Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Pogo, Feb 17, 2015.

1. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,464
    Yeah, the Democrats are pretty much filthy depraved animals. Thank you.

2. Yarddog

Yarddog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,543

Oh yeah, right. We are the biggest problem in the world right now. How are you a brit? Maybe we should have laid down our guns when they were threatening your Island. It would have saved you the trouble your having now.

3. I.P.Freely

I.P.Freely VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    I suppose being late is better than never.....just
    American Cops are the new KKK
    Pasco police shooting victim s American dream ends in violent reality US news The Guardian

4. I.P.Freely

I.P.Freely VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Are these filthy depraved animals American democrats ? thank you in advance!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  5. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,464
    Well, I don't know that I'd call them Americans but yeah, they live here. You know, you have the same thing in the U.K. You call them average citizens, they make up the majority of your population.

6. Yarddog

Yarddog Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,543
    Hey thats a terrible story. There are bad cops, but its not a coordinated effort to be bad like the KKK. There are many more good cops than there are bad. You dont hear about the good things they do every day because its not news. They also help people, go on emergency calls, etc. . So the next time you see some cops in the coffee shop, Why dont you just call them out on being KKK members? id like to see you do that.

i feel for that guy and his poor family, But you know, I've had friends from Mexico and Guatemala and believe me, they are much happier with our police force up here than their own.

7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,984
    It's kinda revealing that most of the posts here try desperately to deflect to "our Pres ignoring mass murders", "Democrats", "muslims" [sic] and "whites who got lynched". And even "they were guilty". How far we've come, this human race.

That didn't take then, because the Duluth lynching postcard above was 1920; the Texas image above from 1916;

This is from 1926
    [​IMG]
    Ink inscription on reverse: "July 8, 1926. Rocky Water Camp Fla." Local newspapers reported that the chief of police and the sheriff were overtaken by a mob while transporting James Clark to trial in Titusville. It was the third lynching of a black man in that region in two months.
    And this one's no earlier than 1909, describing a "half-burned head"

[​IMG]
    Portrait of Will James. Circa 1907, Cairo, illinois. Gelatin silver print. James (alias) Froggie."

"Half- Burned Head of James on Pole" in Candee Park. November 11, 1909, Cairo, Illinois. Gelatin silver print. Real photo postcard. 3 1/2 x 5 1/2" ink inscription on reverse: "This Pole is in Candee Park. Enter section of Washington avenue and Elm st which have Will James (alia) Froggie half Burnt Head." Etched into negative, "Half Burned Head of James" and photographers name, "leBlock."

--- James was hung, riddled with bullets, dragged for a mile, then set afire in front of ten thousand spectators. (source)
    So clearly this postcard practice, and the overt demonstration of it including spectating my women and children, went on for some decades.

8. I.P.Freely

I.P.Freely VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    So to be clear, you only think that American Democrats are filthy,depraved, animals and the rest of the population of the "greatest country in the world" pass muster. The reason America got its arse kicked in Vietnam is easier to understand. Thank you!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. I.P.Freely

I.P.Freely VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +563
    Drivel !

10. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,984
    The lower intellectual tier here can't function in any topic without trying to turn it into some political football game. If you posted a poll as to what the appropriate topping on a hot dog is they'd find a way to turn it into "libtards".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1