Lowest of Any President At This Point...

Walter Mondale got his butt kicked by Reagan

Do the Republicans have anyone as good as Mondale for 2012?

Not even close

RON PAUL
I don't know if he will run again.... But either way our uneducated easily persuaded society would never give the glitz and glam to Ron Paul, like they did obama.

Ron Paul got around 1% of the Republican vote in the Primary. He was considered to be a crackpot....still is

First of all, he was considered to be a crackpot by the other Republican canidates.... Which in my mind, means nothing considering the Republican party has shifted to a kind of Neo Conservative way...
He never did win a state though, he did come second in 10 staes, and came in third in 17 states. He also got 35 delegate counts. Which to me was a great achievement given the fact that every single Republican sounded exactly the same. I would also like to mention alot of the Canidates dont have the slightest clue when it comes to our Constitution, especially Mitt Romney when he was asked " what would you to if you were to engage in military action against Iran?" He replied by saying "he would consult his attorneys". You should know that to declare war you need a declaration of war, something I feel you should know as a potential presedential canidate.
Ron Paul also set the record for most fundraising in a day, and had the most fundraising by active military personel.....
Your comment about him being considered a "crackpot" is totally distorted. Just because he's considered a crackpot by the neo conservatives running against him does not make him a crack pot to the American people.

Your numbers for Reagan are way off. Ron Reagan had lower approval numbers than Obama at this point in his term. He went as low as 37% by his third year

Look....Jesus....We aren't talking about Obama in his third year. Reagan had better approval ratings in his 11th month....so Obama has made history. And his approval ratings are sinking faster then the Titanic. By this time next year his ratings will be around the 30s or 20s if he doesn't change his ways.

Your numbers for Reagan are way off. Ron Reagan had lower approval numbers than Obama at this point in his term. He went as low as 37% by his third year

Look....Jesus....We aren't talking about Obama in his third year. Reagan had better approval ratings in his 11th month....so Obama has made history. And his approval ratings are sinking faster then the Titanic. By this time next year his ratings will be around the 30s or 20s if he doesn't change his ways.

Quite possible.

If we enter a double dip recession - it could get very ugly.

I get the sense when watching Obama read his script these days that he truly has no idea, nor perhaps even an interest, in what he is saying...

New Gallup information showing no other president has had as low approval as does Obama at this point in their respective terms.

Obama currently sits at 47% - and the bottom of the pile...

___

The next 11 presidents, both Democrats and Republicans, all had higher job approval ratings than Obama at this stage of their tenure. Their ratings were:

-- George W. Bush, 86 percent
-- Bill Clinton, 52 percent
-- George H.W. Bush, 71 percent
-- Ronald Reagan, 49 percent
-- Jimmy Carter, 57 percent
-- Gerald Ford, 52 percent
-- Richard Nixon, 59 percent
-- Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent
-- John Kennedy, 77 percent
-- Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent
-- Harry Truman, 49 percent

FOXNews.com - Obama's 47 Percent Approval Lowest of Any President at This Point

New Adventures in Hackwork
By David Weigel 12/8/09 4:23 PM

This article by Fox News Washington Managing Editor Bill Sammon would be problematic even if its main data point — President Obama’s 47-percent approval rating in the Gallup poll — weren’t negated by the time the article was published. (Obama’s number has crept back up to 50 percent.) The problem is that Sammon fudges the methodology for determining how popular other presidents were “at this point in [their terms].”

Sammon argues that presidents since FDR “all had higher job approval ratings than Obama at this stage of their tenure.” But he pulls his numbers from Gallup’s list of presidential approval ratings from the December of their first year in office. And so far in December, Obama has averaged 50 percent, not 47 percent. That’s slightly better than the numbers for Ronald Reagan and Harry Truman.

This, however, is my favorite part of Sammon’s article.

Obama’s immediate predecessor, President George W. Bush, had an approval rating of 86 percent, or 39 points higher than Obama at this stage.

Now, think: Were there any events in late 2001 that altered George W. Bush’s approval rating? Sammon doesn’t mention any.

New Adventures in Hackwork « The Washington Independent

Quite possible.

I get the sense when watching Obama read his script these days that he truly has no idea, nor perhaps even an interest, in what he is saying...

I agree 100%, MARK MY WORDS though......... we will have a double recession!

Quite possible.

Man I hope not.

Laying off people is very rough. I don't wish to do it again...

It's ironic when you think back and realize Bush's was so high because of 9/11 at this point.

Because he was doing Afganistan, the war Obama is trying to clean up because Bush abandoned it for a war for profit built on lies.

Right on!!! Also, I don't know why they are even discussing Obama's approval ratings. When Bush's approval ratings were in the 20's, the right wing all said they didn't believe in polls. I wonder what changed??? :lol:

You beat me to it, Rinata. I recall reading AOL straw polls which would show a bump in Bush's weak ratings and that message board would literally light up by the cons all screaming SEE? SEE? We told ya he'd bounce back. Then they'd need to be reminded how often they ^5'd each other that polls don't mean squat. By 2006, all those people had changed their screen names and pretended they were never Bush supporters at all.

Quite possible.

Man I hope not.

Me either, but the way things are looking..... not to good... they say the unemployment number are at 10%

From World Net Daily on November 9, 2009

Shocking numbers: Real unemployment tops 22%

Obama figures deliberately understate economic downturn

by Jerome Corsi

Obama is a dilettante who reads a book and calls it "life". His sum total of experience was a few years as a "Community Organizer". This is a man who has never had a real job.

In my book, a "Community Organizer" is a glorified hippie. Hippies are good for one thing - punching in the face.

Next time you decide to elect a pot smoking hippie to the "highest" office in the land, don't be surprises when he fails. Better yet, punch the hippie in the face before he runs.

I never realized US Senators are mere "Community Organizers"

What does that make half term Governors?

Or that teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago from 1992 to 1996, or a practicing attorney with the law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland for three years weren't "real" jobs. Do these people ever research ANYTHING?

I don't think the current poll has to be the end of President Obama's ability to govern. It does show that his talk of bipartisanship was short lived. The poll serves as a warning that a different direction than what Mr. Obama is traveling needs to take place.

From the numbers thrown about, it appears almost all Republicans and a significant number independents are not in his camp. I even hear some concern from Democrats over his progress. A wide ranging ideology behind the Democrats will fracture and leave us with three years of little progress in war or the economy.

If things don't improve in 3 years, and if Republicans still can't come up with a viable candidate, I can guarantee that most "Independents" will stay home. They will NOT vote for an unproved Republican just because he has a big mouth capable of only saying NO. And if the constant wails coming from this message board are any indication, the conservatives won't vote for a true Republican either, since they much prefer some rebel with their cause to come riding in on a big white horse and save the day. That ain't gonna happen either.

Obama is a dilettante who reads a book and calls it "life". His sum total of experience was a few years as a "Community Organizer". This is a man who has never had a real job.

In my book, a "Community Organizer" is a glorified hippie. Hippies are good for one thing - punching in the face.

Next time you decide to elect a pot smoking hippie to the "highest" office in the land, don't be surprises when he fails. Better yet, punch the hippie in the face before he runs.

Or that teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago from 1992 to 1996, or a practicing attorney with the law firm of Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland for three years weren't "real" jobs. Do these people ever research ANYTHING?

A government job is not a real job, Academia is not a real job , and neither is working a few years for the pro-bono dept. of a law firm. He's a dilettante.

Zander said:
internet tough guys really are like cartoons!!!

Yup. Have you noticed all the "conservatives" who post here with avatars bearing their metal helmets, shields, swords drawn, guns blazing, stolen from their favorite video game hero? Those tough guys?

A government job is not a real job, Academia is not a real job , and neither is working a few years for the pro-bono dept. of a law firm. He's a dilettante.

Now wait a gol darn minute!!!!!

Ah, you're quite right. There is academia and then the "outside world".

Been there done that...

New Gallup information showing no other president has had as low approval as does Obama at this point in their respective terms.

Obama currently sits at 47% - and the bottom of the pile...

___

The next 11 presidents, both Democrats and Republicans, all had higher job approval ratings than Obama at this stage of their tenure. Their ratings were:

-- George W. Bush, 86 percent
-- Bill Clinton, 52 percent
-- George H.W. Bush, 71 percent
-- Ronald Reagan, 49 percent
-- Jimmy Carter, 57 percent
-- Gerald Ford, 52 percent
-- Richard Nixon, 59 percent
-- Lyndon Johnson, 74 percent
-- John Kennedy, 77 percent
-- Dwight Eisenhower, 69 percent
-- Harry Truman, 49 percent

FOXNews.com - Obama's 47 Percent Approval Lowest of Any President at This Point

Ah yes, and here's Sinatra. The egomaniac who thinks his posts are so fucking important that he keeps bumping them up. Do you flex your muscles for the women at the bar when they ignore you, Sinatra?

Zander said:
internet tough guys really are like cartoons!!!

Yup. Have you noticed all the "conservatives" who post here with avatars bearing their metal helmets, shields, swords drawn, guns blazing, stolen from their favorite video game hero? Those tough guys?
You'll have to get specific Maggie because I don't know who you are talking about. Sorry.

I was speaking specifically of an internet troll on this forum who goes around here telling everyone how "tough" he is. He is also a misogynist.

I don't agree with you politically, but I would never call you a C*nt, a whore, or a bitch. And I would never threaten you in any way, that is crossing the line. This idiot that I am speaking of does that, and he does it often.

I am sure that you can see the difference. :)

Last edited:

Now wait a gol darn minute!!!!!

Ah, you're quite right. There is academia and then the "outside world".

Been there done that...

:eusa_angel:

Obama's numbers seem to be closely following Ron Reagans. Both entered office in a recession. Both were wildly popular at election and saw their numbers drop. Reagans popularity dropped over a two year period down into the thirties.
Strangely, when the economy recovered, Reagans popularity recovered and he won by a landslide in 1984 (Walter "wheres the beef" Mondale)

With the economy recovering, it looks like Obama's number will also recover. With the Republicans having nobody better than a Walter Mondale....look for an Obama landslide

Yeah, sure. :cuckoo:

Reagan enjoyed a massive turnaround on the economy and his tax cuts are credited with producing millions of jobs. Obama has produced ZERO jobs thus far- he has lost 4 million jobs and counting- and he is talking about tax increases, increased regulations, and more entitlement programs. He's going exactly the wrong way and voters will punish him and his party for it.

Of course you conveniently forget that the hemorrhaging of jobs began in 2007 and accelerated at a record pace by the end of 2008. But it's still all Obama's fault.

Man I hope not.

Me either, but the way things are looking..... not to good... they say the unemployment number are at 10%

From World Net Daily on November 9, 2009

Shocking numbers: Real unemployment tops 22%

Obama figures deliberately understate economic downturn

by Jerome Corsi

:eek: Lead Birther. And you expect a fair analysis from him?

Obama's numbers seem to be closely following Ron Reagans. Both entered office in a recession. Both were wildly popular at election and saw their numbers drop. Reagans popularity dropped over a two year period down into the thirties.
Strangely, when the economy recovered, Reagans popularity recovered and he won by a landslide in 1984 (Walter "wheres the beef" Mondale)

With the economy recovering, it looks like Obama's number will also recover. With the Republicans having nobody better than a Walter Mondale....look for an Obama landslide

Reagan enjoyed a massive turnaround on the economy and his tax cuts are credited with producing millions of jobs. Obama has produced ZERO jobs thus far- he has lost 4 million jobs and counting- and he is talking about tax increases, increased regulations, and more entitlement programs. He's going exactly the wrong way and voters will punish him and his party for it.

Of course you conveniently forget that the hemorrhaging of jobs began in 2007 and accelerated at a record pace by the end of 2008. But it's still all Obama's fault.
You are giving him credit for saving jobs in one thread and exonerating him from losing jobs in another!! You must really love drinking Kool-Aid!! You can't have it both ways MM, he is either responsible for the economy or he isn't. Which is it?

You are giving him credit for saving jobs in one thread and exonerating him from losing jobs in another!! You must really love drinking Kool-Aid!! You can't have it both ways MM, he is either responsible for the economy or he isn't. Which is it?

Obama goes both ways????

Whoah.

obama_gay_sex_scandal_the_globe_20090225.jpg

Forum List

Back