Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

"If a parent is not aware that this a volatile atmosphere that could even have the potential to turn violent, then the parent is a fucking moron with a capital F."

Well, that rules out Walmart, her in AZ. Last time I went, I counted 5 civilians wearing guns.

Were they yelling and screaming at little girls? Were they talking about how the parents would go to hell and things like that? That shit can be traumatizing to a little girl. I know because I was a little girl at one time!

BTW, how about you learn to use the quote feature? How long have you been here now?

Chris, let me get right to the bottom line. My little girl is now 31 years old. She is happy, married, tolerant, loving, successful (a nurse) and educated in the ways of the world. i worked hard so that she would turn out like that, instead of like you.

Well, considering that you don't know anything about me . . . . you're a dick head. Also, I couldn't care less about you.

Oh, and she never uses obscenities with talking to people, either.
Well said. Very well said.

Children shouldn't be used as tools, that's what that was
So...you have a problem with churches having children stand on street corners with Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Good to know.

Yes, this is not different than any other kind of indoctrination. Go to your protests. Leave the children at home. They are children and should not be involved in this kind of political bullshit. They should be enjoying their childhood. It's the only one they will have.
Well, well...didn't see anyone on the RW complaining about it in 2008. And there were hundreds of kids used that way.

What does that have to do with any of the points that I made? Perhaps you should start a thread about that.

"If a parent is not aware that this a volatile atmosphere that could even have the potential to turn violent, then the parent is a fucking moron with a capital F."

Well, that rules out Walmart, her in AZ. Last time I went, I counted 5 civilians wearing guns.

Were they yelling and screaming at little girls? Were they talking about how the parents would go to hell and things like that? That shit can be traumatizing to a little girl. I know because I was a little girl at one time!

BTW, how about you learn to use the quote feature? How long have you been here now?

Chris, let me get right to the bottom line. My little girl is now 31 years old. She is happy, married, tolerant, loving, successful (a nurse) and educated in the ways of the world. i worked hard so that she would turn out like that, instead of like you.

Well, considering that you don't know anything about me . . . . you're a dick head. Also, I couldn't care less about you.

Who the FUCK cares? Anyone?
Obviously not you.

Why don't you just climb up inside his butthole? How pathetic.

Chris, with every post, you reveal more and more about yourself. really.

Obviously not you.

No, not really. If I feel like cussing, I will cuss. Does that offend you?

You certainly are making his point for him, aren't you?

Chris, with every post, you reveal more and more about yourself. really.

Such as? Why don't you just tell everyone all about me?

Also, this thread is not about me. Stop trying to make it personal.

Oh? What point would that be? Please elaborate. You mad because I don't support using children for a political agenda?

Obviously not you.

Nope...no offense....it's just like people who display the Con-federate flag. It shows more about them...your language simple shows more about you.

Obviously not you.

Nope...no offense....it's just like people who display the Con-federate flag. It shows more about them...your language simple shows more about you.

Such as? Don't be shy. Say what you mean and stop beating around the bush (pun intended - LOL).

Oh? What point would that be? Please elaborate. You mad because I don't support using children for a political agenda?
Not mad at all...just missing your complaining about children, hundreds of children, being used by churches for a political agenda in 2008.

Not mad at all...just missing your complaining about children, hundreds of children, being used by churches for a political agenda in 2008.

Hmm. Was I here in 2008?

Obviously not you.

Such as? Don't be shy. Say what you mean and stop beating around the bush (pun intended - LOL).
Its YOUR language, Sweet'ums. Own it.

Hmm. Gay pride parades . . . Why would anyone be PROUD to be gay anyways? What are they "proud" of?
Being gay and not knuckling under to hate.

I have to go, now, but before I do, I guess I might as well blow Chris' mind. When my daughter was about 15, I took her to the gay pride parade in San Francisco, which featured 'Dykes on Bikes, a group of topless lesbians riding Harleys. even I was shocked, but we both had a huge laugh over it, and still talk about it today!

Hmm. Was I here in 2008?
Is it just about here? Maybe you should ask yourself, were you alive in 2008? Did you care in 2008? Or is it something you just now "suddenly" have a problem with?

Obviously not you.

Its YOUR language, Sweet'ums. Own it.

What about my language? What is your point?

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

The kid was being used as a pawn. You are correct. Don't let these morons here at USMB tell you differently.

Children shouldn't be used as tools, that's what that was
So...you have a problem with churches having children stand on street corners with Yes on H8 signs in 2008. Good to know.

Yes, this is not different than any other kind of indoctrination. Go to your protests. Leave the children at home. They are children and should not be involved in this kind of political bullshit. They should be enjoying their childhood. It's the only one they will have.

Once again, this was not a protest.

That is not the point. It is a volatile atmosphere, not appropriate for a 6-year-old child.

The atmosphere was fine until the radical preacher showed up.

Forum List

Back