Looking at the election results my thoughts....

Pretty much. I keep saying his problem is that he keeps thinking like a legislator instead of the Executive. If he'd stood up and not allowed Reid & Pelosi to set the agenda we might have had something happen in the economy and have had something decent and actually workable come out of healthcare....in addition to other things shoved onto the back burner. Rahm and Biden aren't innocent in this either, but the buck stops where it stops for a reason.

I doubt the GOP will do any better though. Same money, same interests, same total focus on the next election instead of what's right....but it will be fun to watch the imminent 3-ring circus. :popcorn:

i think the congressional agenda was/is obama's agenda. he ran on the basis of the legislations he's shoved through, then aimed to shove them through the last couple of years. the issue that i have is similar to that which i feel bush demonstrated in going to war in iraq - perhaps a predetermined agenda - even after 9/11 and another commitment in afghanistan and some priorities to attend to there.

obama persisted in a predetermined agenda even after a financial 9/11 and a commitment to focus government resources on recovery and priorities related to jobs. i think the fiscal end of the deal was lousily handled and redundant to the fed's bailout agenda with respect to banks. with some pet-policies of my own which would serve an economic agenda, i think he could/should have focused his rhetoric on policy innovation in that vein. most of his rhetoric seems to be in support of the congressional agenda when it comes to actual policies. who cares about the si se puede/we dont need government cheerleading rhetoric from either side of the aisle. the government can and should change some of the way it works in order to benefit the shit economy at hand and arguably to repair policies which no longer support the economic prosperity they had in the past.

well, there's my obamarant at least.

I don't think the GOP are stupid enough to see this as an overwhelming victory.... because it is not. It should send a message to both parties.... Neither has the full backing of the American people. We do not want to go left. We do not want to go right.

Unfortunately, re-electing some of the most corrupt bastards in Congress - such as Franks and Boxer - also sends a message that we don't require our politicians to be honest. That is disappointing to me.

As usual you see it all wrong.

It was an overwhelming victory for the GOP AND the Tea Party. We didn't take the Senate. But we took enough that those Dems still left in the Senate are going to be looking over their shoulder at 2010 and thinking about 2012.

Remember all the Dems that changed parties after 94?

They aren't going to be so eager to go along with Obama, now that they are thinking about their own jobs.

It's going to be a volatile next two years, that is to be sure.

Was this an endorsement of the Republicans? No, it was not. It WAS an strong endorsement of conservatism and the Tea Party.

Without the Tea Party, the GOP would not have had the victory they had last night.

But just as much as it was not an endorsement of the GOP, it was a HUGE DENOUNCEMENT of Obama and his policies.

I'm telling you, over the next few days the spin will be that the Dems did better than they thought (even though for WEEKS both sides and the polls said the GOP would not take the Senate), they will say this proves the American people DO want Obama's policies.

I expect you to fall for it hook, line and sinker. The truth is this was a big repudiation of Obama's policies, and every Democrat knows it, despite what they may admit in public.

Pretty much. I keep saying his problem is that he keeps thinking like a legislator instead of the Executive. If he'd stood up and not allowed Reid & Pelosi to set the agenda we might have had something happen in the economy and have had something decent and actually workable come out of healthcare....in addition to other things shoved onto the back burner. Rahm and Biden aren't innocent in this either, but the buck stops where it stops for a reason.

I doubt the GOP will do any better though. Same money, same interests, same total focus on the next election instead of what's right....but it will be fun to watch the imminent 3-ring circus. :popcorn:

i think the congressional agenda was/is obama's agenda. he ran on the basis of the legislations he's shoved through, then aimed to shove them through the last couple of years. the issue that i have is similar to that which i feel bush demonstrated in going to war in iraq - perhaps a predetermined agenda - even after 9/11 and another commitment in afghanistan and some priorities to attend to there.

obama persisted in a predetermined agenda even after a financial 9/11 and a commitment to focus government resources on recovery and priorities related to jobs. i think the fiscal end of the deal was lousily handled and redundant to the fed's bailout agenda with respect to banks. with some pet-policies of my own which would serve an economic agenda, i think he could/should have focused his rhetoric on policy innovation in that vein. most of his rhetoric seems to be in support of the congressional agenda when it comes to actual policies. who cares about the si se puede/we dont need government cheerleading rhetoric from either side of the aisle. the government can and should change some of the way it works in order to benefit the shit economy at hand and arguably to repair policies which no longer support the economic prosperity they had in the past.

Honestly? I disagree with your assessment of Obama's initial agenda v. what we got. All politicians lie to some extent while campaigning, but Obama caved completely to Reid & Pelosi on this.

Look at where he was coming from and who he surrounded himself with at the heart of his circle. A junior Senator, used to taking instructions from the same leader he would now have to oppose, flanked on one side by a senior Senator so immersed in the institution there's no way he could grasp the changeover to the independent Executive and as his "gatekeeper" a House player who was a pro at taking his marching orders from the Speaker and whipping the rank and file.

If they could sell their abortion of a healthcare package who benefited from passing it in such a rush? The White House? Not hardly. Next year would have been most advantageous to Obama, as would a pitched battle with the loons on the extremes in both camps. Something he avoided at Rahm's insistence....Rahm, who answers to Pelosi.

I think to be fair to him he probably opened his eyes to a whole new world upon assuming the presidency as it relates to the economy, Iraq, Gitmo and Afghanistan among others....those situations are far more complicated than they appear on the surface and I'm sure there's a lot we don't know. But if addressing the hard stuff and standing up to all comers with a finger in the pie including his own party is beyond him, he's in the wrong office. The Executive should never be an imperial position like the last joker wanted it to be, but it can't be an extension of the Legislative either.

Or maybe I just need more coffee....who knows? :lol:

I'm sorry folks, if this is not a major victory what does one look like. The repubs took more than they did in 94. The only reason they didn't take the senate is only 1/3 of it was up for re-election. Democrats will side with republicans out of survival instinct at this point.

Note to democrats: when pissed about spending like drunken sailors don't outspend the shit out of them when you get back in.

I don't think the GOP are stupid enough to see this as an overwhelming victory.... because it is not. It should send a message to both parties.... Neither has the full backing of the American people. We do not want to go left. We do not want to go right.

Unfortunately, re-electing some of the most corrupt bastards in Congress - such as Franks and Boxer - also sends a message that we don't require our politicians to be honest. That is disappointing to me.

There's Teabaggers that got elected who are determined not to work together to help the country, stop the partisan bickering.

you should tell that to that asshole iin the wh. the demonRats rammed through health care, a stimulus, and finance reform and told the Republicans to sit in the back of the room. Now if you call that comprimise I call you stupid.

Are you hard of hearing and paying attention? Americans are fed up with both parties, its not just Democrats, they're not exactly gushing with confidence for Republitards either. Both parties need to quit their consistent chimping out over their own personal interests and work together for the good of the people, no one party is going to solve the problem and have all the answers.

The GOP also picked up a couple more 'token blacks' and a few Hispancis. It's gonna get pretty hard to keep callin' 'em racists if they keep that up. You're gonna need a new game.
Those tokens were voted in by whites not the minorities they claim to represent, they represent the interests of white people only.

Who do you think elected Obama?

White people. He represents whites - and blacks - and hispanics - and every other American.

As does anyone else who is elected. Stop obsessing about race. The country does not run by race - it runs as a country.

Honestly? I disagree with your assessment of Obama's initial agenda v. what we got. All politicians lie to some extent while campaigning, but Obama caved completely to Reid & Pelosi on this.

Look at where he was coming from and who he surrounded himself with at the heart of his circle. A junior Senator, used to taking instructions from the same leader he would now have to oppose, flanked on one side by a senior Senator so immersed in the institution there's no way he could grasp the changeover to the independent Executive and as his "gatekeeper" a House player who was a pro at taking his marching orders from the Speaker and whipping the rank and file.

If they could sell their abortion of a healthcare package who benefited from passing it in such a rush? The White House? Not hardly. Next year would have been most advantageous to Obama, as would a pitched battle with the loons on the extremes in both camps. Something he avoided at Rahm's insistence....Rahm, who answers to Pelosi.

I think to be fair to him he probably opened his eyes to a whole new world upon assuming the presidency as it relates to the economy, Iraq, Gitmo and Afghanistan among others....those situations are far more complicated than they appear on the surface and I'm sure there's a lot we don't know. But if addressing the hard stuff and standing up to all comers with a finger in the pie including his own party is beyond him, he's in the wrong office. The Executive should never be an imperial position like the last joker wanted it to be, but it can't be an extension of the Legislative either.

Or maybe I just need more coffee....who knows? :lol:

Exactly. Separate but equal branches.

There's Teabaggers that got elected who are determined not to work together to help the country, stop the partisan bickering.

Ain't it FUNNY, NOW they ALL of a Sudden want to work TOGETHER for the good of the country.
What? the Republicans don't have to get in the BACK any longer.:lol::eusa_hand:

Last edited:
I seriously hope Republitards don't mistake these results as an endorsement of their policies and or what they claim to stand for.
It's a rebuke of Obama and what the Democrat Party foisted on the entire U.S. Don't get made at "Republitards" just because Obama is a monumental fuck up.

The GOP also picked up a couple more 'token blacks' and a few Hispancis. It's gonna get pretty hard to keep callin' 'em racists if they keep that up. You're gonna need a new game.
Those tokens were voted in by whites not the minorities they claim to represent, they represent the interests of white people only.

White people. He represents whites - and blacks - and hispanics - and every other American.

As does anyone else who is elected. Stop obsessing about race. The country does not run by race - it runs as a country.

I disagree. Obama made it quite clear he represents his party only. He could give a shit about the rest of us.

It was an overwhelming victory for the GOP AND the Tea Party. We didn't take the Senate. But we took enough that those Dems still left in the Senate are going to be looking over their shoulder at 2010 and thinking about 2012.

They aren't going to be so eager to go along with Obama, now that they are thinking about their own jobs.

Was this an endorsement of the Republicans? No, it was not. It WAS an strong endorsement of conservatism and the Tea Party.

Without the Tea Party, the GOP would not have had the victory they had last night.

But just as much as it was not an endorsement of the GOP, it was a HUGE DENOUNCEMENT of Obama and his policies.

I'm telling you, over the next few days the spin will be that the Dems did better than they thought (even though for WEEKS both sides and the polls said the GOP would not take the Senate), they will say this proves the American people DO want Obama's policies.

I expect you to fall for it hook, line and sinker. The truth is this was a big repudiation of Obama's policies, and every Democrat knows it, despite what they may admit in public.

As usual, you mistake your opinion as fact. I'm not wrong. That's a fact. An overwhelming victory would have been taking BOTH houses. The GOP did not. That is not an overwhelming success - no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

I agree - it was a big repudiation of Obama's policies, and that's great... but.... it still wasn't an overwhelming victory for the GOP.

Try, just once, to face facts. I know it's hard and scary but it's best to see the world as it is and not how you want it to be. We call it 'reality'.

I disagree. Obama made it quite clear he represents his party only. He could give a shit about the rest of us.

I refer to the system, not Obama.

It's always amazing to me that people fault Obama for shoving stuff down their throat when he started off trying to work with conservatives. What happened? They felt like the were strong enough to stonewall healthcare...so they tried. Then... when he responded in kind (i.e. might makes right)...and was successful...you whine and complain.

There's a reason why things ultimately go to a vote. Because at some point you back what you think is right and vote for it. Biden schooled Cantor during the kabuki theater that was the televised healthcare discussion...explaining how so many parts of the bill started out at Republican and conservative. Instead Cantor decided to stonewall because he thought he had the numbers.

So yeah, the whining about the healthcare bill all could have been avoided.

And, let's face facts. Fixing the economy isn't as easy as you've made it out to be. "First, fix the economy"...you'd never have gotten a consensus/praise for Obama. Conservatives would have always fought him on how he did it and hated him for it.

So what did he do? While he had the mandate and the upswell, he tried to do what he thought was right. I think he was in a hard position...having to work while he had the popular opinion...and it was a calculated gamble that failed.

I'm hoping that the conservatives make good on all their promises. I want a balanced budget. I want our debt ceiling to actually go down. I want more efficiency. Let's see if you'll do it.

Seems to me that the election gives a chance for the President and Congress to hear what the electorate wants. If they fail to hear it, 2012 will be another wave changer.

To me the big story regarding the 'tea parties' is the local and state results, especially now that at least 37 states have GOP governors, just in time for drawing the reapportionment maps. These are the positions that groom the people that will be running 12-16 years from now.

For those on the 'right' a lesson in the O'Donnell results, Palin would be similar in results. Might say things that the far right thinks inspirational, but O'Donnell lost the Republicans, not the Independents.

I refer to the system, not Obama.

so obie wan failed the system. in every way.

As usual, you mistake your opinion as fact. I'm not wrong. That's a fact. An overwhelming victory would have been taking BOTH houses. The GOP did not. That is not an overwhelming success - no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise.

I agree - it was a big repudiation of Obama's policies, and that's great... but.... it still wasn't an overwhelming victory for the GOP.

Try, just once, to face facts. I know it's hard and scary but it's best to see the world as it is and not how you want it to be. We call it 'reality'.

Honey, I AM facing facts. This was a BIG sweep of the house and we picked up six seats and the Dems lost six in the Senate.

And those remaining in the Senate are going to be thinking about the future and not so willing to listen to Obama tell them "you've got me" when it comes to voting for his policies.

This was a big win. Heck, my entire state went from red to blue. Clean Sweep! If nothing else happened last night, I would be happy. But it wasn't all that happened last night.

This was a good night for conservatism. Was it as good a night for the GOP? I'm sure the RINO leadership doesn't think so, but I'm more concerned for the country and NOT the GOP.

This was a damn good start.

You think the Tea Party is quitting. Oh no baby! We have 2012 to look foward to. I can't wait!

:party::dance::happy-1:

Honey, I AM facing facts. This was a BIG sweep of the house and we picked up six seats and the Dems lost six in the Senate.

And those remaining in the Senate are going to be thinking about the future and not so willing to listen to Obama tell them "you've got me" when it comes to voting for his policies.

This was a big win. Heck, my entire state went from red to blue. Clean Sweep! If nothing else happened last night, I would be happy. But it wasn't all that happened last night.

This was a good night for conservatism. Was it as good a night for the GOP? I'm sure the RINO leadership doesn't think so, but I'm more concerned for the country and NOT the GOP.

This was a damn good start.

You think the Tea Party is quitting. Oh no baby! We have 2012 to look foward to. I can't wait!

:party::dance::happy-1:

Where did I say the TP's should quit? You fucking deluded little moron, I support the ideals of the T's... What I don't support is little bitches like you throwing your stupidity around like it's a gift to be shared. I don't support gloating, obnoxious behavior or whiny assed spinning.

It was a victory for the GOP. But the GOP should not take that as a victory for their 'same old shit, different day' attitude of old. Had it been an overwhelming victory, they would have BOTH the House and the Senate. And it was the TP's who stopped them achieving that. For which I am glad.

Boehner now has the toughest job in Washington | The Upshot Yahoo! News

It would be easy to cast President Obama and the Democrats as the big losers after Tuesday's election results. But there's a flip side to what happened on Election Day: Presumptive House Speaker John Boehner now has the toughest job in Washington.
That's because the epic wave of voter discontent enabling the GOP to regain majority control of the House and make serious inroads in the Senate wasn't an endorsement of Republican policies. Rather, Tuesday's votes were largely a referendum against Washington and the politics of the status quo. While the GOP benefited from widespread disillusion, voters remain just as unhappy with Republicans as they are with Democrats, telling exit-poll interviewers that they view both parties with almost equal disgust.

Seriously, if Republicans roll back things to the way they were before Obama took office what good is that going to do the country? This country need a third party, a party who's interests are for the poor, jobless and impoverished that are Americans are only in name but it terms of how they are treated, thats why I could never again be a Republican and belong to a party that demonizes the poor, impoverished and jobless as lazy people content to receive government money, I can't think of any sane person loving and wanting to live in conditions like the above yet this is what Republitards want people to believe. If they really want to know they would go to these people and listen to them.

A. Th fact that you constantly use the term "Republitard" speaks volumes as to your inability to move beyond childish, emotional responses and move in to the adult world.
B. Sorry... Obama was completely, overwhelmingly, absolutely rejected last night. End of story. The grand Marxist experiment is DEAD.

Forum List

Back