socks?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
when a poster accuses a new poster of being a sock...arent they simply saying that the admins and mods of this board are failing in their jobs?

so which is it....is this board ran over with socks.....or are the admins/mods doing their job and cleaning out the sock drawer?

night....so if posters believe that admins/mods are not doing their job....is that a bad thing? do you think the admins/mods are allowing socks for certain posters or what....lets just put this out in the open

I don't know the process the admin and mods go through for finding socks and I'm sure they do a good job but I think despite all their efforts, some get through. Most likely, they'll get caught eventually and the process is to report one if you seriously suspect it.

And also, in the FZ for example, it is common flaming to call someone a sock. Whether they are or not and allowed down there from what I understand but not elsewhere on the board I think?

There may be more, but this is how I see it.

when a poster accuses a new poster of being a sock...arent they simply saying that the admins and mods of this board are failing in their jobs?

so which is it....is this board ran over with socks.....or are the admins/mods doing their job and cleaning out the sock drawer?

The only socks I want to hear from:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0gJZMx79pA[/ame]

I have an IP Address on the T1 line I'm posting from right now. I can log off and go wireless from the same physical location and log on as my Rdean sock account and the Mods have no way of know we're the same person because it's 2 different IP Addresses. (Yes, the Koch Brother pay me to be a total fucking Liberal retard -- there I admitted it)

There are posters here who have many sock accounts and I can't imagine them taking the time and effort to do this unless someone is paying them or they are posting from Jake Starkey's OFA Information and Truth Dissemination Center

The Plywood must get Thru!

most socks here are ODS sufferers and can't hold their own w/ their primary accts. Thus, they try to score cheap political points by other means.

No.

The only definitive identifier the admins have to weed out sock accounts is IP addresses.

IP addresses can be spoofed easily if you're willing to fork out $19.95/mo for the service.

don't socks usually slip-up anyway and get outed either by themselves or someone else. Like being here 2 months and knowing stuff that happened 2 years ago?

No.

The only definitive identifier the admins have to weed out sock accounts is IP addresses.

IP addresses can be spoofed easily if you're willing to fork out $19.95/mo for the service.

so basically you just need to have two accounts or ip servers?

In some cases admins approve sock accounts.

In other cases people might use their work account to sock.

If I had been banned before my recent internet provider switch, I could come back now and they wouldn't know me. I would have a hard time hiding my style but they wouldn't have IP proof it was me.

In short if it's a legit account or deemed inconclusive we don't ban the account. We also don't ban on suspicion--and yes, we do suspect at times.

By the time the accusations begin to fly on the boards the account has already been vetted and we've moved on. Sometimes hours ago, days ago, weeks ago or months ago.

In closing, if an account is still open that means it was deemed a legit account and/or inconclusive

Forum List

Back