Lookin' For That Apology...

When did earmarks become a central issue, PC?

Are you actually pretending that you don't understand the connection between deficits, that lead to debt, and how pork and earmarks are what increases deficits???

Well, then, here's a primer for you:

1. PAYGO: how to look responsible…The idea was to track all new entitlement spending and tax legislation, and, if these are not deficit-neutral by years end, automatic spending cuts would kick in. “Congress passed the Budgetary Enforcement Act (BEA) of 1990, which specified two new deficit reduction mechanisms: pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) rules and statutory discretionary spending caps.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. Nancy Pelosi: “When I became Speaker of the House, the very first day we passed legislation that made PAYGO the rule of the House. Today we will make it the law of the land.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Speeches

b. “I Believe In PAYGO. If I Start A New Program I Will Pay For It.” (Sen. Obama, Remarks, New York City, NY, 3/27/08)

c. First, politicians exempted major categories of mandatory spending, including Social Security. Cuts in Medicare were limited to 4% Mercatus, Op. Cit.

d. “It was never enforced. Over those 12 years, Congress enacted $700 billion in non-offset entitlement expansions and tax cuts, and then cancelled every single sequestration that would have enforced the law. Congress typically waited until the final spending bill of the year, and then simply added a paragraph mandating that PAYGO not be enforced against any past bills.” PAYGO is an Unworkable Gimmick | The Heritage Foundation

2.Congress can avoid PAYGO simply by declaring that legislation is too important to worry about the deficit, then they issue a waiver. During the 110th Congress, they dodged PAYGO to the tune of over $400 billion, including the Auto Bailout, Unemployment Extension, two Alternative Minimum Tax patches, Farm Bill, S-CHIP, several Stimulus Bills, and a dozen other.

3. By designating legislation “emergency,” the legislation can avoid many of the normal budget rules, and, instead, enter the “supplemental appropriations process.” Realize, the process is designed for events like wars and natural disasters…but “each year over the last tw-and-a-half decades, Congress and the President have enacted between one and eight supplemental bills, rnging form $1.3 billion in FY 1988 to $120 billion in FY 2007.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. And, of course, pork projects always get added. “For instance, the War Supplemental Appropriations Act (2003) appropriated $348 million
for 29 projects unrelated to the war, such as $110 million for the National Animal
Disease Center in Ames, Iowa. The Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act for
Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief (2005) contained $1.13 billion
for projects that had nothing to do with defense or tsunami relief, including $55 million
for wastewater treatment in De Soto County, Mississippi and $25 million for the For Peck Fish Hatchery in Montana.” Ibid.

So, let's summarize.

Neither Senator McCain nor Sec'y Clinton would have allowed the flow of red ink that we are drowning in today.

I despise Clinton to such a degree I can't even discuss her as POTUS with any rationality. As for McCain, exactly what do you think he would have done differently that would have significantly strengthened our economy or reduced unemployment?

Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?

What, exactly?

My own feeling is, no one could have had much positive impact. I did not realize, when I voted for him, just how bad the economy would be and for how long. I voted against McCain because of Palin -- and the one thing Obama could have delivered on despite this economy was social justice. This he has not done to my satisfaction, but still, better Obama than McCain on that score.

This is almost as funny as back when people on the left were demanding apologies from the right for putting Bush in office.

Yeah, I am going to apologize to you assholes for my vote. I'd vote for Obama again today.

Wankers.

By the way, you guys might have a stronger case if you didn't run a Bush Administration bootlicker who subsequently picked a train wreck for a running mate.
Remember this blast from the past? A bunch of total weenies apologizing to the entire world. :lol:

I put Obama wherever the gutless weasels who won't fight for what they pretend to believe in go.

Am I allowed just a wee bit of schadenfreude here???

I'll repent tomorrow- I promise.

I say "enjoy" the left's misfortune for all it is worth.

We know and they know that in less then 2 years they will be "crying" out for his support. They may have to hold their nose when they vote for him but they will vote for him.

No matter how incompetent Papa Obama is....
The left has painted themselves into a corner with their "racial politics" and they are stuck with this loser- no matter what

They can't afford to alienate their black supporters by trying to drop Obama from the ticket
colkilgoreavcopyty6.jpg

Lookin' For That Apology...

If I were you I would forward that request to the administrators of all of the schools you have attended PC. You are just too stupid to understand how much worse things could be. I don't know if Obama has done the BEST job possible but I thank our lucky stars every day that McCain wasn't elected. Can you imagine If crash and burn Johnnie had been elected THEN found out how fucked we were... He'd have had a stroke and AND THEN we would be blessed with the winky blinky retard beaty queen as our leader. I suppose you think John or Sarah would have everything fixed by now eh?
"President of the United States Joseph Biden".

That's why I thank God for Obama's continued good health.

Am I allowed just a wee bit of schadenfreude here???

I'll repent tomorrow- I promise.

We know and they know that in less then 2 years they will be "crying" out for his support. They may have to hold their nose when they vote for him but they will vote for him.

The left has painted themselves into a corner with their "racial politics" and they are stuck with this loser- no matter what

They can't afford to alienate their black supporters by trying to drop Obama from the ticket
colkilgoreavcopyty6.jpg

How about a Chuck Norris or John Wayne pic and quote as well?

Are you actually pretending that you don't understand the connection between deficits, that lead to debt, and how pork and earmarks are what increases deficits???

1. PAYGO: how to look responsible…The idea was to track all new entitlement spending and tax legislation, and, if these are not deficit-neutral by years end, automatic spending cuts would kick in. “Congress passed the Budgetary Enforcement Act (BEA) of 1990, which specified two new deficit reduction mechanisms: pay-as-you-go (PAYGO) rules and statutory discretionary spending caps.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. Nancy Pelosi: “When I became Speaker of the House, the very first day we passed legislation that made PAYGO the rule of the House. Today we will make it the law of the land.” Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Speeches

b. “I Believe In PAYGO. If I Start A New Program I Will Pay For It.” (Sen. Obama, Remarks, New York City, NY, 3/27/08)

c. First, politicians exempted major categories of mandatory spending, including Social Security. Cuts in Medicare were limited to 4% Mercatus, Op. Cit.

d. “It was never enforced. Over those 12 years, Congress enacted $700 billion in non-offset entitlement expansions and tax cuts, and then cancelled every single sequestration that would have enforced the law. Congress typically waited until the final spending bill of the year, and then simply added a paragraph mandating that PAYGO not be enforced against any past bills.” PAYGO is an Unworkable Gimmick | The Heritage Foundation

2.Congress can avoid PAYGO simply by declaring that legislation is too important to worry about the deficit, then they issue a waiver. During the 110th Congress, they dodged PAYGO to the tune of over $400 billion, including the Auto Bailout, Unemployment Extension, two Alternative Minimum Tax patches, Farm Bill, S-CHIP, several Stimulus Bills, and a dozen other.

3. By designating legislation “emergency,” the legislation can avoid many of the normal budget rules, and, instead, enter the “supplemental appropriations process.” Realize, the process is designed for events like wars and natural disasters…but “each year over the last tw-and-a-half decades, Congress and the President have enacted between one and eight supplemental bills, rnging form $1.3 billion in FY 1988 to $120 billion in FY 2007.” http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/publication/Budget_Gimmick_WP1030.pdf

a. And, of course, pork projects always get added. “For instance, the War Supplemental Appropriations Act (2003) appropriated $348 million
for 29 projects unrelated to the war, such as $110 million for the National Animal
Defense, the Global War on Terror, and Tsunami Relief (2005) contained $1.13 billion
for projects that had nothing to do with defense or tsunami relief, including $55 million
for wastewater treatment in De Soto County, Mississippi and $25 million for the For Peck Fish Hatchery in Montana.” Ibid.

So, let's summarize.

Neither Senator McCain nor Sec'y Clinton would have allowed the flow of red ink that we are drowning in today.

I despise Clinton to such a degree I can't even discuss her as POTUS with any rationality. As for McCain, exactly what do you think he would have done differently that would have significantly strengthened our economy or reduced unemployment?

Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?

What, exactly?

My own feeling is, no one could have had much positive impact. I did not realize, when I voted for him, just how bad the economy would be and for how long. I voted against McCain because of Palin -- and the one thing Obama could have delivered on despite this economy was social justice. This he has not done to my satisfaction, but still, better Obama than McCain on that score.

Are you now understanding the relationship between McCain's resistence to earmarks and the result of the exact opposite doctrines by the Democrats, and where that has led us?

He wouldn't have turned over the reins to Pelosi.

Did you see the same embarrassing behavior from this President tonight, when he told the press that Michelle was calling him so he had to run....with Clinton there to hold his hand.

Almost as embarrassing as the constant bows to every third world leader he could find....

"just how bad the economy would be and for how long."
OMG.
How do you know what the results would have been if the government has not thrown a trillion dollars at the problem???

Had that ever been tried?
Yes.
And it actually worked.

"Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?"

No, I don't know that...

"Republican and Democratic office holders show a similar presumption to dominate and fewer differences in tastes, habits, opinions, and sources of income among one another than between both and the rest of the country. They think, look, and act as a class.
Differences between Bushes, Clintons, and Obamas are of degree, not kind. "
The American Spectator : America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution

So, on the one hand we know we have a total screw-up, on the other a chance that a different plan would have been in effect.

How can you expect me to blame what didn't happen?

colkilgoreavcopyty6.jpg

Because they weren't apropos. :)

So, let's summarize.

What, exactly?

Are you now understanding the relationship between McCain's resistence to earmarks and the result of the exact opposite doctrines by the Democrats, and where that has led us?

Did you see the same embarrassing behavior from this President tonight, when he told the press that Michelle was calling him so he had to run....with Clinton there to hold his hand.

Almost as embarrassing as the constant bows to every third world leader he could find....

OMG.
How do you know what the results would have been if the government has not thrown a trillion dollars at the problem???

Yes.
And it actually worked.

"Are you convinced he would not have bailed out banks, etc., and their collapse would have been good for us? Do you think he could have designed a more effective stimulus program?"

No, I don't know that...

"Republican and Democratic office holders show a similar presumption to dominate and fewer differences in tastes, habits, opinions, and sources of income among one another than between both and the rest of the country. They think, look, and act as a class.

So, on the one hand we know we have a total screw-up, on the other a chance that a different plan would have been in effect.

PC....remember.......this is Madeline you're dealing with.........Not exactly the brightest light on the ol' christamas tree o' life and, definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.....We all know by now that somebody snuck in long ago and tossed a few Fruit Loops into her fucking Cheerios.

You're just setting us all up to have to witness her trying to nail JELLO to the fucking wall, yet again!

:razz:

mmmm....earmarks amount to one-fifth of 1 percent of federal spending....

Interestingly....since they originated with the practice of actual marks farmers put on their pigs’ ears to identify them at market...there is something delightfully pignacious in the use of that designation along with the whole idea of political pork and boss hogs :D

Way back when, before the election of '08, what were those of us on the right telling you guys?

We told you that the press wasn't vetting this articulate senator...

we told you you were unaware of his politics, that you were pickin,' with due respect to the President, 'a pig in a poke'...

we even suggested the dire possibilities...

Maybe you can cite your own pre-election posts that warned us that Obama was farther to the right than he appeared to be.

This is funnier the second time I read it, because of EVERYTHING the Right ever accused Obama of being, from Marxist to Communist to Muslim to foreign-born to Arab and on and on and on and on...

...the one thing the Right never accused him of being was a right leaning Democrat in name only.

And now that he's selling out on taxes to the GOP, you want to claim you told us so?

Excellent. Find us ten quotes of rightwingers having told us so.

colkilgoreavcopyty6.jpg

His John Wayne pics are from the Duke's early porn years, and thus unsuitable for posting here.

So, let's summarize.

We had a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton, no PAYGO under Bush, and a half-assed PAYGO now.

I don't recall how Bush initiatives John McCain opposed on the grounds they were fiscally irresponsible, but I'm sure you can enlighten,

via your vault of expertise on the real McCain (who, let's not forget, the RIGHT despised in 2008).

Are you still up???

I thought we put you in your crib already!

Now, see, look you know how cranky you're going to be tomorrow!

That would be an 'I can't', right?

So, let's summarize.

What, exactly?

OMG.

Yes.
And it actually worked.

No, I don't know that...

PC, I have no idea what this post of yours means. Sounds as if you are arguing the premise that because things are bad now, things might could have been better under McCain.

Meh, mebbe. Personally I think he'd have gotten the same economic advice and taken substantially the same action Obama did on economics and we'd be in more or less the same place.

BTW, IMO not all earmarks are bad and to me, the entire issue is a red herring. The GOP won midterm election by pointing out that the economy sucks, and now wishes to deflect attention away from the fact that they have no plans that might could improve matters.

I personally look for things to get worse, not better, no matter who is in office. I suspect we are in for some dark times and any politican who seeks office by telling the poor and disadvantaged or disappointed to blame other poor, disadvantaged or disappointed people rather than the rich might could gain considerable power but will also earn my unending wrath.

Obama is not in the white house telling me that my problems are the fault of GLBT people, or Muslims, or any other minority. Can you be certain, if McCain were there, he'd behave this way? I can't....and so, I am not sorry I did not vote for him.

Madeline,

I didn't want McCain as the nominee in 08, but voted for him because it was a vote against the empty suit.

The biggest difference would have been that McCain would have worked on the economy straight up from the beginning instead of wasting 18 months on Health care. We would be way ahead of the game by now.

We had a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton, no PAYGO under Bush, and a half-assed PAYGO now.

I don't recall how Bush initiatives John McCain opposed on the grounds they were fiscally irresponsible, but I'm sure you can enlighten,

via your vault of expertise on the real McCain (who, let's not forget, the RIGHT despised in 2008).

Are you still up???

Clinton raised the national debt by almost 30%.

Would you like to see the actual national debt figures?
1993 4,351,044
1994 4,643,307
1995 4,920,586
1996 5,181,465
1997 5,369,206
1998 5,478,189
1999 5,605,523
2000 5,628,700

Historical Tables | The White House (table 7.1)
The table 7.1 will also show that he inherited a $4 trillion debt.

Step one: subtract the 4351 from 5628
Step two: divide the result of step one by 4351
Step three: slap knees and laugh uproarouslly over "a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton"

Now, and I say this to really stick the needle into your balloon, if it weren't for the 1983 Greenspan Commisssion formed under the great Ronaldus Maximus, providing huge Social Security surpluses that Clinton appropriated, Clinton wouldn't have been able to fool the boneheads (insert your name here).

Now will you go to bed.

Oh, one more thing: when asked 'are you capable of thinking,' use the answer you provided above: "That would be an 'I can't',"

Are you still up???

Clinton raised the national debt by almost 30%.

Would you like to see the actual national debt figures?
1993 4,351,044
1994 4,643,307
1995 4,920,586
1996 5,181,465
1997 5,369,206
1998 5,478,189
1999 5,605,523
2000 5,628,700

Historical Tables | The White House (table 7.1)
The table 7.1 will also show that he inherited a $4 trillion debt.

Step one: subtract the 4351 from 5628
Step two: divide the result of step one by 4351
Step three: slap knees and laugh uproarouslly over "a pretty good PAYGO under Clinton"

Now, and I say this to really stick the needle into your balloon, if it weren't for the 1983 Greenspan Commisssion formed under the great Ronaldus Maximus, providing huge Social Security surpluses that Clinton appropriated, Clinton wouldn't have been able to fool the boneheads (insert your name here).

Now will you go to bed.

Oh, one more thing: when asked 'are you capable of thinking,' use the answer you provided above: "That would be an 'I can't',"

you will now be told he ran a surplus and that's all that matters.....carry on ;).

shit, i forgot to put politicalchick in my movie that i made in the media section... (palin larry king interview thread). : (

Forum List

Back