Macron says long Trump handshake 'not innocent'

Source: Politico

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

By KAIT BOLONGARO 5/28/17, 11:30 AM CET Updated 5/28/17, 12:43 PM CET
French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Read more: Macron says long Trump handshake ‘not innocent’

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.

Macron is a Rothschild puppet and France will continue to swirl the drain as they continue to submit to radical muslims.
I agree, i am French and Macron went to far...Trump wont forget the handshake, i say : you do you think you are Macron ? a little Sissy that no one will went you in 5 Years.
In his interview Macron described France's relationship with the US as one of conflict, which may win him some support among the notoriously anti American French, but will make it much more difficult for France to deal with the US or our European allies such as Italy, Poland or the UK.
You're ignoring the anti-French on the Right in the US? Remember "Freedom Fries"?
Hahahaha..."Freedom Fries" was precious!!

A handshake, really. There is no way of being more pussy than complaining about a handshake.

Holding onto U.S. president’s hand showed he won’t make even small concessions, French leader explains.

French President Emmanuel Macron said his extended handshake with Donald Trump before a NATO summit was “not innocent” and intended to show he did not make even small concessions.

In an interview with the Journal du Dimanche published on Sunday, the French leader said his interaction with the American head of state was “a moment of truth.”

“My handshake with him was not innocent,” Macron said. “We need to show that we won’t make small concessions, even symbolic ones, while not overhyping things either.”

In the interview, Macron went on to compare Trump’s attitude to power with that of Russia’s Vladimir Putin and Turkey’s Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. “Donald Trump, the Turkish president or the Russian president believe in the logic of the trial of strength, which doesn’t bother me. I don’t believe in the diplomacy of public invective, but in my bilateral dialogues, I don’t let anything pass, that is how we are respected,” he said.

###

Europe America is no longer your friend as we elected a president that is no more then a russian fingerhead. It is sad but it is what it is.

So, before they even talked, the French guy was determined to not make even a small, symbolic concession to America?

Fine. Then lets stop pretending to be friends.

Fuck them.

How can you respect a guy who hides his long-term affair with a male radio executive through a sham marriage with a 64-yr old granny? (Macron's wife has 7 grandchildren, Macron-O children).

How can you respect a guy who hides his long-term affair with a male radio executive through a sham marriage with a 64-yr old granny? (Macron's wife has 7 grandchildren, Macron-O children).

Really? I didn't know that!

Having an affair is as French as pastry.

Of course you have links for this affair with "a male radio executive".

###

Trump is making your life miserable... good...
And we have and will continue to make that dump pos's life miserable

###

Macron is a Rothschild puppet and France will continue to swirl the drain as they continue to submit to radical muslims.
I agree, i am French and Macron went to far...Trump wont forget the handshake, i say : you do you think you are Macron ? a little Sissy that no one will went you in 5 Years.
In his interview Macron described France's relationship with the US as one of conflict, which may win him some support among the notoriously anti American French, but will make it much more difficult for France to deal with the US or our European allies such as Italy, Poland or the UK.
You're ignoring the anti-French on the Right in the US? Remember "Freedom Fries"?
Hardly the same thing. Freedom fries comes from the time when the best selling book in France claimed the 911 attacks were false flag attacks staged by the US government.

###

Hardly the same thing. Freedom fries comes from the time when the best selling book in France claimed the 911 attacks were false flag attacks staged by the US government.
Which book was that?
InfoWars said the too, and the Right loves Alex Jones.

She is in complete panic mode as Trump is right up to her lies.

The foreign invasion that Germany is under, will never occur in USA under Trump.

Which book was that?
L'Effroyable imposture[1] (or "The Horrifying Fraud") is the original French title of a highly controversial 2002 book by French journalist and political activist Thierry Meyssan. Its English edition is entitled 9/11: The Big Lie.

The book argues that the attacks of September 11, 2001, were "false flag" operations directed by right-wingers in the U.S. government and the military-industrial complex who sought a casus belli for military action in Afghanistan and Iraq. A publishing sensation in France,[2] the book has received severe criticism over its factuality in both the French and United States mainstream news media. The U.S. government has publicly denounced the book and considers it a significant international misinformation threat. The crux of the criticism emphasizes that the book contradicts much eyewitness and forensic evidence and so cannot be accepted as a factual account.

The book, reported to have sustained a number 1 bestseller position in France for six of seven weeks immediately after its launch,[3] sold 164,100 copies in the first year, and a total of 300,000 up to date.[citation needed] It has since been translated into 28 languages (as of 2006),[4] attracting substantial international media attention.[5]

9/11 conspiracy theories - Wikipedia

Which book was that?
L'Effroyable imposture[1] (or "The Horrifying Fraud") is the original French title of a highly controversial 2002 book by French journalist and political activist Thierry Meyssan. Its English edition is entitled 9/11: The Big Lie.

The book argues that the attacks of September 11, 2001, were "false flag" operations directed by right-wingers in the U.S. government and the military-industrial complex who sought a casus belli for military action in Afghanistan and Iraq. A publishing sensation in France,[2] the book has received severe criticism over its factuality in both the French and United States mainstream news media. The U.S. government has publicly denounced the book and considers it a significant international misinformation threat. The crux of the criticism emphasizes that the book contradicts much eyewitness and forensic evidence and so cannot be accepted as a factual account.

The book, reported to have sustained a number 1 bestseller position in France for six of seven weeks immediately after its launch,[3] sold 164,100 copies in the first year, and a total of 300,000 up to date.[citation needed] It has since been translated into 28 languages (as of 2006),[4] attracting substantial international media attention.[5]

And the Right's reason for their love affair with Alex Jones, who said the same thing?

Which book was that?

And the Right's reason for their love affair with Alex Jones, who said the same thing?
All the people on the Right love him? That's not true, but it does seem all the people on the left love any foreigner who bashes the US.

Which book was that?
On a side note, I notice you have a brutal wife beater as your avatar.

Forum List

Back