Looking at the election results my thoughts....

A. Th fact that you constantly use the term "Republitard" speaks volumes as to your inability to move beyond childish, emotional responses and move in to the adult world.
B. Sorry... Obama was completely, overwhelmingly, absolutely rejected last night. End of story. The grand Marxist experiment is DEAD.

And what was it two years ago moron? Americans just seesaw and vote back and forth for people who say what they want to hear, hardly anyone takes the time to view voting records of candidates and do any fact checking to educate themselves, they simply vote for whoever says what sounds good and both parties are good at playing charlatans.

Honestly? I disagree with your assessment of Obama's initial agenda v. what we got. All politicians lie to some extent while campaigning, but Obama caved completely to Reid & Pelosi on this.

Look at where he was coming from and who he surrounded himself with at the heart of his circle. A junior Senator, used to taking instructions from the same leader he would now have to oppose, flanked on one side by a senior Senator so immersed in the institution there's no way he could grasp the changeover to the independent Executive and as his "gatekeeper" a House player who was a pro at taking his marching orders from the Speaker and whipping the rank and file.

If they could sell their abortion of a healthcare package who benefited from passing it in such a rush? The White House? Not hardly. Next year would have been most advantageous to Obama, as would a pitched battle with the loons on the extremes in both camps. Something he avoided at Rahm's insistence....Rahm, who answers to Pelosi.

I think to be fair to him he probably opened his eyes to a whole new world upon assuming the presidency as it relates to the economy, Iraq, Gitmo and Afghanistan among others....those situations are far more complicated than they appear on the surface and I'm sure there's a lot we don't know. But if addressing the hard stuff and standing up to all comers with a finger in the pie including his own party is beyond him, he's in the wrong office. The Executive should never be an imperial position like the last joker wanted it to be, but it can't be an extension of the Legislative either.

Or maybe I just need more coffee....who knows? :lol:
its interesting hearing different perspectives.

i thought that obama shifted from the leftern pro-private-option crowd decidedly to the center opposing such a measure against reid's and pelosi's intentions. nuance in the end. i associate the bill with him because he's the prez and it seems to have turned out the way he said he wanted it once he was prez. the same cant be said for pelosi's or reid's drafts/pet proposals. i thought the bill was more center-dem at its passage.

i think obama is going the emperor route. i think he should have listened to ol' biden about afghanistan, for example. bush, i thought, was too much a voice for his cabinet and cabinet level influences. what i've heard of his memoirs underscores that suspicion. he was a pushover for the legislature with one of the weakest veto pens in history and his stupid signing statement conservatism,too.

as for obama, i'd like to see if he can make independent decisions now that he is not totally in control. i'd like to see him standing by his shit with a veto pen while taking the same pen and supporting legislation that might fix some things - particularly if they are sponsored by republican congressmen.

I will also be interested to see how he copes with having to work with the Reps.

Should be an interesting year to say the least.

I will also be interested to see how he copes with having to work with the Reps.

Should be an interesting year to say the least.

i think that is the making of a president. if they are worth the suit they're in, they'll shine, if not, and the fail to rise to the occasion, they'll be exposed. hopefully the GOP is serious about being a power party rather than an opposition, and this opportunity won't boil down to seeking chances to work toward exposing the president ahead of doing their jobs in the legislature. i've got some confidence in them.

We all agree that the times we are living in are rare and it goes without saying that how those that represent us lead this nation through these tough times will determine how future generations enjoy the freedoms that this nation has offered that others before them have. Having said that, in my humble opinion it is no longer a matter of WILL they work together to find common solutions, but, they MUST work together to find common solutions. No longer are these team jerseys of R or D should be worn before that one of American and I do believe that the Senator from W.V. said it best yesterday that he was " American First" and everyone who believes in that are those whom he will work with. Now if all those in congress from both sides of the Isle use this attitude, and guide our nation to a more responsible one and one where opportunity is there for all Americans to realize their full potential then perhaps they will again earn the respct of their real bosses and thats the American people. There is nothing wrong with debate and even to disagree, but to ignore the will of the American people in matters that effect everyone and continue down a path that will lead this nation into the darkness of the 3rd world is not acceptable. It is time those that represent us took pride in the word "American" and focus that for a while rather than focus on the R or the D and everywhere else.

I seriously hope Republitards don't mistake these results as an endorsement of their policies and or what they claim to stand for, these election results are just the inverse of what happened in 2008, each party feeding feeding off voter anger and and voters being too damn stupid to realize that no matter who you put in office from either party the same problems are going to remain and exist and that this seesawing back and forth isn't the solution, its time for a third party. The problem with the Dems and Obama is that they said all the right things but were not aggressive enough in selling them to the people. The Republitards, regardless of how much fearmongering and misinformation they used have to be given credit for aggressively promoting it, but bottom line neither party is going to solve the problem of reducing poverty, improving schools, reducing crime rates, lowering unemployment and improving the economy. Its amazing how two billionaires, the Koch brothers, managed to drown out the best interests and voices of the masses who really need help, there's way more poor people than there are billionaires and yet the rich have won again. If the Dems want to regain some credibility they have to do more than just play the "we are the lesser of the two evils" card, they're going to have to really make more of an effort, the good thing is that the Teabaggers, with their uncompromising style and rhetoric, they will not make it past one term, they're going to learn the hard way that they're ging to have to compromise or be gone.
I believe most Americans are sick of the two party system. The Republicans just had a big victory, yet they have a ridiculous low approval rating. Both parties approval rating of job performance in congress rarely gets out of the 30% to 40% range.

Look at the Republican leadership in both the House and Senate. Both have said that their top priority is to block the Democrats. If the roles were reversed, I am quite sure that the Democrats would do the same thing. So we have two political parties whose sole purpose is to destroy the opposition. If in process there happens to be any good legislation that benefits the country, then that's just icing on the cake, but that is not the goal.

Without a third party and independents to form coalitions the current pattern will continue.

As usual, you mistake your opinion as fact. I'm not wrong. That's a fact. An overwhelming victory would have been taking BOTH houses. The GOP did not. That is not an overwhelming success - no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

I agree - it was a big repudiation of Obama's policies, and that's great... but.... it still wasn't an overwhelming victory for the GOP.

Try, just once, to face facts. I know it's hard and scary but it's best to see the world as it is and not how you want it to be. We call it 'reality'.

Honey, I AM facing facts. This was a BIG sweep of the house and we picked up six seats and the Dems lost six in the Senate.

And those remaining in the Senate are going to be thinking about the future and not so willing to listen to Obama tell them "you've got me" when it comes to voting for his policies.

This was a big win. Heck, my entire state went from red to blue. Clean Sweep! If nothing else happened last night, I would be happy. But it wasn't all that happened last night.

This was a good night for conservatism. Was it as good a night for the GOP? I'm sure the RINO leadership doesn't think so, but I'm more concerned for the country and NOT the GOP.

This was a damn good start.

You think the Tea Party is quitting. Oh no baby! We have 2012 to look foward to. I can't wait!

:party::dance::happy-1:

Where did I say the TP's should quit? You fucking deluded little moron, I support the ideals of the T's... What I don't support is little bitches like you throwing your stupidity around like it's a gift to be shared. I don't support gloating, obnoxious behavior or whiny assed spinning.

It was a victory for the GOP. But the GOP should not take that as a victory for their 'same old shit, different day' attitude of old. Had it been an overwhelming victory, they would have BOTH the House and the Senate. And it was the TP's who stopped them achieving that. For which I am glad.

Excuse me, but you are a LIAR! And I can prove it!

Certainly, the majority of Americans want to see bipartisanship in order to achieve the best for the most of us.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2927819

Bi-partisanship? Really???? That's the agenda of the Tea Party? You are for the Tea Party? You speak for the Tea Party? You are freaking liar.

I don't know the facts only you do? Really? When you double talk depending on who you are talking to?

You don't see me talking like a liberal just because I'm talking to one. Who's the idiot? Or more importaintly, who talks out of both sides of their mouth?

We need to compromise with this?

finger.jpg

Who's the gloating obnoxious one? Yeah, it's that guy YOU WANT TO COMPROMISE WITH, er I mean, you want to see "bi-partisanship" with.

And then YOU LECTURE ME WITH YOUR TYPICAL SNOBBY ELITISM.

Honey your problem is YOU DON'T LIVE IN THE COUNTRY and I do. You have lost touch with the country and you can't stand it that I haven't.

Sarah Palin that you spewed your contempt for when you started on your little tirade against me, kicked ass last night and there isn't at thing you can do to spin otherwise!

So you keep on lecturing. I'll keep reminding you of your own words AND LAUGHING.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I seriously hope Republitards don't mistake these results as an endorsement of their policies and or what they claim to stand for, these election results are just the inverse of what happened in 2008, each party feeding feeding off voter anger and and voters being too damn stupid to realize that no matter who you put in office from either party the same problems are going to remain and exist and that this seesawing back and forth isn't the solution, its time for a third party. The problem with the Dems and Obama is that they said all the right things but were not aggressive enough in selling them to the people. The Republitards, regardless of how much fearmongering and misinformation they used have to be given credit for aggressively promoting it, but bottom line neither party is going to solve the problem of reducing poverty, improving schools, reducing crime rates, lowering unemployment and improving the economy. Its amazing how two billionaires, the Koch brothers, managed to drown out the best interests and voices of the masses who really need help, there's way more poor people than there are billionaires and yet the rich have won again. If the Dems want to regain some credibility they have to do more than just play the "we are the lesser of the two evils" card, they're going to have to really make more of an effort, the good thing is that the Teabaggers, with their uncompromising style and rhetoric, they will not make it past one term, they're going to learn the hard way that they're ging to have to compromise or be gone.
I believe most Americans are sick of the two party system. The Republicans just had a big victory, yet they have a ridiculous low approval rating. Both parties approval rating of job performance in congress rarely gets out of the 30% to 40% range.

Look at the Republican leadership in both the House and Senate. Both have said that their top priority is to block the Democrats. If the roles were reversed, I am quite sure that the Democrats would do the same thing. So we have two political parties whose sole purpose is to destroy the opposition. If in process there happens to be any good legislation that benefits the country, then that's just icing on the cake, but that is not the goal.

Without a third party and independents to form coalitions the current pattern will continue.

I agree, the reason why Americans are suffering is because of a civil war in the Senate and the House between two parties focused more on themselves and petty agendas and not the masses of people and its truly amazing how people flip flop between two parties who have been highly ineffective overall.

It's always amazing to me that people fault Obama for shoving stuff down their throat when he started off trying to work with conservatives. What happened? They felt like the were strong enough to stonewall healthcare...so they tried. Then... when he responded in kind (i.e. might makes right)...and was successful...you whine and complain.

There's a reason why things ultimately go to a vote. Because at some point you back what you think is right and vote for it. Biden schooled Cantor during the kabuki theater that was the televised healthcare discussion...explaining how so many parts of the bill started out at Republican and conservative. Instead Cantor decided to stonewall because he thought he had the numbers.

So yeah, the whining about the healthcare bill all could have been avoided.

And, let's face facts. Fixing the economy isn't as easy as you've made it out to be. "First, fix the economy"...you'd never have gotten a consensus/praise for Obama. Conservatives would have always fought him on how he did it and hated him for it.

So what did he do? While he had the mandate and the upswell, he tried to do what he thought was right. I think he was in a hard position...having to work while he had the popular opinion...and it was a calculated gamble that failed.

I'm hoping that the conservatives make good on all their promises. I want a balanced budget. I want our debt ceiling to actually go down. I want more efficiency. Let's see if you'll do it.

It's always amazing to me that people fault Obama for shoving stuff down their throat when he started off trying to work with conservatives.

The biggest amazment is that you think obama tried to work with the conservatives. The rest of your post though wel written is nothing but horse shit

I agree, the reason why Americans are suffering is because of a civil war in the Senate and the House between two parties focused more on themselves and petty agendas and not the masses of people and its truly amazing how people flip flop between two parties who have been highly ineffective overall.

what's so petty about the agendas which separate the left and right extremes with respect to how to handle the same situation? i think the vicissitude is overboard, and if it were up to me neither extremes of 08 nor tuesday would not have happened, but simplifying the process of turning millions of opinions into US policy is naive. what 500 people have you ever seen act in unison? were they determining policy in the greatest nation on the planet?

i think americans are suffering because there was a really bad recession.

With California a few moments away from collapsing,the people out there elected a governor who promised total funding of illegals to go to college,they send Barbara ( Please call me Senator ) Boxer back to Washington....They better not come hat in hand to the taxpayers for a bail out.

To think anything will change is just wishful thinking. What is missing today in Congress is coalitions where groups of democrats and republicans ban together to pass legislation. Today it's all group think. A congressman who thinks for himself and votes his conscience is a rarity and regarded as a danger to the party. Before any bill gets out of committee, it's in effect run through an ideology filter.

And while congress plays it's idealogical war games, the country sits in economic stagnation. Jobs continue to follow investments overseas building plants and product of tomorrow. If Congress wants to eliminate wasteful government, they should take a two vacation without pay. Nobody will miss them.

I don't think the GOP are stupid enough to see this as an overwhelming victory.... because it is not. It should send a message to both parties.... Neither has the full backing of the American people. We do not want to go left. We do not want to go right.

Unfortunately, re-electing some of the most corrupt bastards in Congress - such as Franks and Boxer - also sends a message that we don't require our politicians to be honest. That is disappointing to me.

There's Teabaggers that got elected who are determined not to work together to help the country, stop the partisan bickering.

You might wana watch how you use that word partisan.

I don't think the GOP are stupid enough to see this as an overwhelming victory.... because it is not. It should send a message to both parties.... Neither has the full backing of the American people. We do not want to go left. We do not want to go right.

Unfortunately, re-electing some of the most corrupt bastards in Congress - such as Franks and Boxer - also sends a message that we don't require our politicians to be honest. That is disappointing to me.

There's Teabaggers that got elected who are determined not to work together to help the country, stop the partisan bickering.

You might wana watch how you use that word partisan.

I'm not a partisan, I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican, I belong to *NO* party, but those uncooperative far right scum deserve that name.

I'm not a partisan, I'm not a Democrat nor a Republican, I belong to *NO* party, but those uncooperative far right scum deserve that name.

Thats right you belong heart a soul to obama.

No I am not, I have never totally endorsed Obama for anything.
Keep telling yourself that, you will be the only one that believes it.
Have you ever voted out of your party? I have many time. Even though I am a registered republican I do not and have never vote straight party line until this year.

Last edited:
Thats right you belong heart a soul to obama.

Have you ever voted out of your party? I have many time. Even though I am a registered republican I do not and have never vote straight party line until this year.

I used to be a Republican, though I never agreed with that party's principles as practiced by the politicians themselves, but for the last 10 years I have had no party affiliation because I believe neither party cares for poor people and with the wealth that this country has there should be no poor people in America and people should have access to affordable health care and good education, we waste too much supporting crap and countries that we could put to use at home, such as Israel, we should not be supporting that country with any money and fighting their wars by proxy, the money we wasted in the failed Iraq war could have went to the poor in our own country as well as to raises for our troops, not to rebuilding some Islamic fundamentalist country thats intent on being at war with itself. Last but not least some of that "bailout" money should have went straight to the pockets of the American people, not to those banks who wasted it.

I used to be a Republican, though I never agreed with that party's principles as practiced by the politicians themselves, but for the last 10 years I have had no party affiliation because I believe neither party cares for poor people and with the wealth that this country has there should be no poor people in America and people should have access to affordable health care and good education, we waste too much supporting crap and countries that we could put to use at home, such as Israel, we should not be supporting that country with any money and fighting their wars by proxy, the money we wasted in the failed Iraq war could have went to the poor in our own country as well as to raises for our troops, not to rebuilding some Islamic fundamentalist country thats intent on being at war with itself. Last but not least some of that "bailout" money should have went straight to the pockets of the American people, not to those banks who wasted it.

I will have to agree with you on one point
both partys do not care for the poor but the democrats care just enough to give things for votes Republicans care just enough to try to keep the economy going so people wil be self supporting. The rest is up to the poor to work and earn money.

I'm curious after Tuesday's election results. It is obvious that the Republicans (and those that voted that way in the last election) were all along saying that if the Democrats were in power that government spending would escalate and that the economy would suffer, but the Democrats felt that Obama and the Democratic congress would get us out of this mess. It is equally obvious that the Democratic candidates lost the support that they had 2 years ago. My question is this: If you supported the Democrats before and didn't in this past election, why? What was it, specifically, that you thought they should have done that wasn't done? Why did they lose your support? I am obviously not talking about broad statements like "fix the economy" because that is obviously not something that is accomplished overnight. What did they say, specifically, that you feel they did not deliver? How could they have retained your support?

I am not trying to make a point here, I am looking for feedback.

Forum List

Back