Manning's a Bronco?...

In an edition of The Sporting News after the season and I am looking for it they wrote an article about how weird it was for Moseley to be named MVP in a 9 game season much less any season.
So later, after this article and I believe after a month later and after the AP awards and when SN normally gave their awards, SN DID name Moseley as MVP and Joe Gibbs as coach of the year alongside another article stating because of the absurdity of those awards they WOULD NOT name an ALL PRO team that year because of that and the strike shortened season. Their own form of parody.

Interesting and I bet if I can not find that article I can find a copy on e-bay and get it.
But it does exist and SN was known be the anti establishment, anti big $$ east coast dominance in media.

This is all very interesting, but again I will remind you.

Nobody named Archie Manning the NFL MVP of any year. That simply did not happen. You are simply incorrect when you continue to say that.

Furthermore, it is very unlikely that anybody but the sports trivia buffs would really know who Archie Manning is/was if he didn't have 2 sons who are successful NFL quarterbacks.

*EVERYBODY* knows the names of the quarterbacks who went to the Superbowl that year. Even my wife knows those names. So any assertion on your part that Archie Manning was somehow THE quarterback of that year only shows that you know fuckall about 1978. Trust me, I was there. It was about Bradshaw/Staubach.

Archie Manning was a very famous QB, even before his kids, but nice try. He played for the Aints. He was a big talent on a team that was destine to stink, they compared him with Maravich of the New Orleans Jazz, two superstars stuck in NO, it was sports purgatory at the time.

Archie Manning was a very famous QB, even before his kids, but nice try. He played for the Aints. He was a big talent on a team that was destine to stink, they compared him with Maravich of the New Orleans Jazz, two superstars stuck in NO, it was sports purgatory at the time.

He played for a few teams..... worse.... record..... ever.

Still, he'd probably do better for the Broncs next year than Peyton will.

So a year later and a Playoff Loss as what Defined the Season for the Broncos after paying $90 Million for Peyton...

Was he worth it?...

Tebow can say something Peyton can't...

He Won a Playoff Game for the Broncos. :thup:

:)

peace...

So a year later and a Playoff Loss as what Defined the Season for the Broncos after paying $90 Million for Peyton...

Was he worth it?...

peace...

Tebow won a playoff game in a round that Peyton didn't have to play because he earned a bye.

Both Denver teams lost in the second round

Was he worth it?...

peace...

Tebow won a playoff game in a round that Peyton didn't have to play because he earned a bye.

:rofl:

Aren't you missing in some Political Thread right now Fauxlbert?...

peace...

Was he worth it?...

peace...

That's actually a very good point.....although saying Tebow won a playoff game and Manning didn't is certainly funnier. :tongue:

Was he worth it?...

peace...

That's actually a very good point.....although saying Tebow won a playoff game and Manning didn't is certainly funnier. :tongue:

It's not a good point... Peyton's Broncos didn't Win a Playoff Game... Tebow's did...

And it cost an extra $90 Million to not Win a Playoff game...

Awesome. :thup:

peace...

It's not a good point... Peyton's Broncos didn't Win a Playoff Game... Tebow's did...

peace...

Tebow's Broncos didn't give up 35 points, either. And Tebow has done what, exactly, since? Or before, for that matter, in the NFL?

I'm not going to defend Manning's playoff performances. He's obviously not been a great playoff performer. That doesn't make Tebow a good NFL quarterback, though. :tongue:

Oh, and while Manning certainly cost a lot more, I wonder how much money he may have brought in from fans?

peace...

Tebows Broncos got humiliated by the Pats in the second round.

Mannings Broncos DEFENSE gave up a 70 yard TD with 30 seconds left

Tebow does not have the skills to play in the NFL as a starter.
Nothing to do with God, Rufus Carter, Abe Jackson or Cabe Miller.
If you can play in the Not For Long League nothing stops you.
If you can't no cry babies.
Credit that kid Tebow as he is no cry baby.

In the league they do not care if you love Jesus, hate Jesus, worship those lucky socks you have not washed in 7 years, wear shoes that saw their better day 6 years ago, wear earings, are tatted up and down the arms and neck, have long hair, wear fake dreadlocks that hang down to your ass, have bones in your nose. IT DOES NOT MATTER.
The ONLY criteria is: CAN YOU PLAY
And Tebow falls short of that SINGLE criteria.
Nothing against the kid as I am a long time Georgia booster and he played for the evil empire in college.
He is a fine young man but that does not make him a starting NFL QB.

peace...

You are making yourself look very foolish here.

Tebow 2011 14 games 12 TD passes 1700 yards
Manning 2012 16 games 37 TD passes 4660 yards

Statistics are AWESOME...

$90 Million spent... Not one Playoff Game Won...

But damn it those Stats @ #2 in the NFL as QB mean everything...

Joe Flacco was #12... :thup:

How did his Season end again?... :dunno:

Oh yeah... And tell me about some of Peyton's other Post Season runs...

Were they Familiar to 2012?...

peace...

Tebow does not have the skills to play in the NFL as a starter.
Nothing to do with God, Rufus Carter, Abe Jackson or Cabe Miller.
If you can play in the Not For Long League nothing stops you.
If you can't no cry babies.
Credit that kid Tebow as he is no cry baby.

Tebow doesn't have the skill to be a QB in the NFL or the mental make up to be a leader in an NFL locker room.

Forum List

Back