Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary

They have earned their present problems. ,,,

What we have "earned" will god decide - but who will pay the price is more clear. The highest price for the extraordinary high profits which in the whole world will be made now - specially also from criminal energy companies with the help of "their" corrupt and/or stupdid governments all over the world - will be payed from the most poor people.

If the western Europeans had behaved more responsibly with respect to energy imports from Russia, Putin ...

Putin was compared with other criminals who sell energy in the world an abolutelly confident business partner. We underestimated his Napoleon complex while he stands with his virtual army now in an empty Moscow and thinks he will win a global energy war in this winter. He will not win. ... No one will win. ... Except the usual tyrants and criminals. ... But hopefully will the USA not fall. If I think about a Europe between Trump and Putin then I guess the next winter will become for Germany only a nice Sunday afternoon walk.

Last edited:
They have earned their present problems. If the western Europeans had behaved more responsibly with respect to energy imports from Russia, Putin would probably not have had the confidence to invade Ukraine. Anyone with eyes, anyone with a brain, could see Glasnost was over once Putin took power. To pretend, as Schroder and Merkel did, that there was no threat to national security by being energy dependent on Putin, was reckless and irresponsible. Every Ukrainian who was killed, every Ukrainian hospital, school or apartment building that was bombed was destroyed as much by western Europe's feckless policies as by the Russian invaders.

Please. The Russians and the Ukrainians together murdered not only in the Donbass region millions of German pows. The Poles stole a big part of our country and like to get now 1300 billion Euro reparations for the murder of all the Yiddish speaking Jews they also had helped to murder - and the destruction of the former German part of Poland they also had helped to destroy - although I have to say many Polish heroes existed too. And the Poles displaced millions of Germans and destroyed many German cultures and their behavior in case of the very very little rest of indigen Germans who live in Poland is also totally inadequate.

Sure we help all this enemies of Germany - because of Christian values and because we are members of the NATO - but "Begeisterung" (enthusiasm) is something else.

Last edited:
Please. The Russians and the Ukrainians together murdered not only in the Donbass region millions of German pows. The Poles stole a big part of our country and like to get now 1300 billion Euro reparations for the murder of all the Yiddish speaking Jews they also had helped to murder - and the destruction of thr former German part of Poland they also hed helped to destroy - although I have to say many Polish heroes existed too. And the Poles displaced millions of Germans and destroyed many German cultures and their behavior in case of the very very little rest of indigen Germans who live in Poland is also totally inadequate.

Sure we help all this enemies of Germany - because of Christian values and because we are members of the NATO - but "Begeisterung" (enthusiasm) is something else.
Are you insane? You attack all these countries, commit unspeakable atrocities against their people and then complain you were mistreated? Maybe it is a mistake to think the Germans are no longer Nazis.

Chickens (oddly enough) continue to come home to roost. Bowing at the altar of Gaia turns out to be a hugely stupid mistake. Gee. Who knew? Oh wait. We did.

This OP was excellent and informative and has led to a very interesting thread.

So you pay nothing and the same time you prefer not only to laugh about but also to fight against all the evil people whose evil nations fight for peace and all life on Earth while you fight for gold in the dead pyramids of your pharaoes who try to make everyone to their absolute loyal slaves, absolute loyal slave.
What the heck are you babbling about? You are obviously drunk, try to sleep.

What the heck are you babbling about? You are obviously drunk, try to sleep.
Or with other words did you say here now: "I am an idiot" - and I will never understand why so many people from the USA end in this way.

Are you insane? You attack all these countries, commit unspeakable atrocities against their people and then complain you were mistreated? Maybe it is a mistake to think the Germans are no longer Nazis.

And that's the way how nearly all discussion with Germans end when a German is right and others are wrong: "You are a Nazi". The perfect "argument" for everything and nothing.

In the special case here: Ask Israeli who know the shoa if you do not believe what I said here. Oh I forgot. The Isreali are Nazis who are holocausting the Palestinians - while the Palestinains have the same time the highest population growth of all populations in the world since Israel exists.

To inform you: About 1/3rd (maybe more) of all members of the SS (the executors of the industrialized genocíde which is often called "The Holocaust") in 194x not had been Germans - but never a not-German was accused because he worked for the SS in concentration camps (exception: Mr. John Demjanjuk - a Russian pow who came free because he worked for the SS. But the judgement was not final before he died and perhaps he is "innocent" - whatever this could mean in such a context).

And while in Germany the Jews had been Germans like all others a long time before Hitler came - so the Holocaust should be indeed a fratricide and not "only" a genocide for Germans - had been the Yiddish speaking Jews not Slaws like all others. They had another color in their language - even if they spoke a Slawic language. This made it difficult for them to hide themselve. Anti-Germanism and anti-Semitism is indeed not really a difference for some - hopefully not much to many - "proud Poles" or other "proud Slaws". And indeed also Slaws had been "Aryans" in the absurde definition of the "German blooded" nonsense of the Nazis. So it had been also relativelly easy under the Nazis to become a naturalized German for Slaws - depending on the concrete situation.

Last edited:

Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary​

, the people who trade electricity in the UK get to quiz the managers of the national grid for an hour. The conference call, which anyone can monitor, offers an insight into what the men and women on the front line of the power market are worried about. Listening to them is getting scarier by the week — and suggests keeping the lights on this winter will be a lot more challenging than European governments are admitting.

Prices are worrying enough. British households were told on Friday that their power and gas bills will increase from Oct. 1 by 80%. The so-called energy price cap was set at £3,549 ($4,189) per year, up from £1,971 over the past six months and £1,277 during last winter.

But the industry’s teleconference suggests the problem is broader than just rising costs. Increasingly, the words “emergency” and “shortages” are being used, with participants focusing on when, rather than if, a crisis will hit. Imagine being able to overhear conversations between Wall Street executives and the Federal Reserve as the global financial crisis unfolded in 2008.

View attachment 689083
Sounds like deregulated free market energy in Texas just before the natural gas quit flowing, power grid failed, water pipes froze & busted leaving their people thirsty, frozen & in the dark for weeks. The resulting $200 billion damages likely the most expensive disaster in the state's history.

Texas energy failure was directly responsible for nearly 10 million people losing power, with 5.2 million in the U.S. and 4.7 million in Mexico. Resulting in 30 deaths, with 24 in the U.S. and 6 in Mexico.

Last edited:
They have earned their present problems. If the western Europeans had behaved more responsibly with respect to energy imports from Russia, Putin would probably not have had the confidence to invade Ukraine. Anyone with eyes, anyone with a brain, could see Glasnost was over once Putin took power. To pretend, as Schroder and Merkel did, that there was no threat to national security by being energy dependent on Putin, was reckless and irresponsible. Every Ukrainian who was killed, every Ukrainian hospital, school or apartment building that was bombed was destroyed as much by western Europe's feckless policies as by the Russian invaders.
Are you a Trumpee? So you want to harm Europe. Go to hell.

Don't take my post as gloat. It is a fact that Europe became too dependent on Russia for energy, and now it turns out that Russian gas isn't so cheap. But I hope Europe will manage to get through it.
If it comes to any harm I would expect you to take the massive increase of 70% your lawmakers have given themsleves and give it to the people of Europe otherwise I will be thinking that the destruction of many of the people of Ukraine was just a little game imagined to get the support of Western Europe so that it could be destroyed. Anyone or country who harms those who are helping them ought to come to a sorry end,

Putin was compared with other criminals who sell energy in the world an abolutelly confident business partner. We underestimated his Napoleon complex while he stands with his virtual army now in an empty Moscow and thinks he will win a global energy war in this winter. He will not win. ... No one will win. ... Except the usual tyrants and criminals. ... But hopefully will the USA not fall. If I think about a Europe between Trump and Putin then I guess the next winter will become for Germany only a nice Sunday afternoon walk.
Oh no we're on autopilot headed for a mountainside
The USA is gonna fall

No one is coming to save you Barbara

How we laughed at Greta Thunberg’s hairshirt world of loosely-knitted jumpers and long overland journeys, a world in which we learn to do without the luxuries of the oil-fuelled economy and go back to enjoying a pre-industrial existence. That wasn’t what net zero will look like, government ministers assured us; rather, miracle new technologies will arrive to ensure that not only do we eliminate carbon emissions; we will enrich ourselves in the process.

Well, it’s Greta’s world we are living in now. Millions are preparing to shiver this winter. Ministers are feeding us tips on wholesome home cooking. We will have to forgo holidays and evenings out just to pay our gas and electricity bills.

The energy crisis has given us a foretaste of what a world without cheap energy looks like. The immediate causes might be a surge in gas prices due to the war in Ukraine, combined with more general supply issues such as the hangover from Covid lockdowns. But it is a product, too, of decisions we have made as we strive for net zero – however much the green energy lobby tries to deny this

djjdjdndmdj.jpg

If it comes to any harm I would expect you to take the massive increase of 70% your lawmakers have given themsleves and give it to the people of Europe otherwise I will be thinking that the destruction of many of the people of Ukraine was just a little game imagined to get the support of Western Europe so that it could be destroyed. Anyone or country who harms those who are helping them ought to come to a sorry end,
If by this you are trying to say that you prefer to strike a deal with Russia and stop this war on their terms, then it is OK with me. It is up to you what government you choose and what policy it follows.

Forum List

Back