Little girl stands firm in face of street preacher's homophobic rant

Little Girl Does Not Give a Fuck About Street Preacher s Homophobic Rant

So, to those of the Christian Right: Are you as smart as a fifth grader?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

While I support gay marriage, I have a problem with this. This child is just a baby. She doesn't understand the issues and is not old enough or knowledgeable enough to make an informed decision about such issues. I think it's quite clear that a person (probably one of her parents) gave her a flag and told her to stand and wave it around. They are USING the child as a pawn, and that is wrong no matter what. Who would expose a young impressionable child to such bitterness and ugliness?

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

It appears that this little girl is the sane rational one of the two, with the bitterness and ugliness coming from the preacher who hides his bigotry behind the Bible.

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

I disagree, chrisL. Some children are extremely astute, and most know a hell of a lot more than adults think. In my case, for example, I was told that my father had died in an accident when I was in the 2nd grade. i knew that it was a lie, and suspected that it was suicide. I was right.

The child, in this case is learning passive resistance to bigoted people, and screaming hate filled people. It is a useful lesson. And you can bet that she had been educated by her parents. She is obviously at a gay pride parade, and wearing a rainbow skirt. At that age, she is likely to see worse at church, if she had different parents..

Last edited:
I disagree, chrisL. Some children are extremely astute, and most know a hell of a lot more than adults think. In my case, for example, I was told that my father had died in an accident when I was in the 2nd grade. i knew that it was a lie, and suspected that it was suicide. I was right.

The child, in this case is learning passive resistance to bigoted people, and screaming hate filled people. It is a useful lesson. And you can bet that she had been educated by her parents. She is obviously at a gay pride parade, and wearing a rainbow skirt. At that age, she is likely to see worse at church, if she had different parents..

No they don't know "more" than adults.

No she isn't learning anything. She isn't old enough to understand what any of these people are fighting about. It is wrong to expose your child to these types of things. She is being used and that is all.

I taught my little girl to respect everyone, and to stand up to bullies, and reject hate. She is 31 now, and I am very proud of how she turned out. She will, in turn, teach her children the same. This is as it should be.

No she isn't learning anything. She isn't old enough to understand what any of these people are fighting about. It is wrong to expose your child to these types of things. She is being used and that is all.

If you are not teaching your child values at the age of this child, Chris, then shame on you.

If you are not teaching your child values at the age of this child, Chris, then shame on you.

If you bring your child to gay protests, then shame on YOU. It's selfish and that is all.

Apparently, she knows more than quit a few adults.

Who in the HELL do you think you are with that statement? Don't you make remarks about my motherhood, you got that?

I agree, and why would someone expose an innocent 6-year-old to such things? To help with an agenda, which is why she is being used as a pawn. You know, little kids take things like that man was saying to her to heart. They believe adults and think adults are all knowledgeable.

I also question what kind of scum street preacher would get in a little girl's face like that.

If you bring your child to gay protests, then shame on YOU. It's selfish and that is all.

I have no problem with you bringing your child to church, which I totally reject myself. It is too bad that you don't respect my right to educate my child to be accepting, kind, and non bigoted. I am proud of it, and not about to apologize for it at all.

I also question what kind of scum street preacher would get in a little girl's face like that.

The guy has a screw loose obviously. This is why it is a bad environment for little ones. You want to protest, that's fine. Leave the kids out of it!

Who in the HELL do you think you are with that statement? Don't you make remarks about my motherhood, you got that?

It seems to me that I am showing more respect for your parenting than you are showing me for mine.

Forum List

Back