Majority of Republicans think ACORN stole presidential election

ACORN didn't steal anything...they were too busy setting up business plans for pimps and hoes.

No...this election wasn't stolen. It was just the first time that our ever growing population of ethnically diverse citizens were motivated, by bribe or otherwise, to vote. Once...twice...sometimes more. It was worth every pack of smokes...autographed by Obama of course...or every free lunch...or cruise they were offered.

I went on a cruise in November of last year...right after the election. And on that cruise was a very large, very loud and very jubilant group of Obama supporters...and they were all wearing Obama t-shirts with his face on the front and the words "PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA" and on the back were these words "YES WE DID!"

As my wife and I boarded the ship, three women behind us were talking about how happy they were to be taking this trip. They too had on their Obama t-shirts. Just to get them talking, I said how exciting it was to see Obama win the election. They were obviously glad to hear that I thought so. I asked them if they were all in the same group or if they had just come from the same gift shop and happened to buy the same gift as every other person wearing this shirt. They laughed and told me that they were part of a group from LA that had been awarded this cruise for their work with the campaign. There were several groups from all over the south boarding this ship. I asked what they did to win the award and they told us all about the many ways they were able to get people to register and vote for Obama and that because they had brought so many to the polls, they were winners from their area with over 3000 voters registered and voted. There were about 10 from this one group. Then as we talked I found out that there were over 20 groups represented on this cruise. They didn't know the number from all the groups, but they did know that one group had over 35 people in it. Then the bombshell dropped. I asked them how they got involved with such a cool program and they all three said it...

ACORN!

Is it illegal...who knows. But it is an interesting connection...don't you think?

Have they ever proven any voter fraud from the 2008 election?

Republicans are delusional. They didn't fuck up....someone stole the last two elections from them

Its awfully suspicious when an organization like ACORN has been indicted for voter fraud in many states.

Have they ever proven any voter fraud from the 2008 election?

Republicans are delusional. They didn't fuck up....someone stole the last two elections from them

Its awfully suspicious when an organization like ACORN has been indicted for voter fraud in many states.

But again, it was about voter registration, which they reported themselves as they were legally obligated to do. No voter fraud has ever been established. IOW, there's no proof that Mickey Mouse ever actually cast a vote.

If anyone honestly believes that ACORN managed to gin up 9.5 million votes nationwide...well...:cuckoo:

No...this election wasn't stolen. It was just the first time that our ever growing population of ethnically diverse citizens were motivated, by bribe or otherwise, to vote. Once...twice...sometimes more. It was worth every pack of smokes...autographed by Obama of course...or every free lunch...or cruise they were offered.

Ah, it's the fault of stupid, unwashed urban poor people...

Sounds a lot like Al Gore claiming that Bush stole the election in 2000

That's a hell of a lot more plausible than this story.

yeah because after all, Bush's brother happened to be the governor of florida.

I didn't say I believe it. I'm just saying it's more plausible that this story.

The quick summary of my perspective of Florida 2000:
1. Bush received a majority of the votes cast.
2. The Court's decision in Bush v Gore represents the absolute worst form of political activism, effectively rewriting the law to create a favored outcome for a specific candidate, but then saying that the special rules are a one-time deal and no one should think they'll get the same treatment in the future.
3. Gore would have received the majority of the votes cast if not for the use of techniques like caging.

That's a hell of a lot more plausible than this story.

2. The Court's decision in Bush v Gore represents the absolute worst form of political activism, effectively rewriting the law to create a favored outcome for a specific candidate, but then saying that the special rules are a one-time deal and no one should think they'll get the same treatment in the future.
3. Gore would have received the majority of the votes cast if not for the use of techniques like caging.
Gore lost all credibility when he wanted only the counties recounted that he thought he should have won. and how many dirty tricks did Gore's team play?

Gore lost all credibility when he wanted only the counties recounted that he thought he should have won. and how many dirty tricks did Gore's team play?

Gore's team didn't play any dirty tricks. And selective recounts are allowed under Florida law.

Gore's team didn't play any dirty tricks. And selective recounts are allowed under Florida law.

There are dirty tricks played in every election. Even by that guy on the 50 cent piece. A full recount was done afterwords and Bush still won.

There are dirty tricks played in every election. Even by that guy on the 50 cent piece. A full recount was done afterwords and Bush still won.

Which is why I said Bush received a majority of the votes cast. That doesn't change the fact that the Supreme Court's decision was a miscarriage of justice.

Which is why I said Bush received a majority of the votes cast. That doesn't change the fact that the Supreme Court's decision was a miscarriage of justice.

what should have been done? keep recounting, maybe getting a different result every time?

what should have been done? keep recounting, maybe getting a different result every time?

The recount should have been completed. The Court's reasoning for saying the recount was unconstitutional was utter bullshit designed to give aid to a favored candidate.

Poll: Majority of Republicans Believe ACORN Stole the Presidential Election

Katie Connolly

As his hopes of winning the congressional election in New York's 23rd district fade, conservative candidate Doug Hoffman is clearly getting desperate. Today he's blaming his loss on "ACORN, the unions, and the Democratic party" who he alleges, without a shred of evidence, tampered with votes to rig the election against him. Never mind that ACORN told David Weigel that they didn't have volunteers in the area, or that it largely operates in poor urban communities, which NY-23 is not. For conservatives, ACORN is shorthand for the evils of the left.

On the heels of that news, Public Policy Polling released this shocking nugget on its blog: "a 52% majority of GOP voters nationally think that ACORN stole the Presidential election for Barack Obama last year, with only 27% granting that he won it legitimately." Say what? More than half of Republican respondents believe the president was elected fraudulently! That's a stunningly high number. It's disturbing, not only as a demonstrable lack of faith in America's democracy but as an expression of wanton ignorance. Worse, it illustrates the effectiveness of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, et al., alongside a well-funded "Stop ACORN" campaign, in creating an atmosphere where unquestioned lies become received wisdom.

Barack Obama won the election by an easy margin. In the end, it wasn't even close. John McCain knew that and delivered his concession speech before 9:30 p.m. Obama didn't just win in the urban areas where ACORN could actually be seen as a force—and which would likely have voted for him regardless of ACORN's participation. He won in places like North Carolina, where ACORN had just eight staffers. There's been no formal challenge to the electoral validity of the votes.There's simply no proof to back up claims that ACORN tampered with ballots. But there is evidence of irresponsible reporting catalyzing misguided fears.

Poll: Majority of Republicans Believe ACORN Stole the Presidential Election - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Rules of fair use prohibit the posting of entire pieces.

~Dude

How is anyone lying? Are you saying that they are being dishonest when they say they believe that? What makes you think you know what they believe more than they do?

When Obama admits he's in it for the power rush and doesn't know a damn thing about being president.

Forum List

Back