Looking for reasonable explanations for the Paluxy River footprints.

the majority of animals that are on the Earth at one time or the other have gone extinct, what does that say about evolution? What does that say about intelligent design?

Macro evolution is easy to see. A bird adapts to environment is easily found but in the end the bird is still a bird. I would be hard pressed to name on transitional animal alive today. As I would have a hard time explaining how any animal went from NO eyes to fully functional eyes. As far as I know there are no fossils that show an animal with 1/2 an eye.

In my opinion, DNA changes are just not something that changes with the environment. Maybe some tweaking within the specie but not a changing of the specie, from one type of animal to another, not so much.
Well, the cambrian explosion happened like 600M years ago. Pretty sure the fossil record from that time, and before, is pretty limited..
That is why we talk evidence and not just time. In other words anything can be explained if time is the only answer. Such as the eye. How could it develop, the answer is always, given enough time it could evolve. So if the evidence is limited because of time that does not prove munch, it just proves that there isn't evidence.
Well, i think its not so much "time" as it is their size and location of the fossil.
We found a 550M trilobyte a couple years ago only because of erosion.
What point are you making?

the majority of animals that are on the Earth at one time or the other have gone extinct, what does that say about evolution? What does that say about intelligent design?

Macro evolution is easy to see. A bird adapts to environment is easily found but in the end the bird is still a bird. I would be hard pressed to name on transitional animal alive today. As I would have a hard time explaining how any animal went from NO eyes to fully functional eyes. As far as I know there are no fossils that show an animal with 1/2 an eye.

In my opinion, DNA changes are just not something that changes with the environment. Maybe some tweaking within the specie but not a changing of the specie, from one type of animal to another, not so much.
Well, the cambrian explosion happened like 600M years ago. Pretty sure the fossil record from that time, and before, is pretty limited..
That is why we talk evidence and not just time. In other words anything can be explained if time is the only answer. Such as the eye. How could it develop, the answer is always, given enough time it could evolve. So if the evidence is limited because of time that does not prove munch, it just proves that there isn't evidence.
Do we believe there was a such thing as a pangea at one point IN TIME? How long does it take continents to drift? How long did it take for the continents to drift apart?

Many of those mountain ranges have been CREATED by tectonic plates slamming into one another. I mean how long have they been drifting?

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?

If humans and dinos lived together, why is there not historical documentation of it? The cambodian temple was built like 800-1000 years ago... I mean.. come on...
Why no recent fossils? Animals today couldnt have evolved from dinos in thousands of years. I believe the fastest change in evolution is melanin. And that still takes a couple thousand years..
That carving could just as easily been carved recently. It doesnt even look like any dino that we know of.
I tend to agree, but those footprints. There has to be something better than the notion that they are not human footprints. That is what is being said, and to me that is really not all that reasonable. Those are clear humans....or humanoid beings making those prints. Along with clear dino prints.

Is there anything that you know of that explains those? Just curious.
Well, millions of years of mud backflow and infilling could manipulate the original prints. Also, some of the "toes" look like claws. Its also possible that someone could have went in and carved that stuff. Man, TBH, i think even most creatonist groups have disregarded those prints.
Irregardless, it is crazy though! Really makes you think!

Well, i think its not so much "time" as it is their size and location of the fossil.
We found a 550M trilobyte a couple years ago only because of erosion.
What point are you making?
You said there isnt proof of "half eyes" and i explained how that excuse is easily justifiable.

Do we believe there was a such thing as a pangea at one point IN TIME? How long does it take continents to drift? How long did it take for the continents to drift apart?

Many of those mountain ranges have been CREATED by tectonic plates slamming into one another. I mean how long have they been drifting?

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?
The earth being that young is absolutely preposterous

If humans and dinos lived together, why is there not historical documentation of it? The cambodian temple was built like 800-1000 years ago... I mean.. come on...
Why no recent fossils? Animals today couldnt have evolved from dinos in thousands of years. I believe the fastest change in evolution is melanin. And that still takes a couple thousand years..
That carving could just as easily been carved recently. It doesnt even look like any dino that we know of.
I was walking around inside one of the first Lutheran churches in Estonia a few years ago. Because most people could not read back then they had a bunch of paintings showing Bible scenes. I stopped in my tracks when I got to Job.
How did they know? This dino was not discovered for another 400 years.
IMG_2708d.jpg

If God created Adam, God did not put a fetus out in the garden, He created an adult. Same could be said about the universe.

I do believe in evolution. Personally, not sure how both cannot be true. Never have understood. Could evolution and intelligent design be the same thing? Who knows? There has been more than enough evidence to show that species have evolved.

The Paluxy footprints have always fascinated me.

Delk.jpg

The notion of dinosaur footprints side by side with human footprints. I have heard the notion from scientists that those are not human footprints but a dinosaur?

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

I think there needs to be a more reasonable explanation. Those footprints are clearly human or a humanoid.

Close to where these footprints are found are these drawings on walls from ancient people.

dino.jpg

Are these interesting to you?
Perhaps the foot prints were not made at the same time?

I do believe in evolution. Personally, not sure how both cannot be true. Never have understood. Could evolution and intelligent design be the same thing? Who knows? There has been more than enough evidence to show that species have evolved.

Delk.jpg

The notion of dinosaur footprints side by side with human footprints. I have heard the notion from scientists that those are not human footprints but a dinosaur?

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

I think there needs to be a more reasonable explanation. Those footprints are clearly human or a humanoid.

Close to where these footprints are found are these drawings on walls from ancient people.

dino.jpg

So rock turned to mud, the dino tracks did not erode, and it all turned to rock again?

I was walking around inside one of the first Lutheran churches in Estonia a few years ago. Because most people could not read back then they had a bunch of paintings showing Bible scenes. I stopped in my tracks when I got to Job.
How did they know? This dino was not discovered for another 400 years.
View attachment 142930
How old is that picture though?

Delk.jpg

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

dino.jpg

So rock turned to mud, the dino tracks did not erode, and it all turned to rock again?
I don't know, I was just offering one possible maybe.

Delk.jpg

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

dino.jpg

FOSSILS OF 'MAN TRACKS' SHOWN TO BE DINOSAURIAN

A lot happened in the flood. Grand Canyon is too young they say. But that's because they used the preconceived assumption the earth is billions of years old.

If God created Adam, God did not put a fetus out in the garden, He created an adult. Same could be said about the universe.
Adam being an adult is complete assumption, isnt it?

Delk.jpg

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

dino.jpg

First of all, the Paluxy River footprints are faked. That has been proven. I mean come on, look at that footprint. That's a cartoon dinosaur footprint.

Secondly, and maybe I should have started off with this, i believe that evolution is a creation of God.

In addition, dinosaur bones have been either dug up or picked up off the ground for millennia. Possibly many humans have tried to piece them together before. Also possible is that whole or nearly whole skeletons were found by ancient people. Not surprising that they might get some idea of what they looked like.

People theorize that dinosaur bones and skeletons gave rise to tales of dragons and sea monsters.

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

First of all I seriously doubt anyone actually told you that, not saying you are lying you are just misremembering or something.

Secondly, no you will not go to Hell for not believing that the Earth is 6000 years old

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

First of all I seriously doubt anyone actually told you that, not saying you are lying you are just misremembering or something.

Secondly, no you will not go to Hell for not believing that the Earth is 6000 years old
I have heard some crazy shit from religious peoples. JS

One other aspect they always conveniently overlook: All of the intact fossil finds. Put a carcass out in a field. A year later you will not find anything there. Bones will be scattered all over from the animals devouring it. An intact fossil requires immediate burial in mud. You know, something like a big flood would do.

Delk.jpg

PSCF9-88HastingsFig2.jpg
zapata-thm.jpg

dino.jpg

Yeah, that is certainly being implied.

However, I don't see how that would disprove evolution. I mean there is a lot evidence that species have evolved.

I don't think those issues need to be mutually exclusive. We as humans tend to prop up our pride with this issue, which is why I tend to avoid the issue.

If anything, all we have are unanswerable or rhetorical questions.

We cannot just dismiss science in order to satisfy paradigms. At the same time scientists should consider there is more to life than what we can measure.

When you think about it, science is all about measurement. How long ago? How hot? How much? How far? How fast? All of science is about measurement.

The main reason why the poet and the scientist tend to clash. Cause the poet tends to define the things that cannot be measured. Like love, hate, inspiration, on and on. Those things cannot be measured and so therefore to many scientists do not really exist. Those things may be far more essential than any of the stuff they do measure.

Anyway.....

How long does it take the continents to drift apart? For some reason every time I ask a fundamentalist that, they get upset. Not being sarcastic. Do they think pangea only took a couple thousand years to drift apart?

Forum List

Back