Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

No wonder they support loserterianism that hates common sense investment in their own effin country. Amazing how dumb they're.
arent you racist against blacks Matthew :eusa_whistle: BE HONEST.

I am racist against idiocy as in illogical defending of criminals and destruction of personal property. I am 100% right to be too.

Going up the down staircase is problematic.

Bad aim does not concern me.

I do not equate male-male as male-female in any case.

Oh, you think they (straights) are having anal sex "accidentally"? Is this what you are going with?

Again, I have to ask, why do you spend so much time obsessing on the kind of sex gay folks are having? Especially since they aren't doing anything straights don't already do - Anal, fellatio, cunnilingus.

yes, some guys are attracted to other dudes.

And some guys are attracted to fat chicks.

And some guys are into Asian chicks. Even though they aren't Asian.

Why does this affect you in any way?

I'm going to say nice things about Conservatives in this thread.

I think that some of the things they believe in aren't all that wrong.

The idea that someone shouldn't be dependent on the government his whole life isn't a wrong idea. There's truly virtue in work.

If the Republicans are looking out for the rich, the Democrats are looking out for the people who want to live on the dole. No one is really looking out for those of us who go out day in and day out to thankless jobs.

Both parties used to get working folks were the backbone of this country, and somewhere along the line, both of them forgot it.

Dear JoeB131 I find the corporate interests bought out both parties, and blame that monopoly for ruining the checks and balances on govt, not the people in the parties who are victims of the politicians sold out.

But I will say the approach of limited govt should be the governing rule,
and use that to SHIFT control and resources BACK to the local
level in order to HELP people organize and manage programs to help the poor.

What the liberal party image is good for is promoting INCLUSION of minority voices
and interests, but they are not good for solving the problems which are coming from the
independent business types.

The analogy I would offer is the two types of blood vessels in the body
the blue are the veins for blood coming back to the heart that represents DEMANDS or needs
the red are the arteries for blooding going out that represents SUPPLY

I would turn to the Democrats to serve as the open channels to receive in grievances but truly make sure this is inclusive and unconditionally open to all and not biased to cut people out of the grievance process;
but put the Republicans in charge of regulating the flow outward where it is truly Constitutional, no taxation without representation, so there is neither corporate or social welfare
except where funders agree to their money going there.

We don't want excess blood flowing to where there is already too much and it is hemorrhaging or bleeding out,
nor do we want to cut off blood flow to organs or limbs where these parts die off.

We have to agree on ways to ensure the resources are produced, managed and flow naturally,
where people ARE able to earn and sustain without robbing others by force of law.

The greed for power messes up that flow, but it isn't just the rich folks to blame.

This isn't rocket science.

If you live in a jungle and you see a dark cave you are fearful of going in it. Rightfully so.

If you then gingerly ease your way in with a torch and explore the cave and find nothing in there to harm you your fear of this cave diminishes greatly. If you then visit this same cave over and over for years and you find nothing in there to harm you your fear of the cave is gone. You know the place, you know the dangers. The dangers you imagined were proven wrong. You have become 'educated' on the reality of the cave.

That's it. Knowledge allays fear that is founded on lack of that knowledge. We don't fear 'volcano gods' though we still respect and understand the REAL dangers of volcanos. The same with Earthquakes. The more we learn the less abstract and misguided fear we have and the more realistic view of the real dangers. Fear is replaced with respect and knoweldge.

Conservatives brains are hardwired to be more fearful than others, which long ago was a huge asset. Before humans knew about the processes of life and how to control them everything seemed to be out to kill us so those who avoided these things survived more often. But with the knowledge we've gained the last thousand years our unfounded fear of almost everything has been replaced with understanding of the natural forces and respect for those natural forces.

The fear of 'the other' is the same. Go eat dinner with a race of people you know nothing about and you'll find you may not like everything they serve but they eat dinner like you, they laugh, the love their children, and they want to get ahead in life and be left alone. The fear is replaced with understanding that 'different' isn't an evil thing.

Dear IsaacNewton
The conservatives I know have conquered fear by putting love of truth first.
The liberals I know who aren't afraid have also discovered the liberating effect of truth.

Whatever you are blaming on conservatives as fear based
I have seen as much hatred and blame on the left.

Just bring up spiritual healing and you'll see the
reaction on the left that is mostly fear based.

I have two liberal atheist friends who weren't afraid of this even though
they hadn't researched it. They are actually interested in seeing the beneficial possibilities.

Too many of the rest have attacked me for even bringing it up as valid.
Wouldn't you call that fear based rejection from ignorance?
Happens on the left also, even with people who
claim to be objective scientific minded.

Now watch, data and science will be attacked

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found.

Socially conservative ideologies tend to offer structure and order," Hodson said, explaining why these beliefs might draw those with low intelligence. "Unfortunately, many of these features can also contribute to prejudice."

In another study, this one in the United States, Hodson and Busseri compared 254 people with the same amount of education but different levels of ability in abstract reasoning. They found that what applies to racism may also apply to homophobia. People who were poorer at abstract reasoning were more likely to exhibit prejudice against gays.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice | Racism, Bias & Politics | Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology

Ohhh you mean like these conservatives?? OOPs My bad...these are liberals...

The empty valley of the conservative group think. As long as you have one or two anecdotes that supports ANYTHING you believe in then that proves it must be true regardless of the mountain of evidence to the contrary. All you need is one person to validate what you believe and you are right about everything you believe. Children operate on this same premise.

If you live in a jungle and you see a dark cave you are fearful of going in it. Rightfully so.

If you then gingerly ease your way in with a torch and explore the cave and find nothing in there to harm you your fear of this cave diminishes greatly. If you then visit this same cave over and over for years and you find nothing in there to harm you your fear of the cave is gone. You know the place, you know the dangers. The dangers you imagined were proven wrong. You have become 'educated' on the reality of the cave.

That's it. Knowledge allays fear that is founded on lack of that knowledge. We don't fear 'volcano gods' though we still respect and understand the REAL dangers of volcanos. The same with Earthquakes. The more we learn the less abstract and misguided fear we have and the more realistic view of the real dangers. Fear is replaced with respect and knoweldge.

Conservatives brains are hardwired to be more fearful than others, which long ago was a huge asset. Before humans knew about the processes of life and how to control them everything seemed to be out to kill us so those who avoided these things survived more often. But with the knowledge we've gained the last thousand years our unfounded fear of almost everything has been replaced with understanding of the natural forces and respect for those natural forces.

The fear of 'the other' is the same. Go eat dinner with a race of people you know nothing about and you'll find you may not like everything they serve but they eat dinner like you, they laugh, the love their children, and they want to get ahead in life and be left alone. The fear is replaced with understanding that 'different' isn't an evil thing.
Conservatives are, for the most part, reactionaries – frightened by change, diversity, and dissent.

And that fear, conjoined by ignorance, results in bigotry, which is used to ‘justify’ opposing change, stifling diversity, punishing dissent, and compelling conformity.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility toward gay and transgender Americans, immigrants and immigration, racial minorities, and Muslims are all evidence of that fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

This wouldn’t be much of an issue had conservatives simply relegated their fear and bigotry to their private lives, as they’re at liberty to do as citizens in the context of private society.

But they haven’t.

Rather, they’ve sought to disadvantage those whom they fear through force of law, crossing the line from the realm of politics into the realm of citizens’ rights and protected liberties, and placing those rights and protected liberty in jeopardy by making them ‘fair game’ in the polarized conflict of partisan politics, in violation of the rule of law, and contrary to the fundamental tenets of our Constitutional Republic.

The empty valley of the conservative group think. As long as you have one or two anecdotes that supports ANYTHING you believe in then that proves it must be true regardless of the mountain of evidence to the contrary. All you need is one person to validate what you believe and you are right about everything you believe. Children operate on this same premise.

What an ignorant statement. I hope you do not truly believe such garbage.

No, it’s an accurate, well-informed statement.

What’s garbage is post #26, which fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Conservatives are, for the most part, reactionaries – frightened by change, diversity, and dissent.

And that fear, conjoined by ignorance, results in bigotry, which is used to ‘justify’ opposing change, stifling diversity, punishing dissent, and compelling conformity.

Conservatives’ unwarranted hostility toward gay and transgender Americans, immigrants and immigration, racial minorities, and Muslims are all evidence of that fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

This wouldn’t be much of an issue had conservatives simply relegated their fear and bigotry to their private lives, as they’re at liberty to do as citizens in the context of private society.

But they haven’t.

Rather, they’ve sought to disadvantage those whom they fear through force of law, crossing the line from the realm of politics into the realm of citizens’ rights and protected liberties, and placing those rights and protected liberty in jeopardy by making them ‘fair game’ in the polarized conflict of partisan politics, in violation of the rule of law, and contrary to the fundamental tenets of our Constitutional Republic.

You speak as if you think conservatives are one person. And you speak as if you are scared of conservatives. I am a conservative, and NO ONE tells me how to think......unlike so may liberals I have and do know.

This is so stupid. We are all just people. Last I knew we all have the right to our views, and beliefs, and need no one to tell us how to think, or what to believe.
Liberals like you are the ones which are single minded.

And speaking of bigotry...from what I see you are the bigoted one. I think you have the right to believe and think as you want. You however, think I don't.

Same goes for IsaacNewton.
I feel sorry for the both of you and your narrow minds. But, it's your choice so have at it. I will laugh.

No, it’s an accurate, well-informed statement.

What’s garbage is post #26, which fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Post 26 was a mere example of hundreds of video's I have seen, all done by different people, pretty much showing how liberals....especially younger ones (but also older ones), supposedly following an ideology which they in actuality have no freaking clue what it means.

But they haven’t.

I agree re them bringing their fear out into the public. They are certainly free to believe whatever they want at home and close their drapes and hide in the basement if this makes them feel good. Witness many who spend thousands of dollars to build 'prepper bunkers' and stock them with food. I think it's really weird but they aren't harming anyone else so go for it.

But as you note they elect people who seek to put their fear into practice and have the government oppress the groups they fear. And that is criminal in my opinion.

But they haven’t.

I agree re them bringing their fear out into the public. They are certainly free to believe whatever they want at home and close their drapes and hide in the basement if this makes them feel good. Witness many who spend thousands of dollars to build 'prepper bunkers' and stock them with food. I think it's really weird but they aren't harming anyone else so go for it.

But as you note they elect people who seek to put their fear into practice and have the government oppress the groups they fear. And that is criminal in my opinion.

WOW you're WAY out there aren't ya?? Surely you do not really believe the things you are posting. I'd say you're terrified of the boogey-man. :ack-1:

Forum List

Back