Love this quote by a protestor

Just this morning I passed a McDonald's with a banner that read, hiring Assistant Managers - $40K to start.

These elitist douchers can go cry me a fucking river. :thup:

Just this morning I passed a McDonald's with a banner that read, hiring Assistant Managers - $40K to start.

As i said before..... pride. Pride is what is keeping them from working.

Maybe i need to consider working for mcdonalds...

So going to a school that is in the top 25 for graduate salary statistics is a bad investment?

One has to wonder if you guys think only rich people should get a Ivy League education, and have a better chance at earning a larger income.

My real point is, the only reason most have a problem with this person is they are a college student. If it was a tea party member with a home mortgage it would be a different story.

Wasn't it the tea party, and the right that made a big deal about the bail outs?

She did not say she could not find work, she said she does not want to repay her self inflicted loan. Or perhaps you can point us to where she made a claim she could not find work?

NO ONE forces anyone to borrow money. That is freedom of choice. Yet you liberal retards want to forgive them their debts for no other reason then it "feels" good.

Anyone with a mortgage CHOSE to borrow the money, they need to either pay it back or give back the house. ANYONE that CHOSE to borrow money for college needs to pay it back.

I was hitchhiking in the 70's and got picked up by a couple long haired hippies. The conversation went like this.... " You know I am not the same person that borrowed that money to go to college , man." "ya, why should I have to pay it back when it wasn't me?"
I want a link that said she didn't want to pay back her loans, that she wasn't working. I also want a link where I said I want to forgive her loans.
I paid my loans from when I was in college, but go ahead and assume away.
I'd like to see those links as well.

But then again, rightwingloons will never let their assumptions be disproved.

My real point is, the only reason most have a problem with this person is they are a college student. If it was a tea party member with a home mortgage it would be a different story.

Do you have any proof of this claim?

You should learn to use the quote function properly because I didn't say that.

I had read somewhere that law school applications are down by 10% compared to a few years ago. I don't know if that's true or not.

And you didn't bother to check?

No, because I (usually) have a pretty good memory.

Student applications to law schools are down sharply this year, as college seniors grow leery of a degree that promises certain debt and uncertain job prospects.

The number of law-school applicants this year is down 11.5% from a year ago to 66,876, according to the Law School Admission Council Inc. The figure, which is a tally of applications for the fall 2011 class, is the lowest since 2001 at this stage of the process.

Law Schools Attract Far Fewer Students - WSJ.com

If the guy from a state school interviews for the same job as a guy from an Ivy, the Ivy guy is (all other things being equal) more likely to get it. Brand value is one of the top reasons an Ivy League degree is valuable. Beyond that, Ivy grads are still pretty clubby and doors will open that might not otherwise. It's not that the value of the education received is necessarily any greater, but there is significant value to the degree nonetheless.

Generally, I think you're correct, but it depends.

It's difficult to get a job on Wall Street, for example, if you didn't go to an Ivy League school. However, how much does it help you if you are applying for a job in Phoenix if you're an A student from Brown compared to an A student from the University of Arizona? Or, if you are a C student from Harvard compared to an A student from Arizona?

But the point I was trying to make is that is it really worth that extra $200k or whatever the premium it is for the average student? Even if you have a better shot at a job, the pay usually will not be drastically different for the average student from an Ivy League college compared to the average student from a state school applying for the typical job. Maybe a bit, but to justify the extra $200k? I'm not sure.

And most of my liberal friends are working and paying off their student loans.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.
Noooooooooooo, once ANYBODY signs off on that promisory note for ANY type of loan, they are fully obligated to pay it, regardless.

And if a tea party member was spouting off about how they shouldn't be held accountable for a mortgage contract they WILLINGLY entered into, I would hammer them just as much as this typical responsibility shirking liberal idiot.

Ummmmm ... shouldn't they be protesting the educational institutions that raise their tuition rates over and over again? They wouldn't have to borrow money if it wasn't so expensive to go to school right? I question whether the people have degrees at all. If they did then obviously they would come to this conclusion. What a joke.

So they are dumb because they took out a loan for a college education, which is usually considered a good investment. They didn't say they are getting financial aid, they said they were getting a loan.
What if they said they were paying a mortgage? Would you think differently about this person?
What if this person was a tea party member?

The only problem here, is it is a college student who is taking a loan out to achieve the american dream.

Best Ivy League Schools By Salary Potential

Wouldn't a degree from a Ivy League school be a good investment? Well, at least before Wall Street drove us into a recession.

It is not considered a good investment by anyone with a brain. They probably have a degrees in Elizabethan English.
So going to a school that is in the top 25 for graduate salary statistics is a bad investment?

One has to wonder if you guys think only rich people should get a Ivy League education, and have a better chance at earning a larger income.

Wasn't it the tea party, and the right that made a big deal about the bail outs?

Did they go to one of those 25 schools? Does everyone who goes to those schools get top salary?

The problem here is the idea that education is an investment, it isn't, it is a foundation. Investments produce returns, hopefully, because other people do the work. An education gives you what you need to succeed, but you still have to do the work.

And most of my liberal friends are working and paying off their student loans.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.

Actually, I would say the same thing to them.

The point is, even If you go to Columbia the job market is so shitty you can't get a good job.
But hey, way to attack the citizen and not Wall Street. When is the right going to wake up?

The point is the citizen is wrong.
But hey, way to blame the wrong people for the shitty economy and high cost of education.

So Wall Street had nothing to do with getting us into a recession? I think anyone with a brain would know they did.

Oh! I forgot, the right puts most of the blame on teachers unions and welfare moms.

Not as much as you think.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/187498-why-occupy-wall-street-is-in-the-wrong-place.html

:eusa_liar:

According to this link, the average salary of a McD's assistant manager is $23,000.

Assistant Manager Mcdonald's Salaries | Simply Hired

:lol:

I don't know what to tell you, that's what the banner said. :dunno:

I double checked it on the way home and in front of the $40K it said, in smaller print, "up to".

So it's likely that to get to the $40K you'd need to log some OT and/or max out on bonuses. And according to your link, the average for my state is $28K, so that all seems reasonable.

Regardless, it's still decent money for someone in their early twenties.

Forum List

Back