Man of Steel

You want cheese? Check out the Fantastic Four 'movie' from '94 or any of the Captain America movies in the 70s.

thats what happens when you do a comic movie with a 10 million dollar budget......

I think those Cap movies had more like a 10,000 dollar budget! :tongue:

Reb Brown in the first ones may not have been a bad pick.....but when i saw the see through shield......oh geez....in the 1990 movie Matt Salinger was a piss poor pick....and he looked the same way before the procedure as after.....its like geezus....has any of these jerks ever read a Cap comic before?...

You want cheese? Check out the Fantastic Four 'movie' from '94 or any of the Captain America movies in the 70s.

thats what happens when you do a comic movie with a 10 million dollar budget......

I like the one where he had this clear plastic shield on the front of his motorcycle and wore a helmet with wings on it the entire time.

Speaking of stupid Tarzans. Did you like the Ron Ely Doc Savage movie? I remember I liked it but I was around 9 or 10 so maybe I wouldn't like it now. Don't really remember that much about it.

Doc Savage (1975) Trailer.avi - YouTube

I forgot how cheesy that movie is. If you want to watch it it is available online.

Watch Videos Online | Doc Savage The Man of Bronze | Veoh.com

I remember liking this film as a kid but when I just saw the trailer I realized how stupid I was as a kid. I also once planted a popsicle stick so I could grow a popsicle tree. Kind of explains everything.

I remember liking it when it came out myself, but I can't claim I was a dumb kid at the time.

I like the one where he had this clear plastic shield on the front of his motorcycle and wore a helmet with wings on it the entire time.

That was a TV show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tVxYs3vEXE]Reb Brown is.... CAPTAIN AMERICA - YouTube[/ame]

I'm still waiting for Hollywood to do a decent Tarzan movie. This has nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to share.

I don't think they can do a really decent Tarzan movie that's true to the book character. Folks just wouldn't buy it. The real Tarzan spoke French fluently, read and wrote English, eventually learning to speak it and never, ever, ever lost his animal instincts. In one of the books, the bad guy sets Tarzan up with a room full of street punks. The reader begins to interpret that as our poor hero surrounded by a bunch of club-wielding thugs hell-bent on violence. But Edgar Rice Burroughs describes the fight as a room full of defenseless men locked inside a closed room with a vicious, wild ape.

Hollywood ain't ready to bring THAT to the screen yet. I'd love to see it, but Hollywood and the movie-going public are locked into the Johnny Weissmuller version of Tarzan. I thought the Weissmuller movies were great for their time, but it wasn't Tarzan.

QW.....i read a thing were a few people from the Comics got to see an advanced preview....these guys said that Zack Snyder should make every comic book movie from here on out....so we will see....

The clips I have seen make it seem like he is really good in the role.

I think he has a pretty bad track record on comic book movies, actually.

He destroyed Watchmen, and made 300 a 2-hour long gay joke.

I liked "Sin City" alot.

Superman sucks.

It's easy to be brave when nothing except the extremely rare mineral Kryptonite can hurt you.

That's why Batman is braver than Superman.

Superman sucks.

It's easy to be brave when nothing except the extremely rare mineral Kryptonite can hurt you.

Batman's a borderline psycho.

Which makes him infinitely more interesting.

I don't think there's any comparison: they're both so different. However, it would be interesting to see if they do a Justice League movie with Batman and Superman: two completely different personalities on the same team. If they do it right, there should be a lot of tension between them.

Superman sucks.

I don't think there's any comparison: they're both so different. However, it would be interesting to see if they do a Justice League movie with Batman and Superman: two completely different personalities on the same team. If they do it right, there should be a lot of tension between them.

It's funny that from what I've seen in the Animated Batman series..and they did that pretty well.

Superman sucks.

how could they do a JLA movie without those two?....and remember in the comics Batman and Superman were pretty good friends.....Chris Nolan was saying a "Worlds Finest" teamup has been talked about....

I'm still waiting for Hollywood to do a decent Tarzan movie. This has nothing to do with the topic, just wanted to share.

I don't think they can do a really decent Tarzan movie that's true to the book character. Folks just wouldn't buy it. The real Tarzan spoke French fluently, read and wrote English, eventually learning to speak it and never, ever, ever lost his animal instincts. In one of the books, the bad guy sets Tarzan up with a room full of street punks. The reader begins to interpret that as our poor hero surrounded by a bunch of club-wielding thugs hell-bent on violence. But Edgar Rice Burroughs describes the fight as a room full of defenseless men locked inside a closed room with a vicious, wild ape.

Hollywood ain't ready to bring THAT to the screen yet. I'd love to see it, but Hollywood and the movie-going public are locked into the Johnny Weissmuller version of Tarzan. I thought the Weissmuller movies were great for their time, but it wasn't Tarzan.

I think you bring up an interesting point but I'm going to have to disagree with you. If a Tarzan movie were made more closely related to the books then I think Tarzan would be a very modern Hollywood type of character. Not unlike Batman or The Hulk with the whole duality thing going on. Hollywood loves duality driven characters. It was eons ago but I remember reading a Tarzan story where Tarzan was following a bunch of bad guys through the jungle. Ever night one the bad guys would disappear and end up the next day being discovered with their throats ripped out, the bloody mass surrounded by teeth marks.
I think if Tarzan were done correctly, as half man and half animal, sophisticated and instinctively brutal given the situation, it would be a highly successful movie. Sort of like Hannible Lecter with abs.

Last edited:

how could they do a JLA movie without those two?....and remember in the comics Batman and Superman were pretty good friends.....Chris Nolan was saying a "Worlds Finest" teamup has been talked about....

In the comics Superman and Batman are friends....but Batman is the pragmatist to Superman's idealism and is always prepared in case Superman goes 'bad'. Actually, Batman keeps plans in place for all the super heroes he works with just in case.

There have been multiple storylines in which Superman goes bad, often in the authoritarian sense. Batman tends to be the one to stop him, or organize resistance to him. That's actually a bit ironic considering how much of a control freak Batman is. Strangely, Wonder Woman seems to be popular as the one who pushes Superman to do things he wouldn't do on his own.

Even as friends, though, Batman and Superman often have tension just because of their differing methods and ideologies.

I think you bring up an interesting point but I'm going to have to disagree with you. If a Tarzan movie were made more closely related to the books then I think Tarzan would be a very modern Hollywood type of character. Not unlike Batman or The Hulk with the whole duality thing going on. Hollywood loves duality driven characters. It was eons ago but I remember reading a Tarzan story where Tarzan was following a bunch of bad guys through the jungle. Ever night one the bad guys would disappear and end up the next day being discovered with their throats ripped out, the bloody mass surrounded by teeth marks.
I think if Tarzan were done correctly, as half man and half animal, sophisticated and instinctively brutal given the situation, it would be a highly successful movie. Sort of like Hannible Lecter with abs.

You ever see this one?

Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought it was pretty good. Gritty and realistic.

Forum List

Back