Making Science Great Again. Congress Slashes NASA's Global Warming Research Budget

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Watched Alan Shepard to the last space shuttle flight. Now America can no longer get people into space.

The U.S. Senate passed legislation recently cutting funding for NASA’s global warming research.

The House is expected to pass the bill, and President Trump will likely sign it. Supporters say it “re-balances” NASA’s budget back toward space exploration and away from global warming and earth science research. Republicans plan to end the more than $2 billion NASA spends on its Earth Science Mission Directorate.

“By rebalancing, I’d like for more funds to go into space exploration; we’re not going to zero out earth sciences,” Texas Republican, Rep. Lamar Smith, who chairs the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, told E&E News. “I’d like for us to remember what our priorities are, and there are another dozen agencies that study earth science and climate change, and they can continue to do that.”

NASA’s spending on earth and global warming science increased by 63 percent over the last eight years, making it the largest and fastest growing budget of any NASA science program. The agency now spends more on environmental research than many of its other science functions, including astrophysics and space technology. Those programs only get $781.5 million and $826.7 million, respectively.

“We only have one agency that engages in space exploration, and they need every dollar they can muster for space exploration,” Smith continued.

Trump tapped former Republican Pennsylvania Rep. Bob Walker as a senior adviser to his NASA transition team — a man who thinks NASA should do less “politically correct environmental monitoring” and more space exploration.

“NASA should be focused primarily on deep-space activities rather than Earth-centric work that is better handled by other agencies,” Walker and Peter Navarro, another senior adviser to the Trump campaign, wrote in an October opinion piece. “Human exploration of our entire solar system by the end of this century should be NASA’s focus and goal.”
Keep reading…

I'm sure Hollywood, Kerry, Soros, Gore, Obama, Clintons etc can fund some global warming research. Especially with it being so critical to the future of mankind and all.

Lysenkoism at it's best. You flat earthers are getting your way, temporarily, here. But China, Russia, Japan, and the EU will continue their research programs, and we will be left to catch up after 2020. This, and every other nation will be impacted as the climate changes ramps up in response to a warming climate. But their early warning systems will be intact, where we will have a four year gap in our research.

Lysenkoism at it's best. You flat earthers are getting your way, temporarily, here. But China, Russia, Japan, and the EU will continue their research programs, and we will be left to catch up after 2020. This, and every other nation will be impacted as the climate changes ramps up in response to a warming climate. But their early warning systems will be intact, where we will have a four year gap in our research.
AGW aint climate change, homie. The retarded sheep raped ANOTHER term to try to give themselves legitimacy.

Watched Alan Shepard to the last space shuttle flight. Now America can no longer get people into space.

The U.S. Senate passed legislation recently cutting funding for NASA’s global warming research.

The House is expected to pass the bill, and President Trump will likely sign it. Supporters say it “re-balances” NASA’s budget back toward space exploration and away from global warming and earth science research. Republicans plan to end the more than $2 billion NASA spends on its Earth Science Mission Directorate.

“By rebalancing, I’d like for more funds to go into space exploration; we’re not going to zero out earth sciences,” Texas Republican, Rep. Lamar Smith, who chairs the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, told E&E News. “I’d like for us to remember what our priorities are, and there are another dozen agencies that study earth science and climate change, and they can continue to do that.”

NASA’s spending on earth and global warming science increased by 63 percent over the last eight years, making it the largest and fastest growing budget of any NASA science program. The agency now spends more on environmental research than many of its other science functions, including astrophysics and space technology. Those programs only get $781.5 million and $826.7 million, respectively.

“We only have one agency that engages in space exploration, and they need every dollar they can muster for space exploration,” Smith continued.

Trump tapped former Republican Pennsylvania Rep. Bob Walker as a senior adviser to his NASA transition team — a man who thinks NASA should do less “politically correct environmental monitoring” and more space exploration.

“NASA should be focused primarily on deep-space activities rather than Earth-centric work that is better handled by other agencies,” Walker and Peter Navarro, another senior adviser to the Trump campaign, wrote in an October opinion piece. “Human exploration of our entire solar system by the end of this century should be NASA’s focus and goal.”
Keep reading…
I thought the science was settled as far as global warming was concerned so why does NASA need money for global warming research?

Keep reading…
I thought the science was settled as far as global warming was concerned so why does NASA need money for global warming research?
Silly ass. We know that the burning of fossil fuels increases the GHGs in the atmosphere, and that warms the atmosphere and ocean. Now, what are the effects of that warming going to be. That is what needs researched. What you flat earthers are suggesting that is that we don't need to watch the weather. I mean, when has the weather ever caught us be surprise and cost us in lives and property?

1900 Galveston hurricane - Wikipedia

The Great Galveston Hurricane
was a Category 4 storm, with winds of up to 145 mph (233 km/h), which made landfall on September 8, 1900, in Galveston, Texas, in the United States, leaving about 6,000 to 12,000 dead. It remains to the present day the deadliest single day event in US history.

The hurricane appears to have started as an atmospheric trough from West Africa, causing unsettled weather in the Caribbean, and emerging into the Florida Straits as a tropical storm on September 5. Owing to contradictory forecasts, the people of Galveston felt no alarm until the official hurricane warning of September 7. Next morning a storm surge of 15 ft (4.6 m) washed over the long, flat island-city which was only 8 ft (2.4 m) above sea level, knocking buildings off their foundations and destroying over 3,600 homes.

The disaster ended the Golden Era of Galveston, as the hurricane alarmed potential investors, who turned to Houston instead. The whole island of Galveston was presently[clarification needed] raised by 17 ft (5.2 m) and a 10 sq mi (26 km2) seawall erected.

Keep reading…
Silly ass. We know that the burning of fossil fuels increases the GHGs in the atmosphere, and that warms the atmosphere and ocean. Now, what are the effects of that warming going to be. That is what needs researched. What you flat earthers are suggesting that is that we don't need to watch the weather. I mean, when has the weather ever caught us be surprise and cost us in lives and property?

was a Category 4 storm, with winds of up to 145 mph (233 km/h), which made landfall on September 8, 1900, in Galveston, Texas, in the United States, leaving about 6,000 to 12,000 dead. It remains to the present day the deadliest single day event in US history.

The hurricane appears to have started as an atmospheric trough from West Africa, causing unsettled weather in the Caribbean, and emerging into the Florida Straits as a tropical storm on September 5. Owing to contradictory forecasts, the people of Galveston felt no alarm until the official hurricane warning of September 7. Next morning a storm surge of 15 ft (4.6 m) washed over the long, flat island-city which was only 8 ft (2.4 m) above sea level, knocking buildings off their foundations and destroying over 3,600 homes.

The disaster ended the Golden Era of Galveston, as the hurricane alarmed potential investors, who turned to Houston instead. The whole island of Galveston was presently[clarification needed] raised by 17 ft (5.2 m) and a 10 sq mi (26 km2) seawall erected.

In case you forgot I have never denied that the earth is warming slightly or that people and pollution have an effect on the climate and environment

If you can find a quote where I denied either of those things I'll donate 1000 dollar to the Sierra Club in your name

I just don't happen to think as you do that it's going to be some apocalypse of biblical proportions if the planet is a few degrees warmer

Keep reading…

How did the satellites miss the hurricane in 1900 Galveston?

Bullshit. The result of AGW is climate change. As we can clearly see from the results of the melting of the Arctic Ice.

That's funny. Who caused the climate change to turn one of the largest lakes in the west into the hottest, driest place on earth? Who melted the glacier that carved Yosemite valley? Who melted the ice that created the Great Lakes?

I've been to China and seen how concerned they are with your manmade global warming myth.
upload_2017-2-21_12-49-36.png

Forum List

Back