Manhattan Muslims Unite

In case you ain't noticed, Kalam, there is no "line". Nobody has to agree with anybody else...and mostly, we don't. But the folks who move here must master the language, get used to western wear, follow the law, etc.

Last edited:
I case you ain't noticed, Kalam, there is no "line". Nobody has to agree with anybody else...and mostly, we don't. But the folks who move here must master the language, get used to western wear, follow the law, etc.

I'm not aware of any politician at the national level who doesn't support Israel. Are you? :eusa_think:

I case you ain't noticed, Kalam, there is no "line". Nobody has to agree with anybody else...and mostly, we don't. But the folks who move here must master the language, get used to western wear, follow the law, etc.

I'm not aware of any politician at the national level who doesn't support Israel. Are you? :eusa_think:

Not off-hand. But if you move here, is it unreasonable to expect that you'll accept/adapt to the very deep love America has for Israel? If as an Arab you feel duty-bound to try and shove Israel into the sea, America might not be the best place to move to, agree?

There are other places to move to, Kalam, and then there's the choice of staying put.

Not off-hand. But if you move here, is it unreasonable to expect that you'll accept/adapt to the very deep love America has for Israel?
...Yeah, I'd say it is.

Some Americas may have a "very deep" love for Israel, but Israel's love for America is only as deep as America's pockets. What's truly deep is the extent to which they exercise influence over US politics. Supporting Israel is not part of being an American.

If as an Arab you feel duty-bound to try and shove Israel into the sea, America might not be the best place to move to, agree?
Not if you're planning on running for political office, no. Otherwise, I fail to see what one political issue has to do with choosing to live in the United States.

Because aiding and abetting America's enemies is illegal here?
Verbally supporting them isn't, and supporting the Palestinian cause in general certainly isn't. On a different note, I wonder why it's considered "free speech" when corporations use money to determine the outcome of elections, but not when someone wants to send money to support a blacklisted cause overseas. Either donations are a protected form of free speech or they aren't. Anyway...

When did Hamas attack the United States? What about Islamic Jihad? I guess Israel is the 51st state after all...

Assuming we're talking about such things as funding, spying, etc.
That wasn't really what I had in mind. But it's important to remember who does spy on the United States.

Jonathan Pollard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ben-ami Kadish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lawrence Franklin espionage scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

etc.

Of course, senior members of Congress and other political heavyweights like Rumsfeld and Cheney have campaigned for Pollard's release. Apparently, espionage ceases to be a crime when it's perpetrated on Israel's behalf...

That depends on circumstance Kalam.

Verbally supporting them isn't, and supporting the Palestinian cause in general certainly isn't. On a different note, I wonder why it's considered "free speech" when corporations use money to determine the outcome of elections, but not when someone wants to send money to support a blacklisted cause overseas. Either donations are a protected form of free speech or they aren't. Anyway...

When did Hamas attack the United States? What about Islamic Jihad? I guess Israel is the 51st state after all...

That wasn't really what I had in mind. But it's important to remember who does spy on the United States.

etc.

Of course, senior members of Congress and other political heavyweights like Rumsfeld and Cheney have campaigned for Pollard's release. Apparently, espionage ceases to be a crime when it's perpetrated on Israel's behalf...

Who are you kidding? Humanitarian Aid V.S. fronts for the proliferation of arms. How does the Red Crescent fare now a days as a humanitarian aid organization?????

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)

etc.

It might be easier to list who is not spying on us. ;)

That depends on circumstance Kalam.

Some change their rhetoric once they're out of office (a la Carter), but no politician has the wherewithal to stand up to Israel without Zionist PAC's ensuring that they aren't reelected. As Jon Stewart said, Israel is "the Möbius strip of issues -- there's only one side!"

http://nigelparry.com/photos/printer_jon-stewart-on-gaza.shtml

I'm not sure what your point is, Kalam. But in any event, if a family in Yemen is throwing darts at a map to see where they'd like to live next and they choose the US, they can reasonably be expected to follow US law -- am I being unreasonable?

Don't approve of US policies? We got your right to free speech, your right to assemble, etc. Burn the flag, knock yourselves out. But it has to be legal. I doubt any nation on Planet Earth allows more means of lawful dissent, or protects unpopular speech more vigourously.

Originally posted by Madeline
Not off-hand. But if you move here, is it unreasonable to expect that you'll accept/adapt to the very deep love America has for Israel? If as an Arab you feel duty-bound to try and shove Israel into the sea, America might not be the best place to move to, agree?

You are a slave, Madeline. Like everyone else in America you were born into bondage. Into a prison created by the media that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

This is your last chance, Madeline. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and continue to believe the virtual world created by the American press in which Israel is portrayed as "a beacon of democracy in the Middle East".

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the racist rabbit-hole of Zionism goes.

:D :D

José;2769827 said:

You are a slave, Madeline. Like everyone else in America you were born into bondage. Into a prison created by the media that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and continue to believe the virtual world created by the American press in which Israel is portrayed as "a beacon of democracy in the Middle East".

You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the racist rabbit-hole of Zionism goes.

LOL! Real original, for someone that spends so much time around goats. My support if Israel is more Scriptural than Political. We are all related when you get down to it Jose. You give the media more credit than they are worth.

José;2769827 said:

Fuck off, Jose'. I love Israel.

Not off-hand. But if you move here, is it unreasonable to expect that you'll accept/adapt to the very deep love America has for Israel?
...Yeah, I'd say it is.

Some Americas may have a "very deep" love for Israel, but Israel's love for America is only as deep as America's pockets. What's truly deep is the extent to which they exercise influence over US politics. Supporting Israel is not part of being an American.

If as an Arab you feel duty-bound to try and shove Israel into the sea, America might not be the best place to move to, agree?
Not if you're planning on running for political office, no. Otherwise, I fail to see what one political issue has to do with choosing to live in the United States.

Gotta love dem "moderate" Muslims. Never ceasing to be bigots when it comes to Jews having a homeland. ;)

...Yeah, I'd say it is.

Gotta love dem "moderate" Muslims. Never ceasing to be bigots when it comes to Jews having a homeland. ;)

Who said I'm a "moderate"? The issue isn't Jews, it's the notion that Jews are a superior race.

Don't worry. Once Israel crumbles and Russia and China are taught not to oppress their Muslim populations, the Arab regimes are next. :)

I don't think anyone is "racially superior" Kalam, but I love Israel.

My condolences. It wasn't too long ago that I didn't have anything against Israel. Then, around the same time that I became more religious, I looked into the history and nature of the conflict. The inescapable conclusion for me was that Israel is brutish and oppressive.

Forum List

Back