Looking forward to drops in the price of everything!

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
We have heard the ridiculous right claim that corporations don't pay taxes, their customers do. So, if Trump gets his 15% corporate rate, we should all see an immediate drop in pricing by 15%.

Shall we hold off purchasing or should we all know how stupid those on the right really are

Slightly different topic, but ...
The lumber tariff on Canada. I thought it would boost employment in Maine's lumber industry, since Canada has been underselling us, right? In the paper this a.m. it said it would just let US lumber raise their prices, too.
I was thinking there would be an upside to the initially higher lumber prices, until the US production could take its place: we can sell it cheaper and put more people to work. But is it just going to allow the US to match those prices?
AYE CARUMBA!

Well, when we re-open all of the coal mines, all of that coal is going to be burned for some reason. The #1 reason is to generate power plants….power should be next to free very soon.

Liberals trying to understand economics is kind of like liberals trying to understand morality. They simply lack the proper genes to process either.

Lower prices could be an affect. Im not much of a financial guru but IMO, it would give incentive for repatriating overseas money, more incentive to grow, less dead weight etc. I think that is the "big picture"

Just like the airlines eliminated the fuel surcharge on baggage when fuel prices came down.

Liberals trying to understand economics is kind of like liberals trying to understand morality. They simply lack the proper genes to process either.
Please don't judge all liberals by my grasp of economics. I'm an admitted idiot when it comes to economics.

Forum List

Back