Lookin' For That Apology...

Apology?

Obama delivered what he said he would

1. Entering office in the midst of the worst recession in 70 years, Obama passed TARP and Stimulus bills that reversed a stock market collapse, ended a financial panic, added 3 million jobs to the economy, saved the banks and saved the auto industry.

2. Obama redirected the war on terror back to where it belonged...Afghanistan. He partnered with Pakistan to increase strikes against Taliban/AlQaida strongholds in northern Pakistan. He increased drone strikes to kill key terrorist leaders and drive them underground.

3. He passed the first comprehensive healthcare bill in 100 years of trying and ensured that 30 million Americans who had been ignored were able to obtain coverage

4. He negotiated a START treaty with the Russians to reduce worldwide weapons stockpiles and continue inspections

Empty suit??

Far from it

Apology?

Obama delivered what he said he would

1. Entering office in the midst of the worst recession in 70 years, Obama passed TARP and Stimulus bills that reversed a stock market collapse, ended a financial panic, added 3 million jobs to the economy, saved the banks and saved the auto industry.

2. Obama redirected the war on terror back to where it belonged...Afghanistan. He partnered with Pakistan to increase strikes against Taliban/AlQaida strongholds in northern Pakistan. He increased drone strikes to kill key terrorist leaders and drive them underground.

3. He passed the first comprehensive healthcare bill in 100 years of trying and ensured that 30 million Americans who had been ignored were able to obtain coverage

4. He negotiated a START treaty with the Russians to reduce worldwide weapons stockpiles and continue inspections

Empty suit??

Far from it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7vkWiFUOFg[/ame]

I can't decide which is more embarrassing, this man not understanding how a President behaves, or your post.

We know exactly who he is. He is the president not willing to let millions of Americans lose their unemployment benefits just before Christmas. Millions of American held hostage just so Republicans could give unneeded money to billionaires. Obama I respect. Ignorant and greedy Republicans? Not so much.

It's really a treat to see conservatives writhing in frustration because liberals like myself are not sticking to the script they wrote for us.
But you insist we stick to your script. :lol:

No. I am curious why all the professed deficit hawks on the right are supporting this 900 billion dollar budget buster.
That's just as interesting a question as why all the lefties who condemned Bush's deficit spending loved Obama's.

Madeline,

I didn't want McCain as the nominee in 08, but voted for him because it was a vote against the empty suit.

The biggest difference would have been that McCain would have worked on the economy straight up from the beginning instead of wasting 18 months on Health care. We would be way ahead of the game by now.

The Democrats passed a 300 billion dollar tax cut and 450 billion in spending to stimulate the economy in FEBRUARY OF 2009.

Now you can tell us what McCain would have done SOONER and DIFFERENTLY.

lol

In '08 I didn't know this MB or the echo chamber existed, hence, I owe no one an apology.
That said, I too am disappointed in Obama's performance, he is the one who needs to step up and press the agenda, even if the agenda is limited to preventing the reactionary forces of the right from moving us into the 19th century.
As a progressive I have no need to apologize. The New Right is anathema to nearly everything I believe in terms of law, labor and liberty as well as economic policy and the role of government in foreign and domestic policy.

and the tax cut put 40 dollars a month in our pockets the rest were a mish mash that lacked any real economic oomph. obama apparently realizes that now, maybe.

the other 400 billion ( and dude we both know they passed other 'mini' stimulus along the way) supposedly created 3 million jobs? uhm no the cbo says between 1.4 and 3.3...wow can we get a bigger fudge factor than that? So lets say 3 million, so at what cost per job did that buy us?

10 days ago the unemployment rate went to 9.8%.......

But you insist we stick to your script. :lol:

No. I am curious why all the professed deficit hawks on the right are supporting this 900 billion dollar budget buster.
That's just as interesting a question as why all the lefties who condemned Bush's deficit spending loved Obama's.

Your post is mentally retarded. You say all the lefties while talking to a lefty who is unequivocally opposed to this budget busting tax bill.

No one who supports this can call themselves a fiscal conservative. You can justify supporting in any way you want, but you are not a fiscal conservative if you support this.

Only a lefty would think that increasing taxes wouldn't have a damaging effect on the economy in 2011, when in reality the tax increase would result in lower tax receipts than under the current rate structure.

Last edited:
I despise Clinton to such a degree I can't even discuss her as POTUS with any rationality. As for McCain, exactly what do you think he would have done differently that would have significantly strengthened our economy or reduced unemployment?

Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?

What, exactly?

My own feeling is, no one could have had much positive impact. I did not realize, when I voted for him, just how bad the economy would be and for how long. I voted against McCain because of Palin -- and the one thing Obama could have delivered on despite this economy was social justice. This he has not done to my satisfaction, but still, better Obama than McCain on that score.

Are you now understanding the relationship between McCain's resistence to earmarks and the result of the exact opposite doctrines by the Democrats, and where that has led us?

He wouldn't have turned over the reins to Pelosi.

Did you see the same embarrassing behavior from this President tonight, when he told the press that Michelle was calling him so he had to run....with Clinton there to hold his hand.

Almost as embarrassing as the constant bows to every third world leader he could find....

"just how bad the economy would be and for how long."
OMG.
How do you know what the results would have been if the government has not thrown a trillion dollars at the problem???

Had that ever been tried?
Yes.
And it actually worked.

"Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?"

No, I don't know that...

"Republican and Democratic office holders show a similar presumption to dominate and fewer differences in tastes, habits, opinions, and sources of income among one another than between both and the rest of the country. They think, look, and act as a class.
Differences between Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas are of degree, not kind. "
The American Spectator : America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution

So, on the one hand we know we have a total screw-up, on the other a chance that a different plan would have been in effect.

How can you expect me to blame what didn't happen?

PC, I have no idea what this post of yours means.

Well, neither does she, so perhaps finally you two have found something you have in common.

Your post is mentally retarded. You say all the lefties while talking to a lefty who is unequivocally opposed to this budget busting tax bill.

No one who supports this can call themselves a fiscal conservative. You can justify supporting in any way you want, but you are not a fiscal conservative if you support this.

have you seen this-

the point starts at :40.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po7J0f5TMrQ[/ame]

Only a lefty would think that increasing taxes wouldn't have a damaging effect on the economy in 2011, when in reality the tax increase would result in lower tax receipts than under the current rate structure.

Clinton increased the top rate in 1993 and no such thing happened, so the only comparable example of this that we have in no way supports your assertion.

Why and how? Seems to be an opinion post (thought not original so maybe I should characterize it as an echo) and no evidence is provide to support the opinion.
How will raising taxes on the top earners harm the economy? Why is borrowing money to pay the wealthiest Americans a good idea? What jobs will 'coupon clippers' create?

Forum List

Back