Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror

So you want to talk about stuff that happened
Recently? 1877-1950 is recent?

And Democrats did most of the lynching too.

These days they don't lynch people. They attack their religious beliefs and try to accuse them of being homophobic, racist, or uncaring. And if anyone dares to criticize the white house they make up shit about them. Accuse them of animal cruelty or not paying taxes. Claim that not believing in same-sex marriages is the same as cutting people's heads off.

Democrats have been a stain on this country's past and continue thru to present times. They've just changed tactics, but they're the same hatefu assholes they've always been.
The murder of up to 3 million blacks in Africa began in the early 70's and continued until today, just a bit more relevant.
What does that have to do with this thread?

Point well taken. But then what does your post before it have to do with it?

The desperate flailing continues -- change the subject to politics --- to Africa -- to religion --- anything but what the topic is. Never seen anything like it.

The lynchers as documented may have been Democrats in their political life; they may have been Christians in their religious life -- within the South they presumably were usually both -- and you seem to make your point on the premise that it was limited to the South, which leaves the events documented here from Nebraska and Indiana and Minnesota and Illinois completely unaccounted for.

But lynchings are not either a political or religious exercise. They're a socio-cultural exercise. You freaks so desperately trying to deflect the point over here or over there are just not gonna get away that rhetorical horseshit.
So you want to start threads about things that happened 50, 60, 100, 200 years ago instead of focusing on something that's going on now???

Who cares about shit that happened before most of us were born?

You really wanna plant your flag on that?

I'll just repeat from the OP, and I'm sure we've all heard it before...
"those who ignore their own history are condemned to repeat it".

Knowing where you've been also elucidates where you are right now.
Now why would we want to know where we are right now? I can't imagine, can you?

It's not a matter of ignoring it. I just think everyone is tired of constantly having their faces washed with it.

Talk about something relevant to today rather than reopening old wounds!!!!

Then, mud, quit talking about things 60 years ago.

You don't get to do that and then jump on others who do that just like you.

Recently? 1877-1950 is recent?

And Democrats did most of the lynching too.

These days they don't lynch people. They attack their religious beliefs and try to accuse them of being homophobic, racist, or uncaring. And if anyone dares to criticize the white house they make up shit about them. Accuse them of animal cruelty or not paying taxes. Claim that not believing in same-sex marriages is the same as cutting people's heads off.

Democrats have been a stain on this country's past and continue thru to present times. They've just changed tactics, but they're the same hatefu assholes they've always been.
The murder of up to 3 million blacks in Africa began in the early 70's and continued until today, just a bit more relevant.

The desperate flailing continues -- change the subject to politics --- to Africa -- to religion --- anything but what the topic is. Never seen anything like it.

The lynchers as documented may have been Democrats in their political life; they may have been Christians in their religious life -- within the South they presumably were usually both -- and you seem to make your point on the premise that it was limited to the South, which leaves the events documented here from Nebraska and Indiana and Minnesota and Illinois completely unaccounted for.

But lynchings are not either a political or religious exercise. They're a socio-cultural exercise. You freaks so desperately trying to deflect the point over here or over there are just not gonna get away that rhetorical horseshit.
So you want to start threads about things that happened 50, 60, 100, 200 years ago instead of focusing on something that's going on now???

What's this forum about? "Race relations/Racism". Do you think racism was invented last week? That it has no roots? No history, no legacy?

Did I put this thread in "Current Events"?
And the supposed purpose of this thread to shame whites ignores that fact that compared to how blacks treat other blacks we were barely a dot on the horizon.

Then, mud, quit talking about things 60 years ago.

You don't get to do that and then jump on others who do that just like you.

First thing he says is "really? 1877-1950 is 'recent'?" Then in the next line he goes not only right into that period anyway but tries to twist it into politics. First it's irrelevant, then it's crucially relevant. In one second.

Having it both ways: priceless.

What's this forum about? "Race relations/Racism". Do you think racism was invented last week? That it has no roots? No history, no legacy?

And the supposed purpose of this thread to shame whites ignores that fact that compared to how blacks treat other blacks we were barely a dot on the horizon.

Put this into Google Translate and select "English".

Put this into Google Translate and select "English".
Ya cause you can not understand that when trying to shame whites for murders from 150 to 60 years ago the numbers are so small compared to what blacks do to each other. Once again about 3000 lynchings compared to 3 MILLION murders by much more gruesome means. Further your 3000 dead are matched every year in this Country by blacks murdering other blacks. On a yearly basis.

It's not a matter of ignoring it. I just think everyone is tired of constantly having their faces washed with it.

Do you actually need help finding the "Current Events" forum? Is that it?
If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

But I didn't. It's in "Racism".

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?

If I had intended to mischaracterize this as 'current event', I would have put it there, and then your whining would have been valid.

Perhaps you should complain to the Mod Squad that this forum exists and get it removed so we can all pretend there's no such history. Sound like a plan?

This is the history. Again, this IS the history. It DID happen. And as the study shows it's still being uncovered. Personally I'm on the side of uncovering it. You?
While pretending blacks do not murder more blacks in a year then all the Lynchings over 100 years......

The racists refuse to look at facts, even when given overwhelming evidence.

Then you get dumb shits trying to balance it with black on black crime.

The racists refuse to look at facts, even when given overwhelming evidence.

Then you get dumb shits trying to balance it with black on black crime.
No what you have here is an attempt to shame people that had nothing to do with past crimes from years 100 years ago.And I am pointing out if anyone should be ashamed of their behavior towards blacks it should be other blacks. Whites over 100 years killed 3000 blacks, meanwhile over 40 years blacks killed 3 million blacks and in this Country blacks kill 3000 to 4000 other blacks EVERY year.

While pretending blacks do not murder more blacks in a year then all the Lynchings over 100 years......

You're just determined to publicly continue to let the point sail blithely over your head, huh?

You're embarrassing yourself dood.

Once again for the slow readers -- this is not a thread about murder. This is a thread about terrorism.
Now -- whatcha got?

You're just determined to publicly continue to let the point sail blithely over your head, huh?

Once again for the slow readers -- this is not a thread about murder. This is a thread about terrorism.
Now -- whatcha got?
So it was not terrorism in Rwanda, Uganda and the Congo? It is not terrorism for black gangs to rape and murder other blacks on a scale 100 times as large as the one you are complaining about? And you had to go back 100 years to make the complaint. I can point to daily figures right now.

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Now -- whatcha got?
So it was not terrorism in Rwanda, Uganda and the Congo? It is not terrorism for black gangs to rape and murder other blacks on a scale 100 times as large as the one you are complaining about? And you had to go back 100 years to make the complaint. I can point to daily figures right now.

:dig:

Y'all continue to try to bury this shit and make it go away.

It's not going away.

Of course this is only the history that matters to you. Who cares that whites hid runaway slaves and got lynched for their troubles, or that Republicans saw what the Democrats were doing in the South and put a stop to it. All of that doesn't matter a damn. Let's all just flog ourselves for the cruelty of yesterday and forget about the violence going on today.

Nobody brought up "flogging ourselves" or any other emotional meltdown. RGS keeps bringing up "shame" but that's his thing too. Me, I'm just recounting history. History that isn't well known. The more y'all try to bury it, the more it's gonna bubble up to the surface. Simply because that's where it needs to be.

You react however you like, but the fact of its existence is not changing. It's done.

(Feb. 10)
>> The Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) today released Lynching in America: Confronting the Legacy of Racial Terror, which documents EJI’s multi-year investigation into lynching in twelve Southern states during the period between Reconstruction and World War II. EJI researchers documented 3959 racial terror lynchings of African Americans in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia between 1877 and 1950 – at least 700 more lynchings of black people in these states than previously reported in the most comprehensive work done on lynching to date.

... many African Americans who were never accused of any crime were tortured and murdered in front of picnicking spectators (including elected officials and prominent citizens) for bumping into a white person, or wearing their military uniforms after World War I, or not using the appropriate title when addressing a white person. People who participated in lynchings were celebrated and acted with impunity. Not a single white person was convicted of murder for lynching a black person in America during this period. <<

Full report/supplement/resources etc at the EJI Page here
Hard to believe this went on so recently. But those who ignore their past are condemned to repeat it.

Oh look, Pogo is trying to stir up racial hatred.

What a surprise for a leftist....

Forum List

Back