Looking for reasonable explanations for the Paluxy River footprints.

the majority of animals that are on the Earth at one time or the other have gone extinct, what does that say about evolution? What does that say about intelligent design?

Macro evolution is easy to see. A bird adapts to environment is easily found but in the end the bird is still a bird. I would be hard pressed to name on transitional animal alive today. As I would have a hard time explaining how any animal went from NO eyes to fully functional eyes. As far as I know there are no fossils that show an animal with 1/2 an eye.

In my opinion, DNA changes are just not something that changes with the environment. Maybe some tweaking within the specie but not a changing of the specie, from one type of animal to another, not so much.
Well, the cambrian explosion happened like 600M years ago. Pretty sure the fossil record from that time, and before, is pretty limited..
That is why we talk evidence and not just time. In other words anything can be explained if time is the only answer. Such as the eye. How could it develop, the answer is always, given enough time it could evolve. So if the evidence is limited because of time that does not prove munch, it just proves that there isn't evidence.
Do we believe there was a such thing as a pangea at one point IN TIME? How long does it take continents to drift? How long did it take for the continents to drift apart?

Many of those mountain ranges have been CREATED by tectonic plates slamming into one another. I mean how long have they been drifting?

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

First of all I seriously doubt anyone actually told you that, not saying you are lying you are just misremembering or something.

Secondly, no you will not go to Hell for not believing that the Earth is 6000 years old
I have heard some crazy shit from religious peoples. JS
People from all walks of life say crazy stuff. And it is called crazy because there is no supporting evidence behind it.

Well, the cambrian explosion happened like 600M years ago. Pretty sure the fossil record from that time, and before, is pretty limited..
That is why we talk evidence and not just time. In other words anything can be explained if time is the only answer. Such as the eye. How could it develop, the answer is always, given enough time it could evolve. So if the evidence is limited because of time that does not prove munch, it just proves that there isn't evidence.
Do we believe there was a such thing as a pangea at one point IN TIME? How long does it take continents to drift? How long did it take for the continents to drift apart?

Many of those mountain ranges have been CREATED by tectonic plates slamming into one another. I mean how long have they been drifting?

I was told if I believe the earth is any older than 6000 years old, that I am going to hell. Let me put it that way. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

First of all I seriously doubt anyone actually told you that, not saying you are lying you are just misremembering or something.

Secondly, no you will not go to Hell for not believing that the Earth is 6000 years old
I have heard some crazy shit from religious peoples. JS
People from all walks of life say crazy stuff. And it is called crazy because there is no supporting evidence behind it.
Oh absolutely. I was just saying i wouldnt put it past someone to say that.

I certainly don't know. having been there and seen the prints, I just said what I said. but who knows?

One other aspect they always conveniently overlook: All of the intact fossil finds. Put a carcass out in a field. A year later you will not find anything there. Bones will be scattered all over from the animals devouring it. An intact fossil requires immediate burial in mud. You know, something like a big flood would do.
Or from an asteroid lol

In order for DNA to reproduce there are bio machines that must work perfectly. They uncoil, strip, divide, align, mend, recoil.
DNA_replication_numbered.svg.png

How did all of these machines evolve at the same time?

At no point in science can you find where something becomes more complex over time. Everything degrades. Except in evolution. Supposedly new code is inserted into the DNA strand out of no where and this code works perfectly. Try making a few random changes to the code in your Windows 10 software and tell us how improved it is. And life is much more complex than Windows 10.

One other aspect they always conveniently overlook: All of the intact fossil finds. Put a carcass out in a field. A year later you will not find anything there. Bones will be scattered all over from the animals devouring it. An intact fossil requires immediate burial in mud. You know, something like a big flood would do.

Or a tar pit, or a flash flood, or a mass extinction. Aside from those facts you must understand that there were thousands of species of dinosaurs at any given time and perhaps millions of each species. They all die. Yet we don't have the bones from every one of them. That's because 99.9999% of the time, what you described actually did happen.

In order for DNA to reproduce there are bio machines that must work perfectly.
View attachment 142935

At no point in science can you find where something becomes more complex over time. Everything degrades. Except in evolution. Supposedly new code is inserted into the DNA strand out of no where and this code works perfectly. Try making a few random changes to the code in your Windows 10 software and tell us how improved it is. And life is much more complex than Windows 10.

There is a flaw in your logic. Here it is:

"Supposedly new code is inserted into the DNA strand out of no where and this code works perfectly"

99.99999% of the time mutations in the DNA code do absolutely nothing. Sometimes they can kill and sometimes they are beneficial. The more often DNA is exchanged(sexual reproduction) the more you roll that DNA dice. That's why viruses, which reproduce daily, can evolve almost immediately whereas more complex organisms like us can take millennia.

Or a tar pit, or a flash flood, or a mass extinction. Aside from those facts you must understand that there were thousands of species of dinosaurs at any given time and perhaps millions of each species. They all die. Yet we don't have the bones from every one of them. That's because 99.9999% of the time, what you described actually did happen.
So we just happen to find thousands of creatures immediately covered by mud? Pffft.

View attachment 142935

"Supposedly new code is inserted into the DNA strand out of no where and this code works perfectly"

99.99999% of the time mutations in the DNA code do absolutely nothing. Sometimes they can kill and sometimes they are beneficial. The more often DNA is exchanged(sexual reproduction) the more you roll that DNA dice. That's why viruses, which reproduce daily, can evolve almost immediately whereas more complex organisms like us can take millennia.
Any mutation in DNA will have an impact. A negative impact. There is no DNA code that is not programed to do something. You take that away, and things go badly for that living thing.

A virus is not changing it's DNA, it merely changes shape to prevent white blood cells from clinging to it.

So we just happen to find thousands of creatures immediately covered by mud? Pffft.

You also have to understand that any particular species, T-Rex say, roamed the earth for tens of thousands of years. That's a lot of dead T-Rexes. Yet what do we have, like six complete skeletons?

How is that hard to believe?

View attachment 142935

Any mutation in DNA will have an impact. A negative impact. There is no DNA code that is not programed to do something. You take that away, and things go badly for that living thing.

A virus is not changing it's DNA, it merely changes shape to prevent white blood cells from clinging to it.

That just simply isn't true.

What do you think determines the shape of the virus? That's right, it's DNA.

View attachment 142935

That just simply isn't true.

What do you think determines the shape of the virus? That's right, it's DNA.
The DNA in a virus says it can change shape, the DNA is not changing.

You also have to understand that any particular species, T-Rex say, roamed the earth for tens of thousands of years. That's a lot of dead T-Rexes. Yet what do we have, like six complete skeletons?

I didnt think we had any. We have "sue" which is like 80 or 85% complete. The others are like 50 and 60%. Maybe i am wrong?

No one wants to discuss pangea? The one thing I know in regards to history is there is NO suggestion that Egyptians walked around South America. Unless we want to talk about the Mayan temples.

Nothing suggests that the continents were together as one during the time of the pharaohs and Moses. Is there? Do we think the continents were one during that time?

How long do continents or how long did it take pangea to separate out into the 5 distinct continents that we know today?

Was there an ice age? Nothing like that at all? When was the ice age? No writings about that. That was a pretty major time in earths history. Unless we are saying that there was no ice age.

There is A LOT and I mean A LOT of evidence that there was a major ice age period. How long ago was that and how long did that last? 100 years?

How fast do continents drift?

Just curious. Do we have factual data in regards to that?

I didnt think we had any. We have "sue" which is like 80 or 85% complete. The others are like 50 and 60%. Maybe i am wrong?
I'm going fossil hunting next week. I will likely find dozens of intact fossils.

No one wants to discuss pangea? The one thing I know in regards to history is there is NO suggestion that Egyptians walked around South America. Unless we want to talk about the Mayan temples.

Nothing suggests that the continents were together as one during the time of the pharaohs and Moses. Is there? Do we think the continents were one during that time?

How long do continents or how long did it take pangea to separate out into the 5 distinct continents that we know today?

Was there an ice age? Nothing like that at all? When was the ice age? No writings about that. That was a pretty major time in earths history. Unless we are saying that there was no ice age.

There is A LOT and I mean A LOT of evidence that there was a major ice age period. How long ago was that and how long did that last? 100 years?

How last do continents drift?

Ice ages last for thousands of years. The last one lasted like 10K years..
Also, they were "kings" not pharaohs. I know some historical data(biblical interpretations) calls them that, but the egyptians didnt. Alot of people dont know that.
That also has led to me to question whether the bible was even talking about Egypt in Exodus or not..

I'm going fossil hunting next week. I will likely find dozens of intact fossils.
I have read about marine fossils found on MT Everest.

fossil1.jpg

Not sure if that is an actual example from Everest, but I believe there are ones like that.

If it is true that fossils of MARINE ANIMALS are on Everest, which is around 30K feet high, how long did the Himalayas take to rise so high out of sea level?

Just curious.

I have read about marine fossils found on MT Everest.

fossil1.jpg

Not sure if that is an actual example from Everest, but I believe there are ones like that.

If it is true that fossils of MARINE ANIMALS are on Everest, which is around 30K feet high, how long did the Himalayas take to rise so high out of sea level?

Just curious.
There are two possibilities.
It took hundreds of billions of years for the continents to press it up.
Or during the flood the earth was reformed.

How last do continents drift?

Ice ages last for thousands of years. The last one lasted like 10K years..
Also, they were "kings" not pharaohs. I know some historical data(biblical interpretations) calls them that, but the egyptians didnt. Alot of people dont know that.
That also has led to me to question whether the bible was even talking about Egypt in Exodus or not..
I know after Adam and Eve left the garden that there were all of sudden thousands of people everywhere.

That is a lot of kids that she had.

:(

Forum List

Back