Making flan today

I can't make paella for shit!! There, I've admitted it.

Lemme know when the Paella is ready, until then, Flan can suck my balls.
How many girlz have actually sucked your balls Marion Morrison and do you really think koshergrl would.

She is more into making whisky cough syrup and home made Spanish custard cups.

:D

3-4, and what does that have to do with her? I would hope I didn't insult her like that.
Then why even bring it up ??

Because I like Paella. :p

So cook one cup of sugar over medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy and amber, then turn heat down and continue until it's all melted.

Pour into large pie plate, tip to coat. It hardens quickly, if you can get it up on the sides it's better but mine went solid right away, I was lucky to cover the bottom.

Turn oven to 350, put in pan large enough to contain water bath and pie plate.

beat four eggs until completely mixed and smooth. Pour 2 cans evaporated milk and two cans condensed sweetened milk into large bowl, add a Ts vanilla and pour in the eggs and stir together thoroughly. Pour into pie plate on top of caramel. Put in oven in water bath for an you or so.
I'll bet if you soaked the pie plate in hot water or set it on the wood stove for a few minutes before adding the carmel, it would stay liquid long enough to coat the bottom and sides. No worries, though, it will drip down the sides when you take it out of the pan, anyway.
There is something that happens in the process of cooking, then cooling, with the custard that liquefies it so it runs down the sides when its inverted. But good flan makers get the sides coated before the custard is added. That's ok I'll get it next time
I've never made it in one pan; I've always used custard cups. One pan sounds like a mighty fine idea. A lot less fiddling around.
Sounds like you have a lot of people coming to your house for supper!

WP_20170408_021.jpg
WP_20170408_022.jpg

it is delicious, looks coarse there but that is the worst spot. I will watch the temp more carefully next time.

So cook one cup of sugar over medium heat until it starts to turn syrupy and amber, then turn heat down and continue until it's all melted.

Pour into large pie plate, tip to coat. It hardens quickly, if you can get it up on the sides it's better but mine went solid right away, I was lucky to cover the bottom.

Turn oven to 350, put in pan large enough to contain water bath and pie plate.

beat four eggs until completely mixed and smooth. Pour 2 cans evaporated milk and two cans condensed sweetened milk into large bowl, add a Ts vanilla and pour in the eggs and stir together thoroughly. Pour into pie plate on top of caramel. Put in oven in water bath for an you or so.
I'll bet if you soaked the pie plate in hot water or set it on the wood stove for a few minutes before adding the carmel, it would stay liquid long enough to coat the bottom and sides. No worries, though, it will drip down the sides when you take it out of the pan, anyway.
There is something that happens in the process of cooking, then cooling, with the custard that liquefies it so it runs down the sides when its inverted. But good flan makers get the sides coated before the custard is added. That's ok I'll get it next time
I've never made it in one pan; I've always used custard cups. One pan sounds like a mighty fine idea. A lot less fiddling around.
Sounds like you have a lot of people coming to your house for supper!
Custard cups are better.

I make it in custard cups.

It is egg custard.

That's what custard cups are for.

:D

Forum List

Back