Man shotgun blasts drone spying on his daughters from his back yard. Good for him.

The discharge of a fire arm is the issue.

Destruction of private property? To me no different than pruning the branches of a neighbors tree that grew onto my yard.

We just need a solution to drones that don't require shotgun pellets flying- but yes- I approve of this dad's actions(assuming that firing the shotgun was otherwise safe in the area.)

The shotgun was entirely appropriate.

It was the correct response to the assault on his minor daughters.

Hmmm look- as the father of a teenage daughter myself, I could certainly see being tempted to do the same thing.

But his daughter was not assaulted(the other girl was not his daughter)- otherwise we would have Dad's shooting middle age men on the beach every weekend.
So how is this different from a Peeping Tom. And such an invasion of privacy I would consider assault.

Drones suck. So do security cameras, red light cameras and automatic license plate readers.

trumark-ws-1-original-wrist-rocket-slingshot-3.jpg

Just watched it on the news. A man's two teenage daughters were bikini sun bathing in the privacy of their own home. A camera drone comes down and hovers over the two young girls. They call their father. He sees the drone hovering and goes back inside and gets his shotgun.

BAM!

Drone lands in separate pieces. Four men show up and the guy tells them he will defend his property.
They leave and the police show up and arrest the guy and he is charged with destruction of property and weapons discharge.

First, if it had been a black guy, we know what would have happened. But it wasn't.

So whose side are you on?

Me personally? Four grown men show up after watching my two daughters without consent? Lucky they weren't shot as far as I'm concerned.

What do you think?

The drone cost $1,800.00

Does that matter?
Damn Rdean so now you are morphing into a conservative and growing up before are eyes?

How cute :)

You have a brain after all.

Drones suck. So do security cameras, red light cameras and automatic license plate readers.

my wristrocket is awesome

i shoot 36 caliber lead balls out of mine

it really packs a frikkin wallop

I always used the cheap glass marbles.

i have had a wristrocket since i was a kid

i have shot my share of marbles as well

i have shot about anything i can fit in the pouch

I preferred the Benjamin and Sheridan pellet guns.

Ah, the days of fresh squirrel, wrapped in foil, and thrown in the fireplace while good football aired.

my wristrocket is awesome

i shoot 36 caliber lead balls out of mine

it really packs a frikkin wallop

I always used the cheap glass marbles.

i have had a wristrocket since i was a kid

i have shot my share of marbles as well

i have shot about anything i can fit in the pouch

I preferred the Benjamin and Sheridan pellet guns.

Ah, the days of fresh squirrel, wrapped in foil, and thrown in the fireplace while good football aired.

crossman 177 cal bb/pellet rifle

I bet we're going to see more of this with drones invading private property and privacy fencing won't mean a damn thing :mad:

Using noisy and potentially dangerous firearms is inappropriate. A pellet gun would do it without anyone knowing where it came from. Hide the downed drone, and the owners can go pound the proverbial sand.
"Huh? You lost a drone over my property? Hmm, hard to say what could have happened. You can search if you want, and if you have a warrant."

Anti-drone drones? Cheap little ones that intercept big, expensive ones. Oops, just a collision!

Just watched it on the news. A man's two teenage daughters were bikini sun bathing in the privacy of their own home. A camera drone comes down and hovers over the two young girls. They call their father. He sees the drone hovering and goes back inside and gets his shotgun.

BAM!

Drone lands in separate pieces. Four men show up and the guy tells them he will defend his property.
They leave and the police show up and arrest the guy and he is charged with destruction of property and weapons discharge.

First, if it had been a black guy, we know what would have happened. But it wasn't.

So whose side are you on?

Me personally? Four grown men show up after watching my two daughters without consent? Lucky they weren't shot as far as I'm concerned.

What do you think?

The drone cost $1,800.00

Does that matter?

He should have used a high powered slingshot. That way no gun discharge crime. Other than that, why weren't the drone users arrested for being peeping toms?

Saw some of those used by UAW guys in a strike. The Vance guys made their own and shot out some miner's car windows. Good time by all, I gather.

Forum List

Back