Love this quote by a protestor

You can certainly get an education from books instead of teachers.

Whether or not anyone will hire you if you are self-taught is another story.

That's not the argument here though is it?

The fact is that some of the most successful and admired people in history had no formal education.

We've been so brow beaten into thinking that to be educated that one must attend some university and it's simply not true.
Not sure what the argument is....but employers for the most part demand degrees for most well paying jobs.

When these young people sarted college there were pleanty of jobs huh?

They heard (like all American children heard) from their society thwat the thing to do was to work hard in school so you can get good grades and go to college.

They know they would have to pay the loans back BUT they didnt know wall street and the banks would turn our lives into a GREED fest that would crash the world economy now did they?

The banks and wallstreet CHEATED their asses off with the help of a republican government who looked the other way while they did it.

They ended up with LOTS AND LOTS of money and the American people ended up with the bill and what do you do?

defend the very people who fucked us for money.

Your and your cohorts will end up on the trash heap of history
The american people got stuck with the half billion dollar Solyndra loan guarantee, thanks to Obama's abject cronyism.

I'm sure you're outraged about that, eh?

I'm sure you hold your beloved Obama accountable for fucking us out of OUR money, eh?

LMAO!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So is experience, beyond a pretty basic level of work.

Nope. I've already disproven that theory more than once myself. :thup:

Great. The next time you need brain surgery I'm sure you'll request a surgeon who has done nothing but read some books about it in the library.

The next time you fly I'm sure you'll request a pilot who has only ever read some books about it.

Good luck, asshole.

They teach "pilot" in college these days? Didn't know that...

You can certainly get an education from books instead of teachers.

Whether or not anyone will hire you if you are self-taught is another story.

That's not the argument here though is it?

The fact is that some of the most successful and admired people in history had no formal education.

We've been so brow beaten into thinking that to be educated that one must attend some university and it's simply not true.
Not sure what the argument is....but employers for the most part demand degrees for most well paying jobs.

If you want a high paying government job you'd best have a degree and if you want hefty raises to that salary then you'd best add a post graduate degree or two. Government jobs aren't based around proficiency though...hence most of our problems these days.

Erin Larkins, a Columbia University graduate student at who says she and her boyfriend have significant student loan debt, was among the thousands of protesters on the bridge. She said a friend persuaded her to join the march and she’s glad she did.

“I don’t think we’re asking for much, just to wake up every morning not worrying whether we can pay the rent, or whether our next meal will be rice and beans again,’’ Larkins wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

700 arrested after protest on NY?s Brooklyn Bridge - Boston.com

Poor baby. Eating rice and beans to pay off a debt which you knowingly accumulated.

The starving kids in Africa and the homeless here in the states feel for your plight.

EiG4DEBVenvq4meyY17CxWJ6o1_400.jpg

Did they learn nothing in very expensive college?

If you borrow money from a bank... you have to pay it back. They don't CARE if you have a job or not.
A degree does not guarantee you a job.
A stupid degree guarantees you even less.

I am very sure anyone can scrub floors, or work in fast food...with our without a degree.

The problem with so many college grads....is pride.

Erin Larkins, a Columbia University graduate student at who says she and her boyfriend have significant student loan debt, was among the thousands of protesters on the bridge. She said a friend persuaded her to join the march and she’s glad she did.

“I don’t think we’re asking for much, just to wake up every morning not worrying whether we can pay the rent, or whether our next meal will be rice and beans again,’’ Larkins wrote in an email to The Associated Press.

Poor baby. Eating rice and beans to pay off a debt which you knowingly accumulated.

The starving kids in Africa and the homeless here in the states feel for your plight.

Yes, but.........they are entitled!!!

That's right... they are entitled to go to college. They are entitled to sign paperwork at the bank when they take out a loan.

They are also entitled to be held accountable for their decisions and actions.....

The fact that people can still CLEP out of college courses proves that anyone can master college courses on their own.

I saved thousands by taking CLEP exams ]

Doesn't that just figure? Did you do that after you got your GED? Your attitude and obvious limitations are becoming more and more understandable.

Don't presume to know anything about me.

I have 2 bachelors and a masters' degree. .

Did these 'degrees' come off a roll? Can you still see the perforation marks? Or did you have to print them out yourself at home? Got them up on the fridge with alphabet magnets along with your latest finger paintings?

One can learn the skills needed to perform surgery without having a degree. ]

Ah, now we have people claiming that both a formal education and experience are unnecessary, but can't seem to fit both arguments together. This is where it all dissolves into semantics as jokers like you start to look for the exits.

Where did I say experience was unnecessary?

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills. One can learn those skills from someone without having to get a degree.

Really? Without any degree at all? How many surgeons have told you that?

And what's wrong with pointing out when the Citizen is wrong?

Why should Wall Street get the blame for his dumb actions and statements?

So they are dumb because they took out a loan for a college education, which is usually considered a good investment. They didn't say they are getting financial aid, they said they were getting a loan.
What if they said they were paying a mortgage? Would you think differently about this person?
What if this person was a tea party member?

The only problem here, is it is a college student who is taking a loan out to achieve the american dream.

Best Ivy League Schools By Salary Potential

Wouldn't a degree from a Ivy League school be a good investment? Well, at least before Wall Street drove us into a recession.

It is not considered a good investment by anyone with a brain. They probably have a degrees in Elizabethan English.

Funny you should say that. My son is a freshman majoring in Fire Protection and Safety Technology which is part of the university's engineering school. His university is only one of two inthe nation that offers the degree and there are around 250 students with that major at his school. The degree can be used in a multitude of ways. One can go into fire service in a small town or loss mitigation and industrial hygiene in a major corporation. Many companies court these kids at career fairs and offer internships over the summers and many have secured a six figure position during their senior year. Now my niece on the other hand is actually working on her doctorate in get this, medieval literature. Eight years of college and college expense and she will have to find a college somewhere that teaches medieval literature to work in her chosen field. What you study has an enourmous affect on the kind of employment you can find and the money you can make. Jobs are out there, you just have to pick a field where they are.

That's right... they are entitled to go to college. They are entitled to sign paperwork at the bank when they take out a loan.

They are also entitled to be held accountable for their decisions and actions.....

I was being sarcastic my dear.

The problem with so many college grads....is pride. [/COLOR]

The problem with our society in general is pride. It's pride that is leading our nation to destruction. We need to repent of this pride and be a humble people again.

Ah, now we have people claiming that both a formal education and experience are unnecessary, but can't seem to fit both arguments together. This is where it all dissolves into semantics as jokers like you start to look for the exits.

Where did I say experience was unnecessary?

Surgery is nothing but a set of skills. One can learn those skills from someone without having to get a degree.

Really? Without any degree at all? How many surgeons have told you that?

Common sense can tell you that. After all, requiring degrees is a relevatively recent development in medicine.

It is not considered a good investment by anyone with a brain. They probably have a degrees in Elizabethan English.
So going to a school that is in the top 25 for graduate salary statistics is a bad investment?

One has to wonder if you guys think only rich people should get a Ivy League education, and have a better chance at earning a larger income.

My real point is, the only reason most have a problem with this person is they are a college student. If it was a tea party member with a home mortgage it would be a different story.

Wasn't it the tea party, and the right that made a big deal about the bail outs?

She did not say she could not find work, she said she does not want to repay her self inflicted loan. Or perhaps you can point us to where she made a claim she could not find work?

NO ONE forces anyone to borrow money. That is freedom of choice. Yet you liberal retards want to forgive them their debts for no other reason then it "feels" good.

Anyone with a mortgage CHOSE to borrow the money, they need to either pay it back or give back the house. ANYONE that CHOSE to borrow money for college needs to pay it back.

I was hitchhiking in the 70's and got picked up by a couple long haired hippies. The conversation went like this.... " You know I am not the same person that borrowed that money to go to college , man." "ya, why should I have to pay it back when it wasn't me?"
I want a link that said she didn't want to pay back her loans, that she wasn't working. I also want a link where I said I want to forgive her loans.
I paid my loans from when I was in college, but go ahead and assume away.

And most of my liberal friends are working and paying off their student loans.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.

And most of my liberal friends are working and paying off their student loans.

I have a friend who went to one of the protests, and has worked to pay off her loans, and was doing so before she graduated.

Unless your parents are wealthy, most college students have to work through college.

Like I said, this thread would have never been made if it had been a tea party member with a home mortgage.

Actually i would say the same thing. If some tea party member was pissed off that they had to pay for the mortgage they took out and now cant afford.... i give the same answer.... tough shit.

One of the huge problems with the mortgage problem is that people wanted more of a house then they could pay for or afford.

Forum List

Back