MA Court writes law giving unmarried lesbian full parental rights!!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Legislators write laws not courts, but that hallowed principle was abandoned in america long ago. Liberals know they can't get their laws passed so they insist judges write laws and call it an "interpretation".

Massachusetts' highest court grants full parental rights to unmarried gay woman

oct 4 2016 BOSTON - The Mass. court that paved the way for same-sex marriage in the United States ruled Tuesday that an unmarried gay woman whose former girlfriend gave birth to two children through artificial insemination has the same parental rights as their biological mother.

The Supreme Judicial Court, of Massachusetts, issued its decision Tuesday in a complicated case about the parental rights of a once-partnered, but unmarried, gay couple.

Julie Gallagher gave birth to the children, and her former partner, Karen Partanen, has helped raise them. They are now 4 and 8.

After the couple split in 2013, Partanen wanted to be declared a full legal parent.

A family court judge dismissed Partanen's request, finding that she didn't meet the requirements under state law because she and Gallagher were not married when the children were born, and Partanen is not a biological parent.

In overturning that ruling, the SJC found that a gay person may establish themselves as a child's presumptive parent under state law, even without a biological relationship with the child.

Legislators write laws not courts, but that hallowed principle was abandoned in america long ago. Liberals know they can't get their laws passed so they insist judges write laws and call it an "interpretation".

Do the judges where "robes" and work in "courtrooms" too?

Now boyfriends and girlfriends can establish legal rights to children not their own.

Now let's talk about child support for the slut you wouldn't marry.

Sounds good to me :thup:
Really? This means any roommate in a house can legally claim parenthood.
Democrats should not be allowed to vote.
Hopefully you're willfully lying to be a dick and you're not actually so dumb that you really believe what you posted
I responded pointedly to the thread topic. You didn't. Your insult demonstrates your failure.
You said any roommate in a house can legally claim parenthood. Are you lying because you're feeling emotional? Or are you so dumb that you actually believe that?

Hopefully you're willfully lying to be a dick and you're not actually so dumb that you really believe what you posted
I responded pointedly to the thread topic. You didn't. Your insult demonstrates your failure.
You said any roommate in a house can legally claim parenthood. Are you lying because you're feeling emotional? Or are you so dumb that you actually believe that?
I responded objectively and accurately to the judge's decision. You haven't. Try again.

I responded objectively and accurately to the judge's decision. You haven't. Try again.
Okay so you are so dumb that you actually believe what you posted is accurate. Got it.

Okay so you are so dumb that you actually believe what you posted is accurate. Got it.
You still haven't responded.

Rosh is blathering. Bucky is blathering, too. Unhappy day for rwnjs after last night's debate.

To what? Why would a random roommate that played no role in the creation of a child and did not raise it get parental rights?

No it does not mean objectively that "any roommate in a house can legally claim parenthood."

If Rosh were an attorney and offered that as a motion, he would be sanctioned, fined, and suspended.

To what? Why would a random roommate that played no role in the creation of a child and did not raise it get parental rights?
Ask the judge. What is the judge's criteria?

Wow so you either you lied or you're an idiot, and now we find out you didn't even read the article and don't know anything about this case? Good grief man are you even trying?

Wow so you either you lied or you're an idiot, and now we find out you didn't even read the article and don't know anything about this case? Good grief man are you even trying?
I asked the question rhetorically.
You should not be allowed to vote.

Forum List

Back