List Here

provide examples of blatant lies through selective editing. show the video before editing and after to illustrate. Please.

Here ya go...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3hMODMyed8]YouTube - Obama speech out of context, Fox News out of control [w/Sean Hannity][/ame]

Thank You for providing the clips. I fail to see the lie. Taxes are scheduled to go up for everyone starting in Jan. 2011. That's not a lie. Hannity said obie wan will make sure that happens. Is that a lie? Congress has gone on break again without voting on the tax issue. So taxes will go up for everyone next year if the Bush tax cuts expire. So, I don't see the lie and I don't see destructiveness. Can you point out either?

There's a big friggin surprise. I can't believe you got anybody to respond to you. They have a lot more patience than I do, you dumb ass.

Ok, I'll start

1) Blatant Lies through selective editing

provide examples of blatant lies through selective editing. show the video before editing and after to illustrate. Please.

Here ya go...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3hMODMyed8"]YouTube - Obama speech out of context, Fox News out of control [w/Sean Hannity][/ame]

Isn't this Youtube video selectively edited???

It cuts Hannity off mid sentence!

For all we know he mentions the context.

Pot meet Kettle.

Thank You for providing the clips. I fail to see the lie. Taxes are scheduled to go up for everyone starting in Jan. 2011. That's not a lie. Hannity said obie wan will make sure that happens. Is that a lie? Congress has gone on break again without voting on the tax issue. So taxes will go up for everyone next year if the Bush tax cuts expire. So, I don't see the lie and I don't see destructiveness. Can you point out either?

There's a big friggin surprise. I can't believe you got anybody to respond to you. They have a lot more patience than I do, you dumb ass.

Point out the lie sweet Rinata. Go ahead do it.

If Obie One is so feeble as to be destroyed by a little sunlight, then Let The Sun Shine In.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s]YouTube - FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2)[/ame]

No matter how many video clips and links we post, you'll find a way to defend FOX. Beck has lost over 200 sponsers of late because of his blatant lies and mis-information. Do you even care? I would guess not.

You don't see how that's selective editing though? The way Hannity frames it makes it look like tax increases are all because of Obama and he conveniently leaves out the part about republican involvement. When you don't provide the entire context you can make your case look that much stronger, which in this instance is to derail Obama and make him look bad to Fox News viewers.

Yeah, because no one knows that Bush was the one who initiated the cuts and gave them an expiration date. :rolleyes:
Now you are spinning. The expiration date was a Compromise to keep the Democrats from Blocking it.

Point out the lie sweet Rinata. Go ahead do it.

Oh, Lord. You are such an idiot. Whether or not there is a lie is not the point. You were going to say there is no matter what!!! Dumber than a box of rocks, I swear.

The precise actions Fox News is taking to destroy obie wan.

Glad you asked! You know, Google is an amazing thing, isn't it? Wnat to know if a problem exists? Google it. If it doesn't exist, Google won't show anything about it. If it exists, Google will. In spades.

So, I Googled: "Examples of Fox News Lies" DING! PROBLEM!!!! Or you might want to try, "Example of Fox News Bias" DING! PROBLEM!!!!

Try it yourself - I'm sure you will find it educational, provided you are able to read with an open mind . . .

Anyway, let's get started, OK? I went to the Huffington site. Now, before you start with the ad hominems and the deflections, let me point out that there is video to support EVERY ONE of the following examples on the Huffington site. Bounce on over there and take a look for yourself.

LIST

1. In March, Fox News's Martha MacCallum presented a clip of Vice President Joe Biden saying "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" -- and presented it as from an interview that weekend. In fact, the clip came from a 2008 campaign event at which Biden was quoting Sen. John McCain.

2. Bill Hemmer reported that Department of Education official Kevin Jennings knew of a "statutory rape" case involving a 15-year-old student but "never reported it." In fact, the student was above the age of consent.

3. In April, Fox News's Wendell Goler reported on an Obama question-and-answer session that was cut short to make it seem as if the president wanted a health care system "like the European countries." In fact, he was just restating a question -- he went on to say that he opposed such a system.

4. In April, Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly described a "problematic" remark by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor as "reverse racism" and said it sounded like she thought "that Latina judges are obviously better than white male judges."

5. In May, Fox News's Jon Scott said the network had decided to look back on how the stimulus "grew, and grew, and grew." In fact, the entire report came from a Senate Republican Communications Center press release, complete with typo.

6. In October, Fox News's Trace Gallagher and Bill Sammon claimed that Senate Democrats would like provisions of the PATRIOT Act that helped catch a suspected terrorist to "go bye-bye." It was a total distortion of both the proposed changes and the terror case.

7. On the news show "America's Pulse," E.D. Hill described Barack and Michelle Obama's fist bump at a campaign event last summer as a "terrorist fist jab." She later apologized and claimed that was how it had been "characterized in the media."

8. In a segment on Obama's budget in April, the network claimed it was four times bigger than President Bush's costliest plan. That simply is not true.

9. Fox News reporters constantly promoted the Tea Party movement and also lied about coverage of the September Tea Party march on Washington in an ad. The network completely ignored an equally large gay-rights march in October.

The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)

I don't have time to continue with this, because the examples of Fox Lies and Fox Bias are too numerous. I think you get the idea.

And thank you for asking, by the way!

Forum List

Back