LOL how is a CAT-3 storm the most destructive storm EVER.......

Bassman007

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.

• Banned
Hurricane Andrew did thousands of times more damage than this baby storm. I watched people in the eyewall taking pictures of the storm. Sure the winds were howling pretty mean, but in Andrew the house that the guy was taking pictures from blew the f away.............. This is just political nonsense, see Al Gore says it's climate change see.....................

Hurricanes happened for billions of years before any firkin human walked the Earth, so get used to it.
I was right so everyone is hiding..................

LOL apology accepted

The National Hurricane Center estimates that New Orleans experienced hurricane winds of category 1 or 2, yet Katrina was by far the costliest hurricane ever in the US. The apes who ran New Orleans should have been shot for failure to prepare the city for even a modest storm. I think the National Guard was still patrolling New Orleans years later.

"
LOL how is a CAT-3 storm the most destructive storm EVER......."

Damn this is dumb.

Hurricane expert Klotzbach: #Irma at landfall comes in 7th behind 1935 Labor Day storm

• Banned

"

Damn this is dumb.
Evidentially Florida wanted to fuel some looting

Now that's funny since (a) it landed as a cat 4, and (b) you yourself yesterday called it a cat 2.

Bottom line: You're still a fucking liar.

And as I mentioned yesterday, know what else was a cat 3 when it landed?

Katrina.

Last edited:
They called it the "nuclear hurricane" and it was supposed to be the "big one". Politicians ordered everyone out of the state and the only people who were left were members of the media and they were on every freaking corner of every freaking city. It was business as usual for Florida folks though. A Fox reporter was apparently so desperate for a story that he interviewed a character with a parrot on his shoulder at a flooded trailer park. The parrot tried to bite the microphone and the character said it wasn't too bad. So much for the interview. It should be noted that the powers that be predicted a catastrophe in Orlando and the Mouse House is back up and running in two days.

A storm's/hurricane's destructiveness is a function of several things, not the least of which is how many assets it destroyed and how much it will cost to repair/replace them. For example, a CAT-5 hurricane that slams into "the middle of nowhere" may obliterate the place, but insofar there's not much there, it need not be particularly destructive to anything other than plants and critters. On the other hand, a CAT-1 that causes moderate damage to vast swaths of developed property legitimately could be called more destructive.

In short, the category rating is an attestation about the force and energy a hurricane has, not the destruction wrought as that energy is released.

Last edited:
The National Hurricane Center estimates that New Orleans experienced hurricane winds of category 1 or 2, yet Katrina was by far the costliest hurricane ever in the US. The apes who ran New Orleans should have been shot for failure to prepare the city for even a modest storm. I think the National Guard was still patrolling New Orleans years later.

You think wrong, since they were not.

And you're grossly uneducated about your topic. What devastated New Orleans was not the hurricane. It was the collapse of the levees underbuilt by the US Army Corps of Engineers.

Last edited:

"

Damn this is dumb.
Evidentially Florida wanted to fuel some looting
No, they just wanted to keep people safe. But hey, that can't be right, because that seems too simple and obvious. Enter: magical thinker, who is absolutely certain there is a conspiracy in every puddle.

I watched people standing out in the middle of the street giving news reports as the eye wall passed right over them. This storm lost energy far faster than predicted because Cuba's intervention disrupted the eye wall from regenerating, made it a longer distance to Florida so, more time to lose energy, then going over Florida brought in lots of dry air which stalled out the storm south of the eye. But the Weather Channel is hard at covering up for their entirely blown coverage and predictions--- --- I just saw them still putting up charts of the storm's path that agree with their original forecast but are CLEARLY NOT the path the storm actually took!

After hitting Naples, the storm tracked across the peninsula eastward diagonally up to where Florida, Georgia and the Atlantic meet. From there it went sightly out to sea then straight up into the Carolinas. It continues to track due north. It has NEVER veered sharply westward inland towards Tennessee and Kentucky, as they thought.

Irma was supposed to hit Florida as a CAT 4 and not slow down to CAT 3 until near the top of Florida; instead, it hit Florida Keys already as a CAT 3 (where the Keys really DID take a good beating), and so did Naples, but right after Naples, it went inland, slowed to CAT 2 and totally missed Tampa. Shortly after it dispersed to CAT 1.

Another egg by the weather people who are supposed to be telling me how the Earth will end up in 200 years.

Andrew was "tiny" with its hurricane force winds going out a whole 30 miles. The major hurricane winds probably want out about 1/3rd as far as this! http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/storm_wallets/atlantic/atl1992/andrew/public/pal0492.030

Irma's hurricane force winds want out 80 miles from center outwards and at one point had tropical storm force winds once inland going out 420miles in radius. Andrews tropical storm force winds going out slightly more then 100 miles...

Sandy if I remember want out about 520 miles radius with its tropical storm force winds and wasn't even a hurricane anymore!.

There's a hell of a difference and the area being effected. Sure Andrew was more powerful in its winds but Irma is going to effect more people.

Last edited:

Andrew was "tiny" with its hurricane force winds going out a whole 30 miles. The major hurricane winds probably want out about 1/3rd as far as this! http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/storm_wallets/atlantic/atl1992/andrew/public/pal0492.030

Irma's hurricane force winds want out 80 miles from center outwards and at one point had tropical storm force winds once inland going out 420miles in radius. Andrews tropical storm force winds going out slightly more then 100 miles...

Sandy if I remember want out about 520 miles radius with its tropical storm force winds and wasn't even a hurricane anymore!.

There's a hell of a difference and the area being effected. Sure Andrew was more powerful in its winds but Irma is going to effect more people.

Sandy knocked out both power and cell towers here for weeks. The people in Florida streamed live to youtube all thru the storm..............so somehow Sandy dwarfed Irma, Sandy also produced twenty foot waves, sitting on top of a twenty foot surge, at high tide, which is 48 feet of water over normal low tide levels, This would have knocked down highrises in Miami.....................

Who said that Irma was the most destructive storm ever?

What was being said was the it potentially could be the most destructive storm ever.

And despite it not being as bad as first feared, initial estimates are that Irma caused $50 billion in damages, making it one of the most expensive storms of all time.

Who said that Irma was the most destructive storm ever?

What was being said was the it potentially could be the most destructive storm ever.

And despite it not being as bad as first feared, initial estimates are that Irma caused $50 billion in damages, making it one of the most expensive storms of all time.
One of the major networks that was streaming the side of a building. The reporters were """Hunkered Down""" in another building. The networks are just grabbing for ratings and trying to prove climate change caused the worst catastrophe ever....................This was a water slide event, though it proves that only retarded people own property in the keys, unless you are so rich that you can rebuild every 5 years....................

Forum List

Back