Live J6 Hearing...

"This thread has more views than the hearings."
Oh, I doubt that; however, a more interesting observation would be: The J6 Hearings had a social impact and likely an unquantifiable impact on why the Mid-Term elections turned out the way they did. Meaning, MAGA-world was seen to be tainted by J6 in the eyes of Independents, RINO's, and right-leaning Democrats.

Oh, I doubt that;
and I doubt that
however, a more interesting observation would be: The J6 Hearings had a social impact and likely an unquantifiable impact on why the Mid-Term elections turned out the way they did.
That is interesting...do you really believe the GOP won back the house because of the that?
Meaning, MAGA-world was seen to be tainted by J6 in the eyes of Independents, RINO's, and right-leaning Democrats.
and so those voters sent the bad guys packing?

Last edited:
"I believe that was the only reason the made for TV spectacular was put together."
--------------------------------------------------------

I would demur on that 'belief'. Meaning, I don't think it is a correct or accurate one.

Now, to be sure the Democrats...the Party and many candidates....DID benefit by the growing perception that Don Trump and the MAGAMob were a serious threat to American democracy and our institutions.
Yupper, that served the Dems well in the mid-terms.

However, I do not subscribe to the belief that that that was the driving force behind these hearings. Rather, the hearings were about determining responsibility and holding those responsible to account.
And as we saw that was and remains a challenge. There occurred much deflection, denial, obfuscation, and it appears outright criminality in attempting to hide the truth (I'm referencing efforts to 'buy off' potential witnesses by Trump allies).

So getting to as much of the truth as possible was a challenge. Plus, key players ---despite the claims that "the other side never had a chance to tell their side".....well, key players who could have, and probably quite ably 'tell their side'.... refused the invitation, and then refused the subpoena.

All of which, likely led America to believe...."Well, those suckers really do have something to hide."

So, while the Dems benefitted by the Hearings, so did America. We got a slice of the whole truth....not all, by any means....and we saw how the opposing side denied, deflected, dismissed, and refused to defend themselves under oath. Which makes us sincerely believe there really was a there there in this conspiracy to deny the Constitutional requirement of a peaceful transfer of power.

IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------

I would demur on that 'belief'. Meaning, I don't think it is a correct or accurate one.

Now, to be sure the Democrats...the Party and many candidates....DID benefit by the growing perception that Don Trump and the MAGAMob were a serious threat to American democracy and our institutions.
Yupper, that served the Dems well in the mid-terms.

However, I do not subscribe to the belief that that that was the driving force behind these hearings. Rather, the hearings were about determining responsibility and holding those responsible to account.
And as we saw that was and remains a challenge. There occurred much deflection, denial, obfuscation, and it appears outright criminality in attempting to hide the truth (I'm referencing efforts to 'buy off' potential witnesses by Trump allies).

So getting to as much of the truth as possible was a challenge. Plus, key players ---despite the claims that "the other side never had a chance to tell their side".....well, key players who could have, and probably quite ably 'tell their side'.... refused the invitation, and then refused the subpoena.

All of which, likely led America to believe...."Well, those suckers really do have something to hide."

So, while the Dems benefitted by the Hearings, so did America. We got a slice of the whole truth....not all, by any means....and we saw how the opposing side denied, deflected, dismissed, and refused to defend themselves under oath. Which makes us sincerely believe there really was a there there in this conspiracy to deny the Constitutional requirement of a peaceful transfer of power.

IMHO
Yeah, right.
Where was the cross of witnesses?
Funny, members of the panel were all in agreement on every item in the TV show.

Where was the cross of witnesses?
It's NOT a trial dude.
trump COULD have volunteered to appear in front of the committee.

You guys are scared to death of trump being questioned under oath.

When the DOJ files charges and indicts trump, if there is a trial, trumps lawyers can then cross-examine the witnesses.
You want trump to defend himself, but also you scream that it's a witch hunt and why should he take the stand.

Oops, you confused yourself again. That happens in trials, not congressional heraings.
Oops, you're wrong again.

Questioning Witnesses (Clause 2(j)(2) of Rule XI) - As a general rule, each committee member is technically entitled to five minutes of questioning for each witnesses. However, in practice this five minutes is usually applied per each panel of witnesses. Furthermore, the Chair and ranking minority member may designate specific members or staff for extended questioning of up to 30 minutes per side.

HANDOUT -- HOUSE RULES WHICH GOVERN THE COMMITTEE HEARING PROCESS

giphy.gif

Oops, you're wrong again.

Questioning Witnesses (Clause 2(j)(2) of Rule XI) - As a general rule, each committee member is technically entitled to five minutes of questioning for each witnesses. However, in practice this five minutes is usually applied per each panel of witnesses. Furthermore, the Chair and ranking minority member may designate specific members or staff for extended questioning of up to 30 minutes per side.

HANDOUT -- HOUSE RULES WHICH GOVERN THE COMMITTEE HEARING PROCESS

giphy.gif
What was that waste of time? That's not cross examination. What is this useless trolling?

So let's review: you're dumb. There is no cross examination at congressional hearings.

They had less than expected gains in the house and lost a seat in the senate.
so taking back the house was or wasn't due to the hearings?
I noticed you forgot to mention that last part.
Why do you assume I forgot?
I already know he/she/they credits the gained senate seat is due to the hearings, what I can't believe is that he/she/they thinks the hearings lead to the take over of the house by the GOP as he makes clear in his/her/they post...if you are pretending that is not the case then his post was clearly wrong if not an outright lie....
...do you believe the hearings resulted in the GOP winning back the house? do you believe they resulted in us winning 1 senate seat? [I'm only asking the latter so you do not once again pretend I forgot]

Last edited:
So the smaller than expected and historically predicted gains were or were not due to the hearing?
"were not"...see how easy it is to answer that question with the truth then is to answer when trying to hide a lie with another question...no one cared or cares about those hearings, and for the handful that watch them I can assure you their votes were not changed one iota, including chi-co's and yours
It was a joke. I assume you didn't forget,
Joke? or lie?

but rather left it out in order not to undermine your own stretched narrative.
Well he does believe it, does that change the narrative now?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back