Man of Steel

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Since I have been spending so much time in another thread griping about how he who shall not be named screwed up the reboot of a franchise I thought I would take the time to talk about what looks like it is going to be one of the best reboots ever. They took the most iconic figure in comic books and it looks like the made him real.

Biggest bonus, in my opinion, they got rid of the undies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I have been spending so much time in another thread griping about how he who shall not be named screwed up the reboot of a franchise I thought I would take the time to talk about what looks like it is going to be one of the best reboots ever. They took the most iconic figure in comic books and it looks like the made him real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

The trailers have me very interested. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the character, but hopefully they have done it in a way that gives him depth and real adversity.

The trailers have me very interested. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the character, but hopefully they have done it in a way that gives him depth and real adversity.

What's not to like about a character that is invulnerable and stronger than anyone else?

I have heard that he is going to get his ass kicked by Faora, I want to see it for that alone.

If they have a Lois Lane in there, I hope it's a good choice. I hated Margot Kidder so only watched the Reeves movies once and even had to struggle to get through it due to her mug.

What's not to like about a character that is invulnerable and stronger than anyone else?

I have heard that he is going to get his ass kicked by Faora, I want to see it for that alone.

It's strange. I can enjoy reading the Hulk occasionally (not too often, but I did like the WWHulk and Planet Hulk stories) and he is sometimes up there at Superman-levels of strength and invulnerability. With Superman, I think it may just be that boyscout persona; I find it unappealing in general, and especially someone with that kind of power.

Then again, I got sucked into Smallville and actually enjoyed the first 2 or 3 seasons. :redface:

I'm hoping Man of Steel has a bit of the Nolan type of grittiness to it.

QW.....i read a thing were a few people from the Comics got to see an advanced preview....these guys said that Zack Snyder should make every comic book movie from here on out....so we will see....

It's strange. I can enjoy reading the Hulk occasionally (not too often, but I did like the WWHulk and Planet Hulk stories) and he is sometimes up there at Superman-levels of strength and invulnerability. With Superman, I think it may just be that boyscout persona; I find it unappealing in general, and especially someone with that kind of power.

Then again, I got sucked into Smallville and actually enjoyed the first 2 or 3 seasons. :redface:

I'm hoping Man of Steel has a bit of the Nolan type of grittiness to it.

The difference with the Hulk is his power comes from anger. That gives him an edge the Superman doesn't have. I really don't like either of them but Hulk is easier to relate to.

If they have a Lois Lane in there, I hope it's a good choice. I hated Margot Kidder so only watched the Reeves movies once and even had to struggle to get through it due to her mug.

It's Amy Adams.

amyadams300.jpg

QW.....i read a thing were a few people from the Comics got to see an advanced preview....these guys said that Zack Snyder should make every comic book movie from here on out....so we will see....

The clips I have seen make it seem like he is really good in the role.

I think he has a pretty bad track record on comic book movies, actually.

He destroyed Watchmen, and made 300 a 2-hour long gay joke.

The he's invulnerable and stronger than anyone else, and historically he's been portrayed as not ONLY invulnerable and stronger than anyone else, but also infallible in his character.....Superman was great when you're 8-10 years old...but as you mature and realize that life isn't black and white and that we all have faults and weaknesses in our character....Superman gets boring.

That being said, I will still watch it when it comes out on Blu-ray....simply because I'm a superhero movie sucker.

12:01 am tickets purchased.
I'm not hard core fan of superheros but the rest of the bunch is.
And it's a personal treat day :)

I forgot to mention, I am hoping this movie is good and does well in hopes it leads to a Justice League movie.

I'm not actually a fan of the Justice League, but after Avengers, I'd like to see DC make a good ensemble superhero movie as well. :)

I know I want a space alien who shoots lasers out of his eyes and flies to seem more real.

I know I want a space alien who shoots lasers out of his eyes and flies to seem more real.

Good point....he's impervious to everything but kryptonite... so it's really difficult to make him flawed in a physical sense....without saying "where in the fuck do they keep finding all this kryptonite?"

So if you're going to try to make more "real", it has to be from within(personality/character).

But yeah....kind of a moot point when you view it from a reality standpoint.

I think he has a pretty bad track record on comic book movies, actually.

He destroyed Watchmen, and made 300 a 2-hour long gay joke.

you are the first person i have heard say that.....i only went and saw 300 because of how good the guy on the street said it was...

The he's invulnerable and stronger than anyone else, and historically he's been portrayed as not ONLY invulnerable and stronger than anyone else, but also infallible in his character.....Superman was great when you're 8-10 years old...but as you mature and realize that life isn't black and white and that we all have faults and weaknesses in our character....Superman gets boring.

That being said, I will still watch it when it comes out on Blu-ray....simply because I'm a superhero movie sucker.

thats the way i am.....even if they were flops at the box office i have to check it out....

Good point....he's impervious to everything but kryptonite... so it's really difficult to make him flawed in a physical sense....without saying "where in the fuck do they keep finding all this kryptonite?"

So if you're going to try to make more "real", it has to be from within(personality/character).

But yeah....kind of a moot point when you view it from a reality standpoint.

that's why you have to look at it as a....COMIC BOOK....not like the guy is real.....

Went skeptical and cautious going into the movie; came out overwhelmed, impressed and sold on Henry Cavill as the new Superman.

They got it right.

I just can't take any more superheroes. They have been boring me after the first Ironman. Never ever been a Superman fan. I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to swallow all of that.

Forum List

Back