"Love your enemies"

Rabbi Akivah also said that "love thy neighbor/enemy" is nearly impossible to practice.. Since you cannot force someone to love. Loving is hard. That.ia why he came up with the Halacha of "don't do to others what you don't want done to you". Loving is hard.. But asking you to simply not be wicked is more possible.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Matthew 5:44...Another turn the other cheek suck up verse.
No basis in rabbinic tradition.
In fact, quite the contrary...kill your enemies dead.

Where'd you go to yeshiva? Qillum al U.?

19. You shall love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- Devarim 10

Love and Brotherhood in Jewish Sources

A large part of Jewish law is about treating people with kindness. The same body of Jewish law that commands us to eat only kosher food and not to turn on lights on Shabbat, also commands us to love both Jews and strangers, to give tzedakah (charity) to the poor and needy, and not to wrong anyone in speech or in business. In fact, acts of kindness are so much a part of Jewish law that the word "mitzvah" (literally, "commandment") is informally used to mean any good deed.
Judaism 101: Love and Brotherhood

Where did you go to yeshivah?
The Mother Mary Instititute Of I Don't Know Shit About Torah?
What does loving and caring for people under circumstances have to do with war?
God Almighty, you come up with the stupidest statements and whenever I ask you about your background you run off like a scared rabbit.

Uh ya, because after earning a living getting shot at, some fool online really scares me to death.

Rabbi Akivah also said that "love thy neighbor/enemy" is nearly impossible to practice.. Since you cannot force someone to love. Loving is hard. That.ia why he came up with the Halacha of "don't do to others what you don't want done to you". Loving is hard.. But asking you to simply not be wicked is more possible.

I agree, coined in fact, "It's hard to love your enemies if they kill you." But it's something we need to at least aspire to.

Only way to ever have a lasting peace is if someone says, "No more." Tit-for-tat back and forth doesn't work. Someone eventually has to forgo vengeance and be the better person. If we keep going round for round, death for death, nothing ever comes from it but more death.

Much as I love Israel, and would love to retire there, I'm not about to if doing so means I have to revert to a way of living I never enjoyed and get all Rambo'd up. I can be a good Jew anywhere. And if they wanna pick a fight with me here, I'll go there. If they come for me there there's other places to go. Defeatest? No. Just realistic. Unless you resolve to go all-in in warfare so it actually ends and isn't just a stalemate fighting at all is futile.

I agree, coined in fact, "It's hard to love your enemies if they kill you." But it's something we need to at least aspire to.

Only way to ever have a lasting peace is if someone says, "No more." Tit-for-tat back and forth doesn't work. Someone eventually has to forgo vengeance and be the better person. If we keep going round for round, death for death, nothing ever comes from it but more death.

Much as I love Israel, and would love to retire there, I'm not about to if doing so means I have to revert to a way of living I never enjoyed and get all Rambo'd up. I can be a good Jew anywhere. And if they wanna pick a fight with me here, I'll go there. If they come for me there there's other places to go. Defeatest? No. Just realistic. Unless you resolve to go all-in in warfare so it actually ends and isn't just a stalemate fighting at all is futile.

Its too bad more people don't think like you. :eusa_clap:

Penelope, what is the idea of your response of "Christians are not Jews"? Obviously, the OP post talks about Jewish view... And as someone completely ignorant ro Jewish tradition... Why are you trying to troll? Your hating posts don't help either. So... Chillax

No he is not talking about the Jewish view, love your enemies is not Jewish. I am aware of your Jewish writings and views, its obvious most of you are struck in the OT and can't get out.

I guess it means what love means doesn't it. It doesn't mean you have to hang out with others, but we do have to realize they have a right to live the same as us. I do wish more of you followed the

Don't do to others what you don't want done to you part. (that is not new) . Would you like your family blasted apart, or your kids killed, not I didn't think so. Yet you stick up for it and blame it on Hamas. You have no problem with the way people in Palestine are treated , if you have I have no heard it.

Time to remember that we're Jews. Not Christians, Muslims, or Hindus. Jews, the Chosen Ones. We're supposed to be the good guys. 'Good guys' in movies spare their enemies where ever possible.

In "Man of Steel" Superman only killed Zod after trying above and beyond the call not to, and then only when others were threatened. And if think a Superman movie doesn't enter into it, Superman's creators were Jews who very probably invented him as a metaphor for our Moshiach to come.

Loving our enemies is why we continue to accept offers to negotiate, and accept peace-fire after peace-fire even after every one of them was broken by our enemies. If we can take a day off killing we take a day off. That's how the good guys are supposed to behave.

Christians are not Jews. I was never a Jew nor will I ever be. Jew is a race and I do not want to be Jewish. You can't be both. (In all actuality Jews are those who lived in Judea. ) So many who call themselves jews are not jews.
Jew is not a race.

Christians are not Jews. I was never a Jew nor will I ever be. Jew is a race and I do not want to be Jewish. You can't be both. (In all actuality Jews are those who lived in Judea. ) So many who call themselves jews are not jews.

Penelope, The Retard shows up yet again.
Let's us know when you actually know what you're talking about.
In other words, never let us know.

Like what. The fact is Christians are not Jews. I wish Christians would get that. Your post, spoken like a true Jew, calling others names. Which tribe did you come from?? You should know and have papers to show it right.

You do realize that Jesus was a Jew right?

Who said anything about forcing others to love? You don't have to force others to love. You just have to choose to love.

Like what. The fact is Christians are not Jews. I wish Christians would get that. Your post, spoken like a true Jew, calling others names. Which tribe did you come from?? You should know and have papers to show it right.

Not like the Jews of that day, I doubt he would pass for a jew today. I wonder why the Magi from Persian came to give him gifts. Whether he was a Jew or not is irrelevant. He represents a new way of viewing God, a new way of worship, non violence and peace. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

Last edited:

Not like the Jews of that day, I doubt he would pass for a jew today. I wonder why the Magi form Persian came to give him gifts.

According to the scriptures, so they could worship the King of the Jews

Time to remember that we're Jews. Not Christians, Muslims, or Hindus. Jews, the Chosen Ones. We're supposed to be the good guys. 'Good guys' in movies spare their enemies where ever possible.

In "Man of Steel" Superman only killed Zod after trying above and beyond the call not to, and then only when others were threatened. And if think a Superman movie doesn't enter into it, Superman's creators were Jews who very probably invented him as a metaphor for our Moshiach to come.

Loving our enemies is why we continue to accept offers to negotiate, and accept peace-fire after peace-fire even after every one of them was broken by our enemies. If we can take a day off killing we take a day off. That's how the good guys are supposed to behave.

Jew is not a race.

I think the PM of Israel would disagree with that. The maj or Jews in Israel are secular, and then the others do practice Judaism.

Jews are NOT a race.
Go to Israel and you''' find Jews from every nation on earth.

Where'd you go to yeshiva? Qillum al U.?

19. You shall love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- Devarim 10

Love and Brotherhood in Jewish Sources

A large part of Jewish law is about treating people with kindness. The same body of Jewish law that commands us to eat only kosher food and not to turn on lights on Shabbat, also commands us to love both Jews and strangers, to give tzedakah (charity) to the poor and needy, and not to wrong anyone in speech or in business. In fact, acts of kindness are so much a part of Jewish law that the word "mitzvah" (literally, "commandment") is informally used to mean any good deed.
Judaism 101: Love and Brotherhood

Where did you go to yeshivah?
The Mother Mary Instititute Of I Don't Know Shit About Torah?
What does loving and caring for people under circumstances have to do with war?
God Almighty, you come up with the stupidest statements and whenever I ask you about your background you run off like a scared rabbit.

Uh ya, because after earning a living getting shot at, some fool online really scares me to death.

I don't care about anything other than the fact that your Torah knowledge base is zilch.

Saw a doc about Jesus on The MIlitary Channel (why they got into religious docs I dunno) but it portrayed him as a doomsday or apocalyptic type prophet. It made some solid points.

Jesus lived at a time when as now, religion was controlled by those using it for their own advantage to earn a living. Not as a benevolent institution. He taught Judaism the way it's supposed to be, not the rigid letter-of-the-law stiffling version that benefits the clergy while dominating the faithful.

Don't need buildings for worship, or even priests and rabbis, and Jesus' sermons were outdoors embracing creation. Easy to see how this was perceived as a threat to the status quo and why he was eventually executed.

Penelope, what is the idea of your response of "Christians are not Jews"? Obviously, the OP post talks about Jewish view... And as someone completely ignorant ro Jewish tradition... Why are you trying to troll? Your hating posts don't help either. So... Chillax

No he is not talking about the Jewish view, love your enemies is not Jewish. I am aware of your Jewish writings and views, its obvious most of you are struck in the OT and can't get out.

Yes, unlike the wonderful results in the last millenia of all those other religions.

Not like the Jews of that day, I doubt he would pass for a jew today. I wonder why the Magi from Persian came to give him gifts. Whether he was a Jew or not is irrelevant. He represents a new way of viewing God, a new way of worship, non violence and peace. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

Nothing cooler than giving spices to a new born baby.
Why doesn't anyone do that today?

Jews are NOT a race.
Go to Israel and you''' find Jews from every nation on earth.

Write a letter to your secular PM and tell him that. That is why they are doing DNA tests.

Nothing cooler than giving spices to a new born baby.
Why doesn't anyone do that today?

Neighbor two doors down just had a baby, their third. I didn't bring em spices but I did bring em a dozen chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes for them and their two boys. They were at hospital on the weekly cupcake day, and rather than have the boys resent their new sibling for making them miss cupckae day I made a special batch their first day back home with the baby so instead of them viewing it as the reason they missed cupcakes, it's the reason they got cupcakes. :)

No need to be insulting.

These plants and animals you've shown...the damage they've done is sooo miniscule compared to the human race. I highly, highly doubt these have caused mass extinctions and genocide.

The human race has nothing on nature. Nature is responsible for 20 separate extinction events throughout the history of Earth, man has caused exactly 0 of those events. You really need to learn science so you won't look as stupid as a fundamentalist Christian.

By the way, it doesn't matter if there you think there is a need to be insulting or not, I decided there was, and my opinion is the one that matters when I make a post. Have you noticed I never whinged about your attempts to insult me? The most I have done is call you out on the lies behind those attempts, I don't give a fuck if you insult me or not, my self esteem does not revolve around you.

Well, I don't recall ever insulting you to begin with. Its childish and immature.
You're just acting like a little (boy?)
Endangered Species - Human Causes Of Extinction And Endangerment, Why Are Endangered Species Important? - International, United, and Whale - JRank Articles
7 Animals Humans Brought to Extinction - Neatorama
Man May Have Caused Pre-historic Extinctions -- ScienceDaily

And I never claimed to be a Christian.

You don't recall saying I bash homosexuals? Maybe you should get your memory checked.

Forum List

Back