looking for people in north carolina

We are looking at a city called Asheville. Don't worry there are others in the running, we probably won't mvoe there because there has to be certain things there in order for us all to agree.

We ruled out:
Austin Texas
Colorado Springs, Co

The ones in the running now are:

Asheville Nc

Sacramento, ca

Medford Or

Seattle Wa

asheville is a great little city...and a growing regional medical center....nice weather and nice place to retire..has a hippie enclave downtown....you are w/i an hour of good skiing....5 hours from the beach (i really have no clue about that but i am making it up on the fly) lol but i figure you could do it in 5 hours...we go from the sea....the wonderful outer banks...filled with history to the appalachians...with the flat lands in between...

we really are more friendly than we let on lol....i enjoy living here most of the time..it is a tax hell.

my step dad said too many rattle snakes. I used to live in west texas it wasn't very scenic. but there is a criteria each one of us has for where we move.
He is retiring in less then a year and Im a momma's girl. Since Im raising my kids alone I want to live wherever my mom is.

my stepdad races cars so the city has to have a place for him to race his car & low property taxes.

my mother wants religious & political diversity.

I need good schools for my kids and a good college.

my step dad said too many rattle snakes. I used to live in west texas it wasn't very scenic. but there is a criteria each one of us has for where we move.
He is retiring in less then a year and Im a momma's girl. Since Im raising my kids alone I want to live wherever my mom is.

my stepdad races cars so the city has to have a place for him to race his car & low property taxes.

Rattle snakes!!! :eek:

Austin is a very diverse city. There is No other place like it in Texas or the rest of the country..

Del Computers is headquartered there. It is the #2 high tech city in the US.

The University of Texas is located there and also is the states capital.

Austin has great schools and the population is one of the most educated of all major cities in the US.

Austin is also the "Live Music Capital of the world" with bands playing everywhere.

Austin is a blend of every type of person you can think of with an over lay of southwest culture.

If you like TexMex food. Austin has it everywhere.

Also, the housing market is still good. While the rest of the country is in the toilet.

As for rattle snakes. I guess if I wanted to see one. I would have to drive 30 minutes out of town into the country side, and then walk around in the fields for awhile.. :cool:

Well they went out there last spring, and my mom loved it but my stepdad didnt he said while the real estate is low the property taxes are too high, and he is the boss really. So Austin's out.

Back to North carolina.....I like hippie culture so that sounds nice.

you would just need to live outside of asheville...it really is a nice area...lots of arts and crafts etc....

o please sunni you are not the only asshole i know from texas

VIRginia International Raceway - Real Estate

NC is one of the places we are considering moving to.

Everyone is.

The cost of living is low, houses are cheap as hell.

But as I understand it, there's nothing to do there.

I bet that's why NC went blue this year. A ton of liberals probably moved there since the last election.

VT has more hippies per capita than anywhere.

My step dad wil be the deciding force not me. Im not moving to Vermont or Va, I already lsited the options available....so are you trying to say we won't do macrame classes together if I end up Asheville (hippie hater) ?:razz:

Everyone is.

The cost of living is low, houses are cheap as hell.

But as I understand it, there's nothing to do there.

I bet that's why NC went blue this year. A ton of liberals probably moved there since the last election.

We will probably end up in California. But NC is still on the list. Are you from there Paulitics?

We will probably end up in California. But NC is still on the list. Are you from there Paulitics?

I've never been there. I've heard from more than one person though, that there's not much to do there. But that's always a matter of opinion. I'd love to visit it and see what it has to offer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back