Alex Smith visits with Dolphins.

I think the 49ers have the best chance of landing Manning if he wants to win Super Bowls, the other two teams are a few players away, put Manning on a field with the 49er defense, then he has Moss, Manningham and Gore all able to make the big plays, and they become the scariest team in the NFL.

• Banned
Matt Flynn is the hidden prize in this whole thing...

• Banned
I think the 49ers have the best chance of landing Manning if he wants to win Super Bowls, the other two teams are a few players away, put Manning on a field with the 49er defense, then he has Moss, Manningham and Gore all able to make the big plays, and they become the scariest team in the NFL.

Agreed. But if Manning doesn't choose San Fran, SF could be without a QB.

They have been playing without an NFL QB for years.

Alex Smith is replaceable, Peyton Manning is not

• Banned

but they're running out of options if Manning takes his sweet time.

• Banned
Who holds the single-game passing records for touchdowns and yardage in Green Bay Packer history? Hint: it's not Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, or Bart Starr.

but they're running out of options if Manning takes his sweet time.

Smith will wait for the 49ers, that is also his best chance to win. The 49ers can win with a below average QB, they did it last year. Miami wants Flynn, they will work to get him.

Who holds the single-game passing records for touchdowns and yardage in Green Bay Packer history? Hint: it's not Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, or Bart Starr.

Don Majkowski?

It's Flynn, but two starts and he is still an unknown entity, he will not have the line or the receivers that he had at Green Bay, wherever he goes.

It is true that the Niners have been playing without an NFL-caliber starting quarterback for years.... ever since Garcia left. It is not true that they have been performing without one. Most years the Niners have been in the playoff hunt primarily because the NFC West has routinely sucked donkey balls. There have really been no flashes of brilliance. On occasion there was a flash of competency.

Every Thanksgiving for years I have looked at my nfl.com standings and told myself "If only my Niners can win the rest of their games..." and every time they have failed to even come close.

If I were handing out the League MVP award then it would have gone to Peyton Manning last year, primarily based on how his team performed. So I do agree that he's a much better QB than Smith, but I don't see Harbaugh and Manning meshing well at all. I don't see the Niners as being the kind of team that picks up has-beens. They're not the Jets.

The best move for the Niners right now would be to keep Smith and try again next year.

It is true that the Niners have been playing without an NFL-caliber starting quarterback for years.... ever since Garcia left. It is not true that they have been performing without one. Most years the Niners have been in the playoff hunt primarily because the NFC West has routinely sucked donkey balls. There have really been no flashes of brilliance. On occasion there was a flash of competency.

Every Thanksgiving for years I have looked at my nfl.com standings and told myself "If only my Niners can win the rest of their games..." and every time they have failed to even come close.

If I were handing out the League MVP award then it would have gone to Peyton Manning last year, primarily based on how his team performed. So I do agree that he's a much better QB than Smith, but I don't see Harbaugh and Manning meshing well at all. I don't see the Niners as being the kind of team that picks up has-beens. They're not the Jets.

The best move for the Niners right now would be to keep Smith and try again next year.

Niners are guaranteed a spot in the playoffs coming from the NFC West. With their defense they could win it all....even with Alex Smith

But throw Peyton into the mix and it's a case where you are no longer winning in spite of having Alex Smith as your QB. Peyton could make an offense with Crabtree, Davis and Gore click........Smith can't

New Topics

Forum List

Back