Los Angeles named after the Queen of Angels , the Virgin Mary

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Marian procession to mark Los Angeles' 235th birthday

Later this month, a Marian Procession and Votive Mass will help celebrate the 235th anniversary of the city of Los Angeles, California – which was named after Mary, Queen of Angels.

Marian procession to mark Los Angeles' 235th birthday :: EWTN News
Our_Lady_Queen_of_Angels_EWTN.jpg

Last edited:
She wasn't a virgin, sorry. Laws of physics.
We are not asexual. Not to mention she got raped by Gawd.... You cant just wish your virginity back. Perhaps another "miracle"?

The name is an abbreviation from the original name of the place. The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of Porciúncula"). Los Angeles was founded in 1781.

Explain me please the law of physics which explains that the young and not married woman Mary (=virgin Mary) was born without any sin and stayed to be without any sin, so she was able to decide on her own free will to fullfill the will of god to become the mother of his son Jesus.

We are not asexual.

But brainless - although this hurts the laws of biological physics.

Not to mention she got raped by Gawd....

Who is "gawd"? God?

You cant just wish your virginity back. Perhaps another "miracle"?

? ... Whatever. I guess if I will ask you something about the natural science physics then you will not have a big idea about physics too. A miracle in physics is for example in the moment the existance of dragonfly 44 in Berenice's hair. Saint Augustine said once: Miracles are not in confrontation with natural laws - but in confrontation with our knowledge about natural laws.

So nimm denn meine Hände / und führe mich
bis an mein selig Ende / und ewiglich.
Ich mag allein nicht gehen, / nicht einen Schritt:
wo du wirst gehn und stehen, / da nimm mich mit.

In dein Erbarmen hülle / mein schwaches Herz
und mach es gänzlich stille / in Freud und Schmerz.
Laß ruhn zu deinen Füßen / dein armes Kind:
es will die Augen schließen / und glauben blind.

Wenn ich auch gleich nichts fühle / von deiner Macht,
du führst mich doch zum Ziele / auch durch die Nacht:
so nimm denn meine Hände / und führe mich
bis an mein selig Ende / und ewiglich!

Julie von Hausmann, 1862

Last edited:

Explain me please the law of physics which explains that the young and not married woman Mary (=virgin Mary) was born without any sin and stayed to be without any sin, so she was able to decide on her own free will to fullfill the will of god to beome the mother of his son Jesus.

We are not asexual.

But brainless - although this hurts the laws of physics.

Who is "gawd"? God?

? ... Whatever. I guess if I will ask you something about physics then you will not have a big idea about physics too. A miracle in physics is for example in the moment the existance of dragonfly 44 in Berenice's hair. Saint Augustine said once: Miracles are not in confrontation with natural laws - but in confrontation with our knowledge about natural laws.

Myths are not science

Explain me please the law of physics which explains that the young and not married woman Mary (=virgin Mary) was born without any sin and stayed to be without any sin, so she was able to decide on her own free will to fullfill the will of god to beome the mother of his son Jesus.

We are not asexual.

But brainless - although this hurts the laws of physics.

Who is "gawd"? God?

? ... Whatever. I guess if I will ask you something about physics then you will not have a big idea about physics too. A miracle in physics is for example in the moment the existance of dragonfly 44 in Berenice's hair. Saint Augustine said once: Miracles are not in confrontation with natural laws - but in confrontation with our knowledge about natural laws.

So nimm denn meine Hände / und führe mich
bis an mein selig Ende / und ewiglich.
Ich mag allein nicht gehen, / nicht einen Schritt:
wo du wirst gehn und stehen, / da nimm mich mit.

In dein Erbarmen hülle / mein schwaches Herz
und mach es gänzlich stille / in Freud und Schmerz.
Laß ruhn zu deinen Füßen / dein armes Kind:
es will die Augen schließen / und glauben blind.

Wenn ich auch gleich nichts fühle / von deiner Macht,
du führst mich doch zum Ziele / auch durch die Nacht:
so nimm denn meine Hände / und führe mich
bis an mein selig Ende / und ewiglich!

Julie von Hausmann, 1862

Myths are not science[/QUOTE]

And what did you say now with this words - except the typical idiotic argument: "I am right, because you are an idiot."? What has natural science to do with this theme here? What makes a phycicist to an authority in questions of the lifestyle of the people in Los Angeles? And what gives an atheist the right to think natural science is a property of his form of belief?

Last edited:
The name is an abbreviation from the original name of the place. The original name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula" (in English, "town of our lady the Queen of Angels of Porciúncula"). Los Angeles was founded in 1781.

The name of the game is historical accuracy. Everyone agrees on that.

What historians cannot agree on is the name given to Los Angeles when its Spanish founders formed it Sept. 4, 1781.

The early settlers meant to name the town after angels; that much is known. But for more than 75 years, local historians have been quarreling over its actual moniker.

Some contend it was El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora de los Angeles.

Others assert it was El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de los Angeles.

Or perhaps it was El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora de los Angeles de la Porciuncula. Or El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de los Angeles del Rio Porciuncula. Or maybe El Pueblo de la Reina de los Angeles Sobre el Rio de Porciuncula. Or Pueblo del Rio de Nuestra Senora la Reyna de los Angeles de Porciuncula.

Marian procession to mark Los Angeles' 235th birthday

Later this month, a Marian Procession and Votive Mass will help celebrate the 235th anniversary of the city of Los Angeles, California – which was named after Mary, Queen of Angels.

Marian procession to mark Los Angeles' 235th birthday :: EWTN News
Our_Lady_Queen_of_Angels_EWTN.jpg

Los Angeles translates--city of angels--has 0 to do with Mary--What does Mary have to do with Sodom and Gommorah? Every City, town and suberb on this earth( give or take) is just as bad or worse than Sodom and Gommorah.

Forum List

Back