Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE

Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary​

, the people who trade electricity in the UK get to quiz the managers of the national grid for an hour. The conference call, which anyone can monitor, offers an insight into what the men and women on the front line of the power market are worried about. Listening to them is getting scarier by the week — and suggests keeping the lights on this winter will be a lot more challenging than European governments are admitting.

Prices are worrying enough. British households were told on Friday that their power and gas bills will increase from Oct. 1 by 80%. The so-called energy price cap was set at £3,549 ($4,189) per year, up from £1,971 over the past six months and £1,277 during last winter.

But the industry’s teleconference suggests the problem is broader than just rising costs. Increasingly, the words “emergency” and “shortages” are being used, with participants focusing on when, rather than if, a crisis will hit. Imagine being able to overhear conversations between Wall Street executives and the Federal Reserve as the global financial crisis unfolded in 2008.

d,,d,d,d,,d,d.png

Eurotrash needs to go dark..... like REALLY dark.

Nothing readjusts your thinking like -30C in the village for a few months. Humans are 4 times more likely to die from cold than heat. A few fatalities, some frostbitten extremities.... next thing you know you're wondering: "Hmm, maybe those rich, elitest mother fuckers don't have our best interests in mind?"

They need to start being friendlier to today's murderous tyrants of the world. Murderous tyrants control the world's fossil fuels, and there's no stomach in the first world for pursuing alternative energies.
Gawd, how can you be so fucking stupid?
Europe did pursue “alternative energies”, and they suck. They aren’t nearly enough to power a country.

When people are freezing this winter, they won’t have a stomach for your nonsense, Green New Deal bullshit.

Gawd, how can you be so fucking stupid?
Europe did pursue “alternative energies”, and they suck. They aren’t nearly enough to power a country.

When people are freezing this winter, they won’t have a stomach for your nonsense, Green New Deal bullshit.

They chose the cheap, easy energy that comes from tyrants. That's why the tyrants are so easily able to hurt them now.

They chose the cheap, easy energy that comes from tyrants. That's why the tyrants are so easily able to hurt them now.
Yea, when they could had built some nuclear reactors or used coal. Now they are struggling to get those old coal plants fired up.

They need to start being friendlier to today's murderous tyrants of the world. Murderous tyrants control the world's fossil fuels, and there's no stomach in the first world for pursuing alternative energies.

WTF?!? Europe went "green-energy" nuts. You cannot run a grid on it or heat people's homes with it.

Listening to European Electricity Traders Is Very, Very Scary​

, the people who trade electricity in the UK get to quiz the managers of the national grid for an hour. The conference call, which anyone can monitor, offers an insight into what the men and women on the front line of the power market are worried about. Listening to them is getting scarier by the week — and suggests keeping the lights on this winter will be a lot more challenging than European governments are admitting.

Prices are worrying enough. British households were told on Friday that their power and gas bills will increase from Oct. 1 by 80%. The so-called energy price cap was set at £3,549 ($4,189) per year, up from £1,971 over the past six months and £1,277 during last winter.

But the industry’s teleconference suggests the problem is broader than just rising costs. Increasingly, the words “emergency” and “shortages” are being used, with participants focusing on when, rather than if, a crisis will hit. Imagine being able to overhear conversations between Wall Street executives and the Federal Reserve as the global financial crisis unfolded in 2008.

View attachment 689083

The way how they calculate prices is absurde. They use a totally mad system where statistically ... hmm I miss the English word now ... ¿"runaway values"? - makes this word sense in the English language? ... where runaway values are handled like average values.

Eurotrash needs to go dark..... like REALLY dark. ...

I guess slowly we shoud really throw out all US-Americans from Europe. People like you are nothing else than only a burden - specially in times when something seems to go chaotically wrong.

Last edited:
At least their energy is green.
Not enough to keep them warm this winter, but they're safe from global warming.

Don't forget to print this on a gravestone in the Ukraine, idiot. If ... but let me forget this. You will never understand what Donald Trump made essentially wrong. Be happy if not intercontinental nukes will destroy all big cities of the USA, joker.

The correct expression in German would by the way not be "green energies" (that's an ideological expression) but "sustainable energies". This is basing on concepts which exist since hundreds of years.

And the man made global warming is reality and nothing what we discuss any longer. The question is only what are the best of all possible ways to slow it down. To do nothing isn't any alternative and wars are anyway counterproductive. ... By the way -> I remember in this context: After world war 1 and also after world war 2 had been very hard winters in Europe. Many in this times of history saw in this coldness a sign for the anger of god because his children had done war.

Last edited:
The Germanys are cutting down their trees for firewood.

We use more wood - but we don't cut down our trees. After we had done so hundreds of years ago we introduced a sustainable forestry.

The Climate Change Cult doesn't make any sense.

I don't have any idea what a "Climate Change Cult" could be and what's your way to try to help all and every life on planet Earth.

They are taking humanity backwards.

?

That's indeed one of the main problems. Sometimes enemies are more reliable than "friends".

Sorry - but it is the USA who supports since more than 200 years Saudi Arabia and takes care that in the world of the Arabs exist nothing else than only tyrannies. The Sauds and their Wahabism (prototype for all IS movements) are perhaps the main reason why you destroyed the multi national Osman empire or you had attacked the Iraq or you made not only Trumps absolutelly stupid politics in case of Persia.

Last edited:
He did not.

Then I am an idiot who not knows what is a declaration of war - or Trump is the idiot. Let me think a little while ... no - I never said to anyone to inject disinfectants in case of a virus infection. I fear Donald Trump is the charlatan and extremely dangerous idiot.

Then I am an idiot who not knows what is a declaration of war - or Trump is the idiot. Let me think a little while ... no - I never said to anyone to inject disinfectants in case of a virus infection. I fear Donald Trump is the charlatan and extremely dangerous idiot.

Enjoy going back to the dark ages there in Germany.

Forum List

Back