MA Court writes law giving unmarried lesbian full parental rights!!!

Obviously, if I help raise my friends kid because they work all the time, I can take them to court for parental rights?

Sounds good to me :thup:
Did you even try to think about this?
Yes. Did you?
Any gay person that helped raise a child can get parenting rights? That's some bullshit and you know it.
Maybe he went over that, idk. But just form the OP, that is called a pandoras box.
So you didn't think about it, is what you're saying...
Stop being an idiot
In overturning that ruling, the SJC found that a gay person may establish themselves as a child's presumptive parent under state law, even without a biological relationship with the child.
PANDORAS BOX and possibly institutionalized discrimination if it only applies to gays.

Sounds good to me :thup:
Yes. Did you?
Any gay person that helped raise a child can get parenting rights? That's some bullshit and you know it.
Maybe he went over that, idk. But just form the OP, that is called a pandoras box.
Stop being an idiot
In overturning that ruling, the SJC found that a gay person may establish themselves as a child's presumptive parent under state law, even without a biological relationship with the child.
PANDORAS BOX and possibly institutionalized discrimination if it only applies to gays.
The woman was part of the decision to conceive the children, raised them, and shares equal custody wih her former partner. Stop being a drama queen. You sound like one of these alt-right Dump retards.

You still haven't responded.
To what? Why would a random roommate that played no role in the creation of a child and did not raise it get parental rights?
Ask the judge. What is the judge's criteria?
Wow so you either you lied or you're an idiot, and now we find out you didn't even read the article and don't know anything about this case? Good grief man are you even trying?
I asked the question rhetorically.
You should not be allowed to vote.
Now that's a typical Alt-Right response.....take away peoples' right to vote because they don't agree with you.
It's not about disagreement. It's about the lack of intellect and reason skewing judgment. Just like you just demonstrated.

Legislators write laws not courts, but that hallowed principle was abandoned in america long ago. Liberals know they can't get their laws passed so they insist judges write laws and call it an "interpretation".

Massachusetts' highest court grants full parental rights to unmarried gay woman

oct 4 2016 BOSTON - The Mass. court that paved the way for same-sex marriage in the United States ruled Tuesday that an unmarried gay woman whose former girlfriend gave birth to two children through artificial insemination has the same parental rights as their biological mother.

The Supreme Judicial Court, of Massachusetts, issued its decision Tuesday in a complicated case about the parental rights of a once-partnered, but unmarried, gay couple.

Julie Gallagher gave birth to the children, and her former partner, Karen Partanen, has helped raise them. They are now 4 and 8.

After the couple split in 2013, Partanen wanted to be declared a full legal parent.

A family court judge dismissed Partanen's request, finding that she didn't meet the requirements under state law because she and Gallagher were not married when the children were born, and Partanen is not a biological parent.

So....you don't believe an unmarried couple, if the male member wants parential rights they should be granted them?
If he is the biological father his rights should not be denied. You're so brainwashed you believe rights are granted by the state.

Yes. Did you?
Stop being an idiot
The woman was part of the decision to conceive the children, raised them, and shares equal custody wih her former partner. Stop being a drama queen. You sound like one of these alt-right Dump retards.
Im not talking about the particular case. I think the woman deserves it.
That's why I posted a particular part of it. The MAIN part of it. The part that could have repercussions AKA thinking.

Obviously, if I help raise my friends kid because they work all the time, I can take them to court for parental rights?
No. Now get out of the fetal position and get on with your life.
Why not? That's what the fucking thing said. Do you have info im not seeing?
No I'm just not making up absurd scenarios
You take it at face value and stop there. It's ignorant and a tad sheepish

and apparently you are ok with institutional discrimination. Funny

Since the kids are who is most impacted by this matter, why not ask them who they want to be with?

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Three cheers for those who thumb their nose at the adults who are selfish.

Since the kids are who is most impacted by this matter, why not ask them who they want to be with?

Holly

No court will do that. The court won't even listen until a kid is 14, and that's only a maybe.

Holly

They have shared custody for years. Why don't righties ever read anything and just react react react?
But they are not together anymore now and if one decides to move, then what happens with the kids?

Holly

Holly

They have shared custody for years. Why don't righties ever read anything and just react react react?
But they are not together anymore now and if one decides to move, then what happens with the kids?

Holly
What happens? I don't know. Whatever happens with the countless other kids in America whose parents share dual custody I suppose.

Forum List

Back