Lesbian mom loses parental rights, and wife, to child's sperm donor

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
The judge made a sound ruling her and the parents are indeed the biological father and mother!

An Oklahoma woman has no parental rights over the son she raised for two years with her estranged wife, who has since started dating the former couple’s sperm donor, a judge ruled Monday.

Kris Williams and Rebekah Wilson, who were legally married in June 2019, were both initially listed on the boy’s birth certificate when Wilson gave birth to him in August 2019, according to court documents. The boy, referred to only as W.R.W.W. in the judge’s ruling, was conceived using the sperm of Harlan Vaugh, with whom Wilson entered a “Known Sperm Donor Agreement” in September 2018.

Williams and Wilson, however, split in November 2021, and Wilson moved in with Vaughn shortly afterward, court documents state. But while Williams was on the child’s birth certificate, she did not adopt him before she split with Wilson, and she has not seen him since Nov. 23, 2021.

“The reality is that the law provides a legal remedy available to Williams,” Oklahoma County District Judge Lynne McGuire wrote in her decision, referring to adoption. “She knowingly chose not to pursue it.”

McGuire’s ruling found Wilson and Vaughn, who have since had a second biological child together, to be the “legal parents” of W.R.W.W.

Williams told NBC affiliate KFOR of Oklahoma City that she was “in shock” by the judge’s ruling.

“I can tell you that that brings a lot of anger and emotion on me,” Williams said through tears Tuesday. “Why? Just why?”

In a statement to KFOR, Vaughn said that he and Wilson are “grateful for the court’s validation.”

It used to be a non donating parent did NOT have to go the adoption route if they are on the birth certificate.

If you were married and your wife cheated and became pregnant the courts would still make the cheated parent pay for child support and have access to the child.

Now granted I am not aware how the courts have been ruling with the advent of DNA tests and such so............

The judge made a sound ruling her and the parents are indeed the biological father and mother!

An Oklahoma woman has no parental rights over the son she raised for two years with her estranged wife, who has since started dating the former couple’s sperm donor, a judge ruled Monday.

Kris Williams and Rebekah Wilson, who were legally married in June 2019, were both initially listed on the boy’s birth certificate when Wilson gave birth to him in August 2019, according to court documents. The boy, referred to only as W.R.W.W. in the judge’s ruling, was conceived using the sperm of Harlan Vaugh, with whom Wilson entered a “Known Sperm Donor Agreement” in September 2018.

Williams and Wilson, however, split in November 2021, and Wilson moved in with Vaughn shortly afterward, court documents state. But while Williams was on the child’s birth certificate, she did not adopt him before she split with Wilson, and she has not seen him since Nov. 23, 2021.

“The reality is that the law provides a legal remedy available to Williams,” Oklahoma County District Judge Lynne McGuire wrote in her decision, referring to adoption. “She knowingly chose not to pursue it.”

McGuire’s ruling found Wilson and Vaughn, who have since had a second biological child together, to be the “legal parents” of W.R.W.W.

Williams told NBC affiliate KFOR of Oklahoma City that she was “in shock” by the judge’s ruling.

“I can tell you that that brings a lot of anger and emotion on me,” Williams said through tears Tuesday. “Why? Just why?”

In a statement to KFOR, Vaughn said that he and Wilson are “grateful for the court’s validation.”
The kid is doomed either way

All three are screwballs

It used to be a non donating parent did NOT have to go the adoption route if they are on the birth certificate.

If you were married and your wife cheated and became pregnant the courts would still make the cheated parent pay for child support and have access to the child.

Now granted I am not aware how the courts have been ruling with the advent of DNA tests and such so............

Putting anyone other than the biological parents on the birth certificate is a lie.

I would probably advocate for a streamlined adoption process for situations like this, as the regular adoption process is very slow. Something on the order of 3-6 months to complete.

As I understand it, preference always goes more towards the biologic birth mother. Nothing surprising here.

Putting anyone other than the biological parents on the birth certificate is a lie.

If your spouse cheated on you and you were unaware, how is that a lie?

Many married couples have used donated sperm. It's a lie for the couple who go this route to put both the man's and woman's name on the B.C.?

If you are married for say 12 years after the birth of the child and your wife takes off, you are no longer the dad because you didn't adopt?

Many married couples have used donated sperm. It's a lie for the couple who go this route to put both the man's and woman's name on the B.C.?

If you are married for say 12 years after the birth of the child and your wife takes off, you are no longer the dad because you didn't adopt?

The BC should include biological parents only, as it is a source document that explains the source of the person's DNA, which can have medical implications.

For same sex couples some easier adoption or joint custody process can be created without messing with the purpose of a birth certificate.

The BC should include biological parents only, as it is a source document that explains the source of the person's DNA, which can have medical implications.

I really doubt sperm donors have any desire to be on any B.C.

For same sex couples some easier adoption or joint custody process can be created without messing with the purpose of a birth certificate.

As noted in other threads, seperate but equal is not going to stand.

Depends on the laws present in that state duh.

I really doubt sperm donors have any desire to be on any B.C.

As noted in other threads, seperate but equal is not going to stand.

There should be some record of who it is, even if redacted. and even if not identified that is no reason to add someone who has no biological connection to the person in question.

This isn't equal. Two women simply cannot have a child naturally, same as two men.

Your problem is you delude yourself into thinking these are equal.

There should be some record of who it is, even if redacted. and even if not identified that is no reason to add someone who has no biological connection to the person in question.

I noted why it happens.

This isn't equal. Two women simply cannot have a child naturally, same as two men.

Your problem is you delude yourself into thinking these are equal.

I'm simply noting what will happen according to the law.

Decades of grooming has made this type of reason and common sense impenetrable to the leftist skull.

Forum List

Back