Macy's announces they are closing 68 stores and laying off more than 10,000 employees

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Macy's to close stores, cut jobs amid weak sales | Daily Mail Online

• 68 store closures are part of the 100 closings it announced in August
  • Three closed in 2016, 63 will close in the spring and two will be closed by the middle of 2017

WOW Obama is just raking in those jobs LMAO Cant blame Trump he's not President and Macy's has been hit by Obama's high health care bs, etc. Liars are great at sucking the suckers in " If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor " LIE, LIE millions lost thier Doctors. and that is only a tiny part of this POS and his lies.

Senate Republican Agenda Vice President-elect Mike Pence, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and Republican leaders answered reporters' questions following the weekly Republican caucus lunch on the party’s legislative agenda in the 115th Congress.

Vice President-elect Pence Says First Order | Video | C-SPAN.org

Department stored are dinosaurs.

People shopping brick and mortar outfits prefer discount retailers, like Walmart and Target, and speciality shops.

• Banned

People shopping brick and mortar outfits prefer discount retailers, like Walmart and Target, and speciality shops.
I'm sure that plays some part in it, but Obama ass didn't help for sure.

I don't know why. Target is more expensive than half the stores at the mall.

well a store can only run so long

with a big communist red star for a logo

--LOL

I used to love Macys up until they started trying to turn into a Target. I can't stand shopping Macys online. I hate that website. used to love JCPenneys until they turned it into a K-Mart.

This. Has been happening for years to the old guard, and will continue to happen as more sales transition away from brick and mortar.

We'll news have major retailers laying people off in two years, and a bunch of shallow minded reactionary partisan idiots (this time from other side of the political aisle) will be blaming President Trump instead.

They can't blame Trump for this. This has been going on for years. Some of these clowns get in there with their great "ideas" and they flop. Nobody wants to drive to the store and look at third world crap and deal with obnoxious sales people. In some instances the sales people would not be obnoxious if it weren't for how the business operates. Like one ties the sales people to how much is rung up an hour and those people are particularly vile.

I agree it is stupid to blame Trump (or Obama) for layoffs that happen because of a shift in consumer shopping habits, but they will just as OP has trying to tie Macy's to Obama.

The economy is always cycling out winners and losers, it takes a special brand of stupid to try to ignore all the jobs being gained in other companies and just focus on the ones who haven't done as well, pretending the finger can always be pointed at whatever poltical figure is the target.

He can't blame Obama for this either. There were a plethora of articles that came out several years ago about how brick and mortar stores were going down due to the internet.

Macy's is and always has been a high end store. Who the hell, besides the wealthy, can afford to shop there??

Macy's is not at all high end. Try Bergdorf Goodman for high end. Macy's is as middle of the road ad you can get.

Macy's is an anchor store in many malls. Once the anchor closes, the death of the mall isn't far behind.

Gee. I thought the economy was doing great and people were spending.

At least that's what douchebag in the WH would have you believe.

Forum List

Back