Manhattan DA Bragg sues Republican Jim Jordan

Rust_Cohle

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2021
[Redacted]

This guy Bragg thinks he's a little dictator over in NY doesn't he? I can't wait til he's behind bars and fired!

Last edited:

This guy Bragg thinks he's a little dictator down in NY doesn't he? I can't wait til he's behind bars and fired!
Could the D.A get sued by Trump if Trump can prove that similar charges weren't pursued by this D.A against Democrat members?

This guy Bragg thinks he's a little dictator over in NY doesn't he? I can't wait til he's behind bars and fired!

Bragg has just raised the stakes and is holding Jordan responsible for his petty games.

Jordan was repeatedly warned

"Members of Congress are not free to invade New York's sovereign authority for their or Mr. Trump's political aims," Bragg's office wrote in the lawsuit, accusing Jordan of searching for a pretext for "hauling Mr. Pomerantz to Washington for a retaliatory political circus."

"Members of Congress are not free to invade New York's sovereign authority for their or Mr. Trump's political aims," Bragg's office wrote in the lawsuit, accusing Jordan of searching for a pretext for "hauling Mr. Pomerantz to Washington for a retaliatory political circus."

The Manhattan DA's office used some federal funds to investigate Trump. There's your nexus.

Bragg's lawsuit is D.O.A. After all, a Democrat House pursued Trump tax records among other matters and argued in court they had a valid legislative purpose behind their subpoenaing records, etc. Lower courts after hearings upheld the various subpoenas and SCOTUS said fine.

The Manhattan DA's office used some federal funds to investigate Trump. There's your nexus.

Bragg's lawsuit is D.O.A. After all, a Democrat House pursued Trump tax records among other matters and argued in court they had a valid legislative purpose behind their subpoenaing records, etc. Lower courts after hearings upheld the various subpoenas and SCOTUS said fine.

Every DA receives some Federal Tax dollars
Does not give Congress authority to harass local prosecutors

Jordan can explain it to the judge

Wow! Thank you Bragg!

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg on Tuesday sued Republican U.S. Representative Jim Jordan to stop what Bragg called an "unconstitutional attack" on the ongoing criminal prosecution of former President Donald Trump in New York.

Jim Jordan has simply forgotten what his job is in Congress and needs a stern reminder.
Running cover for Donald Trump is nowhere in his constitutional duties.

"If he wishes to argue that his prosecution is 'politically motivated,' he is free to raise that concern to the New York state criminal court," Bragg's office wrote in the lawsuit.

"Chairman Jordan is not, however, free to unconstitutionally deploy Congress's limited subpoena power for raw political retaliation, intimidation, or obstruction."

Bragg has just raised the stakes and is holding Jordan responsible for his petty games.

Jordan was repeatedly warned
Yes. and ["Members of Congress are not free to invade New York's sovereign authority for their or Mr. Trump's political aims," Bragg's office wrote in the lawsuit, accusing Jordan of searching for a pretext for "hauling Mr. Pomerantz to Washington for a retaliatory political circus."]

Jordan and a few other Chairs of ciommittees, believe they can use the US Congress as a defense team for Trump in a criminal proceeding in NYC/NY State.

Jim Jordan has simply forgotten what his job is in Congress and needs a stern reminder.
Running cover for Donald Trump is nowhere in his constitutional duties.

"If he wishes to argue that his prosecution is 'politically motivated,' he is free to raise that concern to the New York state criminal court," Bragg's office wrote in the lawsuit.

"Chairman Jordan is not, however, free to unconstitutionally deploy Congress's limited subpoena power for raw political retaliation, intimidation, or obstruction."
Right!

ty

Bragg threw his career away virtue signaling his hatred. I hope he ends up penniless and disgraced.

So you think it's ok for a DA to go after political opponents?
You do know if a crime is committed in NYC, it is the job of the DA's office to decide whether to prosecute?

If a DA was to be prevented to prosecute a criminal simply because they were political opponents, a great defense would start with a criminal defendant to join the opposing party of the sitting DA.

brilliant

ty

Not true.

Trump is only now being prosecuted, after being investigated and then charged. What any federal funds were actually used for has already been revealed.

The DA's office "informed the congressmen that it used about $5,000 in federal forfeiture money on expenses incurred relating to the investigation of Mr. Trump and the Trump Organization." The Trump organization which was found guilty in a criminal trial.

What Bragg is trying to call 'attempt to intimidate' is conducting legitimate, legal oversight.

Its a tactic, a ploy. Actually the law suit is meant to intimidate Jordan / the committee, delay the subpoenas, and delay having to provide the Oversight Committee the documents.

I won't be surprised when Bragg calls Jordan a 'racist' next.

Forum List

Back