Lybia to impose executions of homosexuals & beatings of disobedient women

Shria Law

Look it up

so no actual statements made?

It has been widely reported that they have already chosen Sharia Law as the basis for their new govt. I have yet to hear anyone denounce those parts of the law. Their are also many other heinous punishments besides the 2 I posted.

You realize that our govt is based on Judeo-Christian law right? And that Judeo-Christian law specifically states that gays can be killed? That people who mow their lawns on Saturday (or Sunday) can be imprisoned or killed? Same with divorced people who remarry?

So basically, you make something up, have nothing to back it up at all other than this? I think you've made better arguments.

Shria Law

Look it up

Ah, another made up story for an OP.

So you are saying Sharia Law does NOT advocate or even require killing homosexuals, beating disobedient women, and committing honor killings of one's female children who disrespect Islam?

Have you read much on that Sharia crap?

I congratulate you for at least spelling the word correctly. Now...show us the link that that kind of Sharia law is going into place in Libya.

so no actual statements made?

It has been widely reported that they have already chosen Sharia Law as the basis for their new govt. I have yet to hear anyone denounce those parts of the law. Their are also many other heinous punishments besides the 2 I posted.

You realize that our govt is based on Judeo-Christian law right? And that Judeo-Christian law specifically states that gays can be killed? That people who mow their lawns on Saturday (or Sunday) can be imprisoned or killed? Same with divorced people who remarry?

So basically, you make something up, have nothing to back it up at all other than this? I think you've made better arguments.

Yeah? When was the last time we punished someone for mowing on Saturday? Now when was the last time sharia law was enforced at the expense of someone's life or limb?

Go ahead make another completely irrelevant comparison.

You might note that the rules are that women are to wear modest dress. This has a really wide range of meanings in the Muslim world. Face coverings are not universal, burquas are not mandated. Basically it means long dresses and covered hair.

Less than 100 years ago, women were required to wear long dresses in the west as well. The idea of pants on a woman....

Also we in the west base our laws on the ten commandments and other archaic legal codes. We have revised them a lot, but they still appear in our courtrooms now and again.

A democratic society in which women are allowed to vote will manage to have laws that are not that insane.

Muslims are unfit to rule themselves. It's why they've always needed a thug dictator to do it. And if we displace one, we better be willing to step in and fill the gap. Bad move by Bush and Obama.

And who has made that determination?

I did for one. See how they treat their women, gays and others who don't fit their profile of what is acceptable?

Unless you think it's ok to beat and/or kill women and gays when they dont conform to a man's radical religous view.

Otherwise...you and I agree. And when radical Muslims take power, under Sharia Law, thats what happens.

Muslims are unfit to rule themselves. It's why they've always needed a thug dictator to do it. And if we displace one, we better be willing to step in and fill the gap. Bad move by Bush and Obama.

I did for one. See how they treat their women, gays and others who don't fit their profile of what is acceptable?

Unless you think it's ok to beat and/or kill women and gays when they dont conform to a man's radical religous view.

Otherwise...you and I agree. And when radical Muslims take power, under Sharia Law, thats what happens.

Oh well then...let's make it international law. :doubt:

Ah, another made up story for an OP.

So you are saying Sharia Law does NOT advocate or even require killing homosexuals, beating disobedient women, and committing honor killings of one's female children who disrespect Islam?

I congratulate you for at least spelling the word correctly. Now...show us the link that that kind of Sharia law is going into place in Libya.

Would you bet your home that it wont? You and I and everyone else knows WTF is gonna happen there. Not good.

Unless you think millions of radical pissed off Muslims who are in a power vacuum with no Western forces to counter balance it........will turn out hunky dory.

Oh well then...let's make it international law. :doubt:

I wouldn't mind. Don't you agree that women and gays should NOT be killed or beaten because some man's religious belief says so?

We agree on that, I hope. We seem to disagree on the fact that allowing that to take over is a bad idea.

Would you bet your home that it wont? You and I and everyone else knows WTF is gonna happen there. Not good.

Unless you think millions of radical pissed off Muslims who are in a power vacuum with no Western forces to counter balance it........will turn out hunky dory.

We don't know that yet. But you're the guy who says Muslims aren't fit to rule themselves. You're attitude reminds me of the old "White Man's Burden" schtick.

We don't know that yet. But you're the guy who says Muslims aren't fit to rule themselves. You're attitude reminds me of the old "White Man's Burden" schtick.

Show me a nation ruled by Muslims where women, gays and minorities are treated humanely.

As a gay female, I thought you'd be in agreement with me on this. They are among the last places on Earth that still beat/kill women and gays solely for not being deemed equal to men.

Show me a nation ruled by Muslims where women, gays and minorities are treated humanely.

As a gay female, I thought you'd be in agreement with me on this. They are among the last places on Earth that still beat/kill women and gays solely for not being deemed equal to men.
It's not about that for her. In her desperate attempt to troll and discredit my op she has to stick to her guns. It's crazy but it seems for some ideology trumps self preservation. Of course it isn't her life at stake so its easy to keep her head in the sand.

It's not about that for her. In her desperate attempt to troll and discredit my op she has to stick to her guns. It's crazy but it seems for some ideology trumps self preservation. Of course it isn't her life at stake so its easy to keep her head in the sand.

Being non-judgemental against other cultures, ethnicities, beliefs (so long as they aren't white American Christians) is the bedrock of liberalism.

Thus, even an admitted gay female can't bring herself to be judgemental against a religion that demands it's men beat/kill women and gays who dont conform with the men of the society. It wouldn't be consistent with liberal ideals to judge their culture.

Kosovo- it's a 3rd world thing, not a religion thing. Lebanon, when they're left to themselves. Parts of Indonesia?

Saudi Arabia is rich as shit. Their women aren't allowed to drive. You're right. Killing and beating women and gays does happen often in the 3rd world. Thats just crime. However, Islam preaches it. And rich Muslim areas, like Saudi Arabia, practice it. In THIS situation, it is religion, not wealth status, that gets women and gays to be killed, beaten or (at best) simply oppressed.

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

Libya's transitional leader declares liberation - Yahoo! News

I love how you are so cowardly as to put me on ignore but still talk about me. :lol::lol::lol: You are a shining example of the Right wing, ain'tcha?

Forum List

Back