MALWARE warning.

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Attention: I just got this warning when I clicked on a members posting to rep her for the content and suddenly, this came up:

$Malware warning.png

Translation (it is in German):

Google Chrome blocked your access to this page at (USMB).

Content was included on this page from (name listed in the graphic), a site known for spreading Malware. If you visit this page, danger exists of infecting your computer.

Malware is "Damage"-software that can lead to identity-theft, financial losses or the permanent deletion of data.

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=23905]Trajan[/MENTION]

At the top of the screenshot you can see the posting number in the Fractals thread.

Sometimes Google screws up and sends a message like this, but it did it 3 times in a row. I don't know if it is possible to include malware code in a .jpg or .png file, but to be safe, could you check it out, please?

I put this in the fractals thread because on page 7 it shows up every time.

Please do not post anything from: showziji.com. I can't access the last page of this thread because I get a malware warning from Google Chrome blocking access to anything posted from showziji.com.

So don't do that please!!

• Banned
I put this in the fractals thread because on page 7 it shows up every time.

Please do not post anything from: showziji.com. I can't access the last page of this thread because I get a malware warning from Google Chrome blocking access to anything posted from showziji.com.

So don't do that please!!

I bet there is one graphic there on page 7 that is somehow linked to this jizi thing and if the mods can find it and delete the one graphic, maybe it will be ok.

Imo, better to be safe than sorry.

I agree and hopefully they take it off and no one else puts one up from that site. You can hit advanced and hit proceed at your own risk but not too many will do that. And yes, it is on page 7-it's the only time I've seen it.

• Banned
Ok I deleted an image in there. I'm not getting the warning anymore. Let me know if it's clear on your end @Statistikhengst >>>>>>> http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-lounge/348750-fractals-7.html

No. The problem is still there, on my page four (I have USMB set up to show 30 posts per page), so it must be a posting after 90, probably a posting from the same poster, who, like me, probably contributed a number of pics from one site.

Hey, I still get it on page 7-I'm using the forum default for number of posts per page. The other pages-there are 8 that I can see are fine.

Thanks

Yes, one can get a virus etc from a pic. Which is why I pin from Pinterest cuz if any have malware, Pinterest catches it. Sometimes they don't, so my Chrome warns me but it is rare if I get stuff from there.
The majority of pics in Eye Candy is straight from Pinterest. Just a heads up.

Attention: I just got this warning when I clicked on a members posting to rep her for the content and suddenly, this came up:

View attachment 29865

Translation (it is in German):

Google Chrome blocked your access to this page at (USMB).

Content was included on this page from (name listed in the graphic), a site known for spreading Malware. If you visit this page, danger exists of infecting your computer.

Malware is "Damage"-software that can lead to identity-theft, financial losses or the permanent deletion of data.

[MENTION=23905]Trajan[/MENTION]

At the top of the screenshot you can see the posting number in the Fractals thread.

Sometimes Google screws up and sends a message like this, but it did it 3 times in a row. I don't know if it is possible to include malware code in a .jpg or .png file, but to be safe, could you check it out, please?

So that is why my checks keep bouncing :D

Update: no more Malware problems have surfaced.

I wanted to add that I have upgraded my !Avast software on my computers and it also recognized the same Malware.

Just read some articles in German that the use of links to Malware via graphics is on the rise.

Hmmmmm, but I don't want to give up on those cool Fractals...

Update: no more Malware problems have surfaced.

I wanted to add that I have upgraded my !Avast software on my computers and it also recognized the same Malware.

Just read some articles in German that the use of links to Malware via graphics is on the rise.

Hmmmmm, but I don't want to give up on those cool Fractals...

Thank you for this informative post.

Forum List

Back