Man of Steel

Went skeptical and cautious going into the movie; came out overwhelmed, impressed and sold on Henry Cavill as the new Superman.

They got it right.

Looks like they got it right this time. I like the fact that Superman is good, but still does things that need to be done.

"That's a $12 million surveillance drone."

"Not anymore."

I didn't think Cavill could carry the movie, but he did. And I really liked the fact that Lois wasn't completely incompetent.

Last edited:
Went skeptical and cautious going into the movie; came out overwhelmed, impressed and sold on Henry Cavill as the new Superman.

They got it right.

Looks like they got it right this time. I like the fact that Superman is good, but still does things that need to be done.

"Not anymore."

I didn't think Cavill could carry the movie, but he did. And I really liked the fact that Lois wasn't completely incompetent.

Henry Cavill is turning into a very fine actor. I've been following his work since he played Albert Mondego in The Count of Monte Cristo in 2002. He is rumored to have the role of Napoleon Solo in the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie...

They got it right.

"Not anymore."

so thumbs up QW?.....

They got it right.

"Not anymore."

Henry Cavill is turning into a very fine actor. I've been following his work since he played Albert Mondego in The Count of Monte Cristo in 2002. He is rumored to have the role of Napoleon Solo in the The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie...

and the guy who plays the new Lone Ranger..Armie Hammer.... is slated to be Illya Kuryakin.......

I just can't take any more superheroes. They have been boring me after the first Ironman. Never ever been a Superman fan. I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to swallow all of that.

sounds like you were never into Comics.....not that there is anything wrong with that.....

"Not anymore."

and the guy who plays the new Lone Ranger..Armie Hammer.... is slated to be Illya Kuryakin.......

I like Armie, first noticed him in the TV series Reaper.

Best line ever in an episode of NCIS?

Delivered at the one minute mark:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLq-FEYH7A]NCIS - What did Ducky look like...? - YouTube[/ame]

I like Armie, first noticed him in the TV series Reaper.

Best line ever in an episode of NCIS?

Delivered at the one minute mark:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLq-FEYH7A]NCIS - What did Ducky look like...? - YouTube[/ame]
Reaper was pretty good.....i was pissed when they canceled that one.....

They got it right.

"Not anymore."

so thumbs up QW?.....

Definitely, this is a reboot done right, just like I thought. It could finally move DC from the small screen to the big one if they keep doing movies like this.

"Not anymore."

so thumbs up QW?.....

Definitely, this is a reboot done right, just like I thought. It could finally move DC from the small screen to the big one if they keep doing movies like this.

You don't think Nolan's Batman movies accomplished that?

Or maybe you just mean in the sense of a DC movie universe, like Marvel is doing?

so thumbs up QW?.....

Or maybe you just mean in the sense of a DC movie universe, like Marvel is doing?

You cannot do the DC universe without acknowledging the existence of Superman.

By the way, Wayne Enterprises was in Man of Steel.

Since I have been spending so much time in another thread griping about how he who shall not be named screwed up the reboot of a franchise I thought I would take the time to talk about what looks like it is going to be one of the best reboots ever. They took the most iconic figure in comic books and it looks like the made him real.

Biggest bonus, in my opinion, they got rid of the undies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

The trailers have me very interested. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the character, but hopefully they have done it in a way that gives him depth and real adversity.

Superman has a great origin-story, but he's a really boring superhero.

"Not anymore."

so thumbs up QW?.....

i am waiting for them to do the Flash.....that movie should have already been made.....

so thumbs up QW?.....

all they do is Batman and Superman in DC....Green Lantern to me was ok but it was lacking.....if they do a sequel with Sinestro....they better do it good.....and they need to get a great Flash movie up....Marvel is going to beat DC to the punch with a Super fast being by adding Quicksilver to the next Avengers Movie........Wonder Woman, Jonn Jonzz,Aquaman and the Atom movies would get the Justice League heated up......and thats what the DC Universe needs to Compete.......

Forum List

Back