"Make America Great Again"...what do you think it means?

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
Why does that notion suck again?
Which time was better than we are today?
/——/ For starters: Reagan’s recovery on the other hand averaged a 7.9% annual GDP growth rate for his first 7 years in office. During Reagan's eight year presidency. Until Obozo, folks knew what bathroom to use and wouldn’t get fired for not knowing what pronoun to use when addressing gender confused.
Reagan did not face nearly as bad a recession as the Great Obama
Not true. The people paid directly through the Federal Reserve high prime rates. The bill from the 1960's came due. And we were just tinkering with printing fiat currency out of the wazoo. Which was enabled by the final link of gold tied to our currency being cut in 1971. Everybody could see graphs for their advantage. But look up graphs of the amount of currency being printed since then. Our foundation is gone.
Reagan led us into a path of long term debt in return for short term prosperity
/——/ Short term?? It was unparalleled growth and prosperity lasting all the way through Clintons term

/——/ For starters: Reagan’s recovery on the other hand averaged a 7.9% annual GDP growth rate for his first 7 years in office. During Reagan's eight year presidency. Until Obozo, folks knew what bathroom to use and wouldn’t get fired for not knowing what pronoun to use when addressing gender confused.
Not true. The people paid directly through the Federal Reserve high prime rates. The bill from the 1960's came due. And we were just tinkering with printing fiat currency out of the wazoo. Which was enabled by the final link of gold tied to our currency being cut in 1971. Everybody could see graphs for their advantage. But look up graphs of the amount of currency being printed since then. Our foundation is gone.
/——/ Short term?? It was unparalleled growth and prosperity lasting all the way through Clintons term
I enjoyed the Clinton years.

/——/ Clinton enjoyed the interns.

/——/ Clinton enjoyed the interns.
many of them as reported by his security.

I've noticed Liberals can become quite offended by the phrase and I can't for the life of me figure out why such a thing could be considered offensive to a real American.
The meaning and implication to me is clear....there were times when this country was better than it is today...let's work toward becoming the type of citizens we were during those times.
"Again". Implies America is not great, and that is where the bullshit lies.

What time period are we talking about when America was great?

/——/ Well it was great when men and women knew which bathroom to use.

It was a house of cards built on debt

Well, I suppose I’ll be the one to force you Lefties to piss yourselves....if I could go back and live in any era I’d definitely want to live in the 1950’s...YEP, the slave era, I’m sure I would have owned me a Kunta Kinte or two.
You piss yet?

Hold on a minute...you think America was great under the black dude?
$20t in debt, homeless populations exploding, neglected infrastructure, neglected military, insurance mandates, citizenship being handed out to illegal aliens....you serious?

Make it look like the 1950's again when black and brown people knew their place.

It was a house of cards built on debt
/----/ democRATs lined up to vote for the budgets.

Let%27s_Make_America_Great_Again_button.jpeg

It means Reagan, being an experienced actor/politician, knew some meaningless slogans attract the brain dead like flies to poop. Clearly Trump aspired to attract the same base. Hell, it drew practically the entire GOP and at least half the Dems. Use divide & conquer to screw all minority members and unions, empower the billionaires, create endless wars, wreck the Earth for short term profits, rinse and repeat...

I think this slogan, borrowed from Reagan is one of the most wonderful ideas put on the political table in the past 50 years. America's been through good and bad times through all that, and it's still a place people are clawing and digging to get into as we speak.
USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

I've asked this question and what I got in response to the "when" part of AGAIN...

Was before the Black Guy was President

One Trumper even said he thought America was great during Jim Crow or before 1860

I think this slogan, borrowed from Reagan is one of the most wonderful ideas put on the political table in the past 50 years. America's been through good and bad times through all that, and it's still a place people are clawing and digging to get into as we speak.
Groundhogs and dogs are most suggested by "clawing and digging" along with small mammals, rodents, or vermin more generally. Never "people". Except you maybe.

I've asked this question and what I got in response to the "when" part of AGAIN...

Was before the Black Guy was President

One Trumper even said he thought America was great during Jim Crow or before 1860
Exactly

MAGA is just a trigger to remind the base that they had to endure a black man as president

Groundhogs and dogs are most suggested by "clawing and digging" along with small mammals, rodents, or vermin more generally. Never "people". Except you maybe.
That probably sounded better in Russian when you thought of it

Forum List

Back