Lookin' For That Apology...

Part of this mess is the fault of the DEMs for retaining those two losers Pelosi and Reid.

I think Obama would have disappointed no matter what. Bush was so bad, that the expectations were not realistic. That falls on Obama to a degree since his platform was basically "I am not George Bush!".

However, on the whole, the trains are still running.

This is shaping up to be Clinton 1994 all over again and look how that turned out.

Clinton 1994 was a wake up call for the Dems and they listened. I hope something similar happens, I can't stand the thought of another 2 years of the same failed Bush policies with a veneer of Pelosi and Reid. I fear it's just going to be more petty fauxrage and hyperventilating over meaningless twaddle while the country goes absolutely nowhere.

We need to squash collective thinking. State Corporatism, State Capitalism is not the solution.

Absolutely true!:clap2::clap2:

In some ways, you have to kinda feel sorry for Obama.

Here was a junior senator with zero experience who was propped up by dem's and the Soro's machine after making his speech at the DNC.......They looked at him and said, "Damn, he sounds just like Martin Luther King". (of course, MLK could speak amazingly without a teleprompter), But still, the dem's and Soro's saw someone who could speak far better than anybody they were considering pushing.....They knew they could USE him to mezmerize the ignorant, and USE him to try and advance their ridiculous agenda.

That agenda, along with Obama has miserably failed. Obama was not presidential material, as we have clearly seen. The man never led anything in his life. He was set up by his own party in a desperate attemp to advance their agenda. They failed, and now Obama's legacy will forever be that failure.

In a way, I do feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a bad person. I think he was USED by the progressive machine. I think he's more of a follower than a leader. He followed along with what the machine was telling him.

Just look at what happened today. He had to pull Clinton out of bed and prop him up to try and do some serious convincing......A true leader does not have to bring a former leader in to do his talking for him.

Unfortunately, the american people are now paying a very heavy price. Our future generation is going to pay a heavy price. Obama's legacy is going to pay a heavy price.

In some ways, I have to agree with you, but I thing you are giving him too much of a defense in "...I don't think he's a bad person. I think he was USED by the progressive machine."

He was raised in this philosophy, and willlingly assumed same...
if anything, he is an example of the the saying "within each of us are the seeds of our own destruction."

Inompetent, yes, and over-confident, but it is those who put him in office who are to blame...

Julius Caesar, act III, scene ii:

O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason….

Yep. And Obama has disappointed because he's just kept the majority of the Bush policies, followed Reid and Pelosi on the rest, and the result is hew hasn't done jack shit with it.

McCain would have driven it straight off a cliff, but the scenic route to the same destination isn't what most Obama supporters bargained for.

I agree with Carbineer on the gutless part. Elect a man to lead and he follows....not cool.

Part of this mess is the fault of the DEMs for retaining those two losers Pelosi and Reid.

I think Obama would have disappointed no matter what. Bush was so bad, that the expectations were not realistic. That falls on Obama to a degree since his platform was basically "I am not George Bush!".

However, on the whole, the trains are still running.

This is shaping up to be Clinton 1994 all over again and look how that turned out.

Clinton 1994 was a wake up call for the Dems and they listened. I hope something similar happens, I can't stand the thought of another 2 years of the same failed Bush policies with a veneer of Pelosi and Reid. I fear it's just going to be more petty fauxrage and hyperventilating over meaningless twaddle while the country goes absolutely nowhere.

Veneer. Good word.

Here was a junior senator with zero experience who was propped up by dem's and the Soro's machine after making his speech at the DNC.......They looked at him and said, "Damn, he sounds just like Martin Luther King (of course, MLK could speak amazingly without a teleprompter), But still, the dem's and Soro's saw someone who could speak far better than anybody they were considering pushing.....They knew they could USE him to mezmerize the ignorant, and USE him to try and advance their ridiculous agenda.

That agenda, along with Obama has miserably failed. Obama was not presidential material, as we have clearly seen. The man never led anything in his life. He was set up by his own party in a desperate attemp to advance their agenda. They failed, and now Obama's legacy will forever be that failure.

In a way, I do feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a bad person. I think he was USED by the progressive machine. I think he's more of a follower than a leader. He followed along with what the machine was telling him.

Just look at what happened today. He had to pull Clinton out of bed and prop him up to try and do some serious convincing......A true leader does not have to bring a former leader in to do his talking for him.

Unfortunately, the american people are now paying a very heavy price. Our future generation is going to pay a heavy price. Obama's legacy is going to pay a heavy price.

He had no fucking idea what he was buying into.
You're right. I think he was fully hoodwinked by his party. I think they spoonfed fed him with this aura that there was future greatness, but they would be the one pulling the strings......Just look at who was stuffed into his administration. Extreme Soros lackeys.

Seriously, watching that press conference today with he and Clinton, the man looks lost. He looks tired. He looks defeated......And it had to be embarassing for him to bring a former president out to plead his case in his place......Don't be surprised if he comes out in the next 6 months and announces he won't seek re-election.

Way back when, before the election of '08, what were those of us on the right telling you guys?

We told you that the press wasn't vetting this articulate senator...

we told you you were unaware of his politics, that you were pickin,' with due respect to the President, 'a pig in a poke'...

we even suggested the dire possibilities...

did you listen? Nooooooooooo!

Then, finally, after the election, Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw admit they don't know who he is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMas1bVidw

Now, the Democratic Party itself is saying the same things"

"But many other Democrats, including Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), a member of the defense appropriations subcommittee, said they didn’t even know the provision was included.

Moran’s anger with the president boiled over in a short interview Thursday with The Hill about the provision and the tax debate held shortly after the Democratic Caucus voted to reject Obama’s tax-cut deal.

“This is a lack of leadership on the part of Obama,” fumed Moran (D-Va.) “I don’t know where the f*** Obama is on this or anything else. They’re AWOL.”

Dems show signs of abandoning Obama elsewhere after frustration with tax deal - TheHill.com

Would we have been better off had we elected McCain, PC?

Here was a junior senator with zero experience who was propped up by dem's and the Soro's machine after making his speech at the DNC.......They looked at him and said, "Damn, he sounds just like Martin Luther King". (of course, MLK could speak amazingly without a teleprompter), But still, the dem's and Soro's saw someone who could speak far better than anybody they were considering pushing.....They knew they could USE him to mezmerize the ignorant, and USE him to try and advance their ridiculous agenda.

In some ways, I have to agree with you, but I thing you are giving him too much of a defense in "...I don't think he's a bad person. I think he was USED by the progressive machine."

if anything, he is an example of the the saying "within each of us are the seeds of our own destruction."

Inompetent, yes, and over-confident, but it is those who put him in office who are to blame...

I'm not saying i'm agreeing with any of his leanings at all. But, when you look at his life story, it's obvious that he was spoonfed that anti-american progressive crap from a very early age. Like I said, he's a follower, not a leader. I believe that these progressive loons in the dem party and the Soros machine recognized it, and took advantage of it.

And yes, you're right, those who voted him into office are also to blame.......As I said, the machine used his ability to speak, to mesmerize the ignorant.

And, I truly don't think he's a bad person.....I truly think he's been manipulated and molded his entire life. That's why I actually feel a lil' sorry for him.

Last edited:
Way back when, before the election of '08, what were those of us on the right telling you guys?

we told you you were unaware of his politics, that you were pickin,' with due respect to the President, 'a pig in a poke'...

Then, finally, after the election, Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw admit they don't know who he is....

"But many other Democrats, including Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), a member of the defense appropriations subcommittee, said they didn’t even know the provision was included.

Moran’s anger with the president boiled over in a short interview Thursday with The Hill about the provision and the tax debate held shortly after the Democratic Caucus voted to reject Obama’s tax-cut deal.

“This is a lack of leadership on the part of Obama,” fumed Moran (D-Va.) “I don’t know where the f*** Obama is on this or anything else. They’re AWOL.”

Dems show signs of abandoning Obama elsewhere after frustration with tax deal - TheHill.com

What a ridiculous question....

Do you not know McCain's long-standing position on ear marks and pork???

"Sen. John McCain has been a crusader against so-called earmarks and says his opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, has asked for almost $1 billion in pork-barrel projects for his state in just less than four years in the Senate.

"Nearly a million dollars for every day that he's been in office! And that's change? My friends, don't be fooled," McCain said September 9."

Fact Check: McCain earmark claims examined - CNN

ThinkProgress claims they found two cases where he asked for pork,...but are you contendindg that he would have given us the unprecedented deficits that we see under this administration???

On that note, today,
"November federal budget deficit highest on record"
November federal budget deficit highest on record - BusinessWeek

Still want to ask that question?

I put Obama wherever the gutless weasels who won't fight for what they pretend to believe in go.

I can only take that as a refusal to answer, which is disappointing NYC, you made a remark as to what he wasn't, yet won't delineate in your opinion what he is or how you see him ....why?

He is gutless. He has drunk the koolaid of the GOP tax cut and spend death spiral suiciders.

oooookaaayyy..feel better now;)

so on the number line, where would you put him?

Which McCain? :lol:

I still dun get it. Yes, I am disappointed in Obama. But would McCain have been the better choice? Would we have lower unemployment, a stronger economy, etc. had he taken office?

I'm just not seeing that.

oh snap!!!!

and......in context-

"the fault dear Brutus, lies not in our stars, but in ourselves...."

memory, have no idea the act , scene....sorry.

Last edited:

Which McCain? :lol:

well played..

and the answer is no and I didn't vote for him either.

When did earmarks become a central issue, PC?

Are you actually pretending that you don't understand the connection between deficits, that lead to debt, and how pork and earmarks are what increases deficits???

Well, then, here's a primer for you:

1. PAYGO: how to look responsible…The idea was to track all new entitlement spending and tax legislation, and, if these are not deficit-neutral by years end, automatic spending cuts would kick in. “Congress passed the Budgetary Enforcement Act (BEA) of 1990, which specified two new deficit reduction mechanisms: pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) rules and statutory discretionary spending caps.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. Nancy Pelosi: “When I became Speaker of the House, the very first day we passed legislation that made PAYGO the rule of the House. Today we will make it the law of the land.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Speeches

b. “I Believe In PAYGO. If I Start A New Program I Will Pay For It.” (Sen. Obama, Remarks, New York City, NY, 3/27/08)

c. First, politicians exempted major categories of mandatory spending, including Social Security. Cuts in Medicare were limited to 4% Mercatus, Op. Cit.

d. “It was never enforced. Over those 12 years, Congress enacted $700 billion in non-offset entitlement expansions and tax cuts, and then cancelled every single sequestration that would have enforced the law. Congress typically waited until the final spending bill of the year, and then simply added a paragraph mandating that PAYGO not be enforced against any past bills.” PAYGO is an Unworkable Gimmick | The Heritage Foundation

2.Congress can avoid PAYGO simply by declaring that legislation is too important to worry about the deficit, then they issue a waiver. During the 110th Congress, they dodged PAYGO to the tune of over $400 billion, including the Auto Bailout, Unemployment Extension, two Alternative Minimum Tax patches, Farm Bill, S-CHIP, several Stimulus Bills, and a dozen other.

3. By designating legislation “emergency,” the legislation can avoid many of the normal budget rules, and, instead, enter the “supplemental appropriations process.” Realize, the process is designed for events like wars and natural disasters…but “each year over the last tw-and-a-half decades, Congress and the President have enacted between one and eight supplemental bills, rnging form $1.3 billion in FY 1988 to $120 billion in FY 2007.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. And, of course, pork projects always get added. “For instance, the War Supplemental Appropriations Act (2003) appropriated $348 million
for 29 projects unrelated to the war, such as $110 million for the National Animal
Disease Center in Ames, Iowa. The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for
Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief (2005) contained $1.13 billion
for projects that had nothing to do with defense or tsunami relief, including $55 million
for wastewater treatment in De Soto County, Mississippi and $25 million for the For Peck Fish Hatchery in Montana.” Ibid.

So, let's summarize.

Neither Senator McCain nor Sec'y Clinton would have allowed the flow of red ink that we are drowning in today.

so on the number line, the zero being as close to indy center as possible, 1 being slight 4 certain right or left and 8 being far left or right, where do you put obama?

I put Obama wherever the gutless weasels who won't fight for what they pretend to believe in go.

Am I allowed just a wee bit of schadenfreude here???

I'll repent tomorrow- I promise.

Of course you are. Just stop pretending that anyone on the right predicted that Barack Obama would be fighting to pass GOP legislation 2 years into his term. The right predicted the opposite.

Y'all were wronger than we were.

Are you actually pretending that you don't understand the connection between deficits, that lead to debt, and how pork and earmarks are what increases deficits???

1. PAYGO: how to look responsible…The idea was to track all new entitlement spending and tax legislation, and, if these are not deficit-neutral by years end, automatic spending cuts would kick in. “Congress passed the Budgetary Enforcement Act (BEA) of 1990, which specified two new deficit reduction mechanisms: pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) rules and statutory discretionary spending caps.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. Nancy Pelosi: “When I became Speaker of the House, the very first day we passed legislation that made PAYGO the rule of the House. Today we will make it the law of the land.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Speeches

b. “I Believe In PAYGO. If I Start A New Program I Will Pay For It.” (Sen. Obama, Remarks, New York City, NY, 3/27/08)

c. First, politicians exempted major categories of mandatory spending, including Social Security. Cuts in Medicare were limited to 4% Mercatus, Op. Cit.

d. “It was never enforced. Over those 12 years, Congress enacted $700 billion in non-offset entitlement expansions and tax cuts, and then cancelled every single sequestration that would have enforced the law. Congress typically waited until the final spending bill of the year, and then simply added a paragraph mandating that PAYGO not be enforced against any past bills.” PAYGO is an Unworkable Gimmick | The Heritage Foundation

2.Congress can avoid PAYGO simply by declaring that legislation is too important to worry about the deficit, then they issue a waiver. During the 110th Congress, they dodged PAYGO to the tune of over $400 billion, including the Auto Bailout, Unemployment Extension, two Alternative Minimum Tax patches, Farm Bill, S-CHIP, several Stimulus Bills, and a dozen other.

3. By designating legislation “emergency,” the legislation can avoid many of the normal budget rules, and, instead, enter the “supplemental appropriations process.” Realize, the process is designed for events like wars and natural disasters…but “each year over the last tw-and-a-half decades, Congress and the President have enacted between one and eight supplemental bills, rnging form $1.3 billion in FY 1988 to $120 billion in FY 2007.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. And, of course, pork projects always get added. “For instance, the War Supplemental Appropriations Act (2003) appropriated $348 million
for 29 projects unrelated to the war, such as $110 million for the National Animal
Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief (2005) contained $1.13 billion
for projects that had nothing to do with defense or tsunami relief, including $55 million
for wastewater treatment in De Soto County, Mississippi and $25 million for the For Peck Fish Hatchery in Montana.” Ibid.

So, let's summarize.

Neither Senator McCain nor Sec'y Clinton would have allowed the flow of red ink that we are drowning in today.

We had a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton, no PAYGO under Bush, and a half-assed PAYGO now.

I don't recall how Bush initiatives John McCain opposed on the grounds they were fiscally irresponsible, but I'm sure you can enlighten,

via your vault of expertise on the real McCain (who, let's not forget, the RIGHT despised in 2008).

I really doubt that the left will take the time to watch and listen to that video between the two. But, it does speak volumes about today's journalism and the lack of vetting with Barry. Yet, all those evil talk show hosts like Rush and Hannity that did bring it up were scourned by the left.
He who laughs last, laughs best. :lol:

But...but...they are so prescient!

Why...almost omniscient!

I remember how dumb they told us we were, how the Repub party was dead!

And they were so very good, why they even gave the us advice on how to become relevant again...(sigh)...they were so very smart, and so kind and empathetic...what would we have done without them?

I'm sure they didn't mean those posts, with 'retard' as the default term?

So they made that itsy, bitsy mistake in judgment...

I just know we'll be hearing the heart-felt apology really, really soon.
baghdadbobliberalscopy.jpg

So now the right are quoting Tom Brokejaw and Charlie Rose???

the right should be tickled pink they got a 3rd Bush term.

btw I watch at least half of the Charlie Rose shows.

So, let's summarize.

We had a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton, no PAYGO under Bush, and a half-assed PAYGO now.

I don't recall how Bush initiatives John McCain opposed on the grounds they were fiscally irresponsible, but I'm sure you can enlighten,

via your vault of expertise on the real McCain (who, let's not forget, the RIGHT despised in 2008).

Are you still up???

I thought we put you in your crib already!

Now, see, look you know how cranky you're going to be tomorrow!

Forum List

Back