Man dies after shooting off firework from top of his head, police say

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Man dies after shooting off firework from top of his head police say Fox News

CALAIS, Maine – A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

The firework exploded, killing Staples instantly, McCausland said.

I'd just like to congratulate Maine on one more free parking space. :eusa_clap:

CALAIS, Maine – A young man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, fatally injuring himself, authorities said Sunday.

Devon Staples and his friends had been drinking and setting off fireworks Saturday night in the backyard of a friend's home in the small eastern Maine city of Calais, said Stephen McCausland, a spokesman for the state Department of Public Safety. Staples, 22, of Calais, placed a fireworks mortar tube on his head and set it off, he said.

As I said in the 'does the 4th mean anything' thread, "drink beer and act stupid."

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My friend lit a firework from the top of his head!"

"Is it urgent?"

"Wha? Ya it's urgent, I think he's gonna die!"

"Well, since this is the stupid sorta thing that happens every 4th of July, is it actually urgent that we divert resources to come help your idiot friend? Shouldn't we just let him die and save some little kid instead or somoene more deserving?"

:)

"911 what's your emergency?"

"My friend lit a firework from the top of his head!"

"Is it urgent?"

"Wha? Ya it's urgent, I think he's gonna die!"

"Well, since this is the stupid sorta thing that happens every 4th of July, is it actually urgent that we divert resources to come help your idiot friend? Shouldn't we just let him die and save some little kid instead or somoene more deserving?"

:)

He's actually still laying on the lawn where he fell. :lol:

Quick story: My neighbors across the alley are the worst. Trashy and loud as fuck. She is pretty much a brood sow at this point, popping out child after child after child. They have six and she is preggers again. He is one of those hard ass types that loves the sound of his own voice. He's a tool. So last night the dip shit bought some fireworks and started setting them off in the alley. No big deal, I love fireworks. He stops half through his show to scream at one his kids but didn't notice his cache of fireworks had caught on fire. Every single one of his fireworks exploded at the same time showering the alley in every color imaginable. I spent that next half an hour laughing my ass off. My favorite 4th memory.

Celebrating the deaths of Americans — such class.

Isn't that what the holiday's doing? Wouldn't be one without dead Americans to make holidays about. Why no holidays for the guy who being a pacifist suggested "hey let's not have this fight and go see a movie instead." :)

I never said I had class. I'm a fucking terrible person for laughing at this story.

Now do us all a favor. Get drunk and go play with some fireworks

If you live in Maine, you're like, 16 percent Canadian.

I never said I had class. I'm a fucking terrible person for laughing at this story.

Now do us all a favor. Get drunk and go play with some fireworks

Sure.

Right after I watch you get slowly dunked into a pool of piranha.

Deal?

Isn't that what the holiday's doing? Wouldn't be one without dead Americans to make holidays about. Why no holidays for the guy who being a pacifist suggested "hey let's not have this fight and go see a movie instead." :)
Amen to this. People had to die in order for us to have the freedoms that we have...even the freedom to get drunk and shoot fireworks from right off of our heads if we choose. Would I do such a thing? No. Why not? Just because we have the freedom to do certain things doesn't mean that we should.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back