Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards asks Obama to wait a couple weeks before visiting Louisiana

bush_katrina.jpg

A "too slow" federal response and the President personally showing up at the scene of the calamity are two very different things. As goes the former, the FEMA Director should be "on top of" the federal response regardless of whether the President visits or not. The thread title indicates a desire to discuss the latter.

If folks want to discuss whether the federal response is too slow or not slow but inept, or whatever of that nature, fine, but be rational and coherent in terms of the remarks and inferences we make one way or the other.

What do folks think? The federal government isn't doing a damn thing until the President shows up to survey the situation? Puh-lease.

If Presidents visiting disaster sites on the ground right away only get in the way, which is what the lib governor just educated Barry on, that means Edwards just informed Barry that he was a dumbass for ripping Bush for not visiting Katrina victims right away.

I still believe it is in part just a libl governor protecting Barry from the criticism he is getting from the perception that he, Barry, doesn't give a damn enough to get off the golf course.

Trump looked more Presidential by visiting, refusing to allow the media to be a distraction, and by unifying people, encouraging everyone to continue to help each other during this...as opposed to Barry's 16-page letter lecturing the flood victims on racism before he ever visits.

Obama doesn't care...he never has.....he is a true sociopath with massive daddy issues.........now that he doesn't need the votes...his true nature is revealed......

By the way

Why is golf the sport of choice for Presidents?

I mean really, Obama plays more golf than Jack Nicklaus!!

Is he going on a PGA tour when he leaves the whitehouse? Really?

Its the prefered game of global elitists...Besides, there's less of a chance of bugged offices on the golf course.

Another disaster, more Americans dead, and Barry and Hillary are once again AWOL.

Flood plains, earthquake faults, tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunami, blizzard, volcanoes, drought.....where can Amercans live that don't cost each if us to fix it?

Why it suddenly flood here? Whar the drainage?

Obviously Trump doesn't care about getting in the way and tying up valuable resources while the emergency is still underway - just his photo-op.'

Doesn't look to me like he's getting in the way, Shitting Bull. In fact, the people seem pretty happy to have him there.

Flood Victims Cheer Trump in Louisiana: "We Knew You'd Be Here!" (VIDEO)

I do not appreciate ethnic slurs - especially from mods who should be held to a slightly higher standard.

cereal_killer
DanK

Golf "every 4 days" for 8 straight years. WHparties,fundraisers, GW hogwash, WW boondogglenonsense,vacations.....it really sickening. He's not golfing guick cheaper local muni golf, he is WW golfing, travel,lodging for hundreds, take over entire course.........week after week.

Did he help Joplin? Too white? I hate thinking about him. I hate his evil muslim guts and almost everyone working with him is a crook. Where did I put my damn pills.......ah hell! Let HRC have it Trump, its too late to save us. Hey that verizon chick has nice rack, holy chimichanga..right below

Try and stop being an ass for a while...

Obama is one of the hardest working Presidents...

On Aug. 8, 2014, Knoller tweeted that Obama had taken 19 vacations totaling 125 days so far while in office. Those numbers have risen a bit due to the Martha’s Vineyard vacation, but that’s still many fewer than George W. Bush’s 65 combined trips to his Texas ranch and his parents’ home in Kennebunkport, Maine, which totaled 407 days at the same point in his presidency.

So he takes one third of the holidays of his predecessor...

You must feel like some tool... By the way he isn't even close to the highest golfing president... Woodward Wilson played 1200 times as President 4 times Obama...

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards just said live on MSNBC that President Obama shouldn't come before about 2 more weeks. He praised President Obama for all he has done.

Just reported live on Rachel Maddow.

Things are going fairly smoothly in Louisiana, all things considered. I bet they just want to complete the clean up efforts before the race baiter comes to town and encourages another riot. Obama is already warning people not to discriminate, which means the media will search for even the slightest instance of discrimination so they can claim that minorities weren't helped as fast as whites.

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards just said live on MSNBC that President Obama shouldn't come before about 2 more weeks. He praised President Obama for all he has done.

Just reported live on Rachel Maddow.

It's called 'flying cover' for the guy who controls federal funding to your country.

It's really interesting that he asked Obama to wait two more weeks. Now, Obama has announced that he will be visiting Louisiana next Tuesday (less than a week later).

Does this mean:

a) Trump beat Obama to the optics, and Obama is trying to scramble and catch up?
b) Obama couldn't be bothered by Milwaukee burning or Louisiana drowning because it would interrupt his vacation?
c) Obama had a $30 Nassau scheduled with some other golfers, and because he doesn't have access to Clinton Foundation funding channels with Middle Eastern dictators, he figured he had better get the money while he can>

or:

d) all of the above?

This was my criticism of Obama when he flew in as soon as Sandy was over. It diverts rescue efforts to protect him and clogged up airspace that could have been used to render assistance. It was election-eve political theater that interfered with the efforts to help folks.

The first rule when you realize you're in a hole is to stop digging.

Nice try.

So, President Obama will be in Louisiana next Tuesday.
Yes, Obama can't wait to play Flood Golf when he gets to Baton Rouge.

obama-flood-1.jpg

Can't you be honest about anything? Is everything a racist joke to you? Just don't vote for President Obama again.

What the hell is racist about portraying the most ineffective, incompetent, disconnected, and disastrous president in the history of the United States?

Unless, of course .... you think he's that way BECAUSE he's black.

Now THAT is racist.

Obviously Trump doesn't care about getting in the way and tying up valuable resources while the emergency is still underway - just his photo-op.'

Doesn't look to me like he's getting in the way, Shitting Bull. In fact, the people seem pretty happy to have him there.

Flood Victims Cheer Trump in Louisiana: "We Knew You'd Be Here!" (VIDEO)

I do not appreciate ethnic slurs - especially from mods who should be held to a slightly higher standard.

cereal_killer
DanK

Your hypersensitivity and the intentional effort to see prejudice where none is indicated clearly underlines your lack of a cogent counter-argument.

So, President Obama will be in Louisiana next Tuesday.
Yes, Obama can't wait to play Flood Golf when he gets to Baton Rouge.

obama-flood-1.jpg

Can't you be honest about anything? Is everything a racist joke to you? Just don't vote for President Obama again.

What the hell is racist about portraying the most ineffective, incompetent, disconnected, and disastrous president in the history of the United States?

Unless, of course .... you think he's that way BECAUSE he's black.

Now THAT is racist.

Presidential historians and many others disagree with you. After all, he was elected twice. Obama has done a masterful job - especially considering the mess Bush left him and the NaziCon obstructionists in Congress who have tried to block his every move - and still are.

Forum List

Back