I don't.

It's not illegal to hunt with an AR.

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

This is what I mean by people who neither know about guns or hunting.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.

If you are a "hunter" and you have to use an AR-15, you suck at hunting and need to stick to hunting in the butcher's market.

This is what I mean by people who neither know about guns or hunting.

In my state, all non-invasive hunting rifles are limited to 5 rounds while in the field. The AR15 is nothing but a rifle chambered in a varmint caliber round.

Please feel free to continue displaying your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.

You just made an argument against them yourself. Why buy an AR-15 then if you are handicapped while hunting to have to use it in a similar fashion to normal hunting rifle?

I'm sure most gun nuts NEED 30 shots to kill a deer.

And here is another one.

My deer rifle will accept a 30 round magazine, and it is bolt action. Mossberg MVP 308.

My bolt action shotgun takes a detachable magazine as well, up to 10 rounds of 12 gauge. Marlin Model 55.

Look them up

So please, feel free to continue to display your ignorance, but read the rest of the thread while you're here.

Forum List

Back