Lookin' For That Apology...

Are you now understanding the relationship between McCain's resistence to earmarks and the result of the exact opposite doctrines by the Democrats, and where that has led us?

He wouldn't have turned over the reins to Pelosi.

Did you see the same embarrassing behavior from this President tonight, when he told the press that Michelle was calling him so he had to run....with Clinton there to hold his hand.

Almost as embarrassing as the constant bows to every third world leader he could find....

"just how bad the economy would be and for how long."
OMG.
How do you know what the results would have been if the government has not thrown a trillion dollars at the problem???

Had that ever been tried?
Yes.
And it actually worked.

"Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?"

No, I don't know that...

"Republican and Democratic office holders show a similar presumption to dominate and fewer differences in tastes, habits, opinions, and sources of income among one another than between both and the rest of the country. They think, look, and act as a class.
Differences between Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas are of degree, not kind. "
The American Spectator : America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution

So, on the one hand we know we have a total screw-up, on the other a chance that a different plan would have been in effect.

How can you expect me to blame what didn't happen?

PC, I have no idea what this post of yours means.

Well, neither does she, so perhaps finally you two have found something you have in common.

But, we have lots in common, Carby...the difference is that the right warned about this President, and WALLAH! it came to pass!

And the left chose to vote for him anyway...and now they have egg on their collective (pun intended) faces and have to bang their heads against the wall.

(Too many synecdoches?)

Only a lefty would think that increasing taxes wouldn't have a damaging effect on the economy in 2011, when in reality the tax increase would result in lower tax receipts than under the current rate structure.

Clinton increased the top rate in 1993 and no such thing happened, so the only comparable example of this that we have in no way supports your assertion.

In 1993, we did not have the ticking time bomb of debt to service (just watch what happens when interest rates rise); and U3 unemployment was below 7% - approximately 3 full points below the current level.

We also don't have a Y2K deadline to fuel tons of tech investment, nor the internet revolution on the horizon.

Last edited:
Notice how not a single right winger mentions "supply and demand"? The bedrock of capitalism. They think it's all about "rich" people. But it's not.

With an economy that was growing, money would be pouring in to the treasury, and with a little responsible management, the debt will take care of itself. Tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires are simply a mean joke played on the country by unimaginative and greedy people.

Apology?

Obama delivered what he said he would

1. Entering office in the midst of the worst recession in 70 years, Obama passed TARP and Stimulus bills that reversed a stock market collapse, ended a financial panic, added 3 million jobs to the economy, saved the banks and saved the auto industry.

2. Obama redirected the war on terror back to where it belonged...Afghanistan. He partnered with Pakistan to increase strikes against Taliban/AlQaida strongholds in northern Pakistan. He increased drone strikes to kill key terrorist leaders and drive them underground.

3. He passed the first comprehensive healthcare bill in 100 years of trying and ensured that 30 million Americans who had been ignored were able to obtain coverage

4. He negotiated a START treaty with the Russians to reduce worldwide weapons stockpiles and continue inspections

Empty suit??

Far from it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7vkWiFUOFg[/ame]

I can't decide which is more embarrassing, this man not understanding how a President behaves, or your post.

Nice dodge PC

Obama has already accomplished more in two years than Bush did in eight

Care to discuss??

The history of the top tax rate in this country does not bear out what the right claims about the top rate tax cuts.

They dont care Fox news told them so.

The question was about McCain, not Clinton you daft cow.

And Reagan raised the debt 190% according to the numbers you insist on using.

So you are retacting your comment as to how successful Clinton was in the use of PAYGO?

See, you are capable of learning!

No, ditz, going from a presidency that increases the debt 190% (Reagan) to a presidency that only increases the debt 30% (Clinton) would, apparently everywhere except Conservatopia,

be considered a major improvement.

Oh, and let's not neglect George Bush Sr. I don't think his numbers were particularly attractive either.

You are the best! Nobody makes my job easier!

Average Annual Spending Increases (excluding interest)
a. JFK 4.6%
b. LBJ 5.7%
c. Nixon 2.9%
d. Ford 2.7%
e. Carter 3.2%
f. Reagan 1.9%
g. BushI 2.0%
h. Clinton 1.9%
i. BushII 5.6%
Historical Tables | The White House

Here is the best part of your post: "I don't think ..."

Amen.

Last edited:
The tea party hasnt said one fucking word about the Debt the republicans want to see this country approve.

They were phoney bullshit right from the start.

Rand Paul has come out against the compromises in the bill. He's against the UE extension and the estate tax,

NOT against busting the budget by extending all the taxes.

Rand Paul: I’m leaning against the tax compromise Cubachi

Apparently there never was any genuine fiscal hawkery in the Tea Party leadership, I'm not sure how that rumor got started.

Notice how not a single right winger mentions "supply and demand"? The bedrock of capitalism. They think it's all about "rich" people. But it's not.

With an economy that was growing, money would be pouring in to the treasury, and with a little responsible management, the debt will take care of itself. Tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires are simply a mean joke played on the country by unimaginative and greedy people.

You don't grok real supply and demand. Consumers' ability to spend is a function of investment and growth which creates paying jobs.

Taking money away from one person to give to another to spend doesn't lead to growth. It's just a shell game.

So you are retacting your comment as to how successful Clinton was in the use of PAYGO?

See, you are capable of learning!

No, ditz, going from a presidency that increases the debt 190% (Reagan) to a presidency that only increases the debt 30% (Clinton) would, apparently everywhere except Conservatopia,

be considered a major improvement.

Oh, and let's not neglect George Bush Sr. I don't think his numbers were particularly attractive either.

Average Annual Spending Increases (excluding interest)
a. JFK 4.6%
b. LBJ 5.7%
c. Nixon 2.9%
d. Ford 2.7%
e. Carter 3.2%
f. Reagan 1.9%
g. BushI 2.0%
h. Clinton 1.9%
i. BushII 5.6%
Historical Tables | The White House

I thought we were talking about percent increases in the debt.

Apology?

Obama delivered what he said he would

1. Entering office in the midst of the worst recession in 70 years, Obama passed TARP and Stimulus bills that reversed a stock market collapse, ended a financial panic, added 3 million jobs to the economy, saved the banks and saved the auto industry.

2. Obama redirected the war on terror back to where it belonged...Afghanistan. He partnered with Pakistan to increase strikes against Taliban/AlQaida strongholds in northern Pakistan. He increased drone strikes to kill key terrorist leaders and drive them underground.

3. He passed the first comprehensive healthcare bill in 100 years of trying and ensured that 30 million Americans who had been ignored were able to obtain coverage

4. He negotiated a START treaty with the Russians to reduce worldwide weapons stockpiles and continue inspections

Empty suit??

Far from it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7vkWiFUOFg[/ame]

I can't decide which is more embarrassing, this man not understanding how a President behaves, or your post.

Nice dodge PC

Care to discuss??

No, Wingy...

what I want to do is sit on the sidelines and bask in the glory of having identified this empty suit years before you guys did!

...and watch you lefties assemble the circular firing squad!!!

Don't let me stop you: carry on!

It's really a treat to see conservatives writhing in frustration because liberals like myself are not sticking to the script they wrote for us.
But you insist we stick to your script. :lol:

No. I am curious why all the professed deficit hawks on the right are supporting this 900 billion dollar budget buster.

Ya' know, pretty soon, folks are gonna think I pay you to feed me these soft balls...

1. As President Warren Harding's secretary of the treasury, Andrew Mellon, a Pittsburgh multimillionaire, molded the relationship between government and business during the 1920s, a relationship that influenced politics throughout the decade. Committed to retrenchment and economy in government, Secretary of the Treasury Mellon reduced federal spending vigorously. He consistently opposed the veterans' bonus bill and the McNary-Haugen farm bills.

But even more central to Mellon's financial vision than spending reduction was tax reduction, especially for the rich. Mellon rejected the progressive philosophy of taxation that insisted those Americans most able to pay should pay more taxes. Instead the he articulated a philosophy later known as "trickle-down economics."

Taxing the rich, Mellon argued, inhibited their investment ability, thus impeding job growth and the entire economy. Without a heavy tax burden, the wealthy would invest, create jobs, and ultimately all participants in the economy would become beneficiaries of investors' tax-free profits as prosperity filtered down to workers and farmers, Mellon argued. Republicans eagerly returned America to a peacetime budget, dramatically reducing government spending that had grown substantially during World War I. Congress did, however, approve substantial tax cuts in 1921. This was the first of many tax reductions enacted during the decade at Mellon's instigation, as he was reappointed secretary of the treasury during both Coolidge's and Hoover's administrations. http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3468300843.html

But good libs love to pay taxes, right? Wrong.
a. Oprah only lives in her Ca. mansion for the requisite number of days so that she doesn’t have to pay Ca. resident taxes.
b. U2 moved their company hq to Netherlands when Ireland raised income tax
c. Michael Moore got a tax credit from Michigan for filming in that state
d. Senator Kerry moved his new yacht to a state with lower taxes.

Well, donchaknow...taxes are for the little people.

It's why Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and now The Zuckerberg have all pledged to donate massive quantities of their wealth to private charities. They think they can spend their wealth better than the government will, but that the rest of us are to incompetent to do so.

These people voted for Nero because he played a mean fiddle and are asking for encores.

Although Minnesota has frozen over, Hell still remains above freezing. Therefore, no apologies forthcoming for something the left believes it did correctly.

Insanity I know, but they are finally seeing their goals of this nation's destruction accomplished. They're not about to stop or apologize now.

This is a terrible video, so who cares? Whoever made it blames everybody else for everything, the same attitude held by many conservatives today. He blames everything on these two journalists, are you kidding, and you think this video is credible as actually having a point? This thread sucks. Based on a video that means nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7vkWiFUOFg

Nice dodge PC

Care to discuss??

No, Wingy...

what I want to do is sit on the sidelines and bask in the glory of having identified this empty suit years before you guys did!

Unfortunately the "empty suit" is your analogy

Obama has accomplished more in his first two years than any president in recent memory. I have listed his major accomplishments......very impressive

History will rank Obama as a top 10 president after his second term is over

I can't wait until the NewGOPers do destroy what is left of our country just so they can say they crushed Obama. With two million new desperate Americans on the streets with nothing to lose perhaps a few of them will go to the homes of those NeGOPer representatives that are responsible and make thier apologies known in the form of big fires and slit throats.

Nice dodge PC

Care to discuss??

No, Wingy...

Unfortunately the "empty suit" is your analogy

Obama has accomplished more in his first two years than any president in recent memory. I have listed his major accomplishments......very impressive

History will rank Obama as a top 10 president after his second term is over

It must be comforting to you to have such a healthy fantasy life as a compensation for the utter disaster of your reality.

Last edited:
These people voted for Nero because he played a mean fiddle and are asking for encores.

Although Minnesota has frozen over, Hell still remains above freezing. Therefore, no apologies forthcoming for something the left believes it did correctly.

Insanity I know, but they are finally seeing their goals of this nation's destruction accomplished. They're not about to stop or apologize now.

For they damned well are Hell-Bent on completing their destruction of this Republic even though they are outnumbered.

Forum List

Back