looking for people in north carolina

I've never been there. I've heard from more than one person though, that there's not much to do there. But that's always a matter of opinion. I'd love to visit it and see what it has to offer.

It's very pretty in pictures Ive seen. Borings ok with me, I wonderwhat the crime rate is like, what the public schools are like, my folks will visit NC in the Spring.

It's very pretty in pictures Ive seen. Borings ok with me, I wonderwhat the crime rate is like, what the public schools are like, my folks will visit NC in the Spring.

Well, one thing is probably for certain.

If the schools were good and the crime rate was low, those will probably deteriorate as more people move there.

What's the deal with North Carolinians calling it North Cackalacky?

Stop wondering and buy a book called "places rated" that has that type of info summarized for all major metro areas in the US.

I already have. Its better to go visit those places and get your own vibe for it. We all truly were excited about Austin until my stepdad said too many rattlesnakes.....heh people have there own things they are looking for.

I already have. Its better to go visit those places and get your own vibe for it. We all truly were excited about Austin until my stepdad said too many rattlesnakes.....heh people have there own things they are looking for.

FYI---33 years living in Austin--I've only seen 1 rattlesnake.

Well I didnt go there but my parents did last spring and my stepdad saw 2 in the one week he was there. Plus he said even though real estate is low property taxes are high. I was all packed for Lake Travis and then we had to scratch it off the list....hehe

Well I didnt go there but my parents did last spring and my stepdad saw 2 in the one week he was there. Plus he said even though real estate is low property taxes are high. I was all packed for Lake Travis and then we had to scratch it off the list....hehe

LOL well Lake Travis ain't exactly a ghetto if ya know what I mean.

yeah too bad there were rattlesnakes out there, I was excited about possibly moving there.

yeah too bad there were rattlesnakes out there, I was excited about possibly moving there.

I bet there weren't 5 people bitten by a snake last year and no deaths. They just aren't that prevalent. Gotta MUCH better chance of getting hit by a car.

well high property taxes too. So do you and Gunny hang out and have a heineken when your not online.

Two places I've seen rattlers in the wild are AZ and NC. Also seen plenty of bears here and even a cougar once. In fact the History Channel did a show on cougar sitings: Monsterquest Vampire Beast.

We also have plenty of black widow spiders and the even more deadly brown recluse.:muahaha:

Last edited:
Oh NO Glock, you have really scared me off from NC, I'll be sure and report all those facts to my stepdad!!

brs.jpg

I've captured at least two of these in my own house.

Pictures of a victim of brown reclusive spider bite-Unproven!

BRS7.jpg

Don't worry I'll do everything in my power not to move out there....he he

Forum List

Back