"... like forcing Jews into nazi ovens"

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Tony Perkins: Christians forced to bake cakes for gays like forcing Jews into Nazi ovens

Another religious right leader invoked Holocaust imagery to complain about a recent civil rights ruling in Colorado.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, spoke Thursday with the attorney of a baker who lost his court battle to refuse service to LGBT customers who ordered cakes to celebrate their legal same-sex marriages.

The state’s Civil Rights Commission last week upheld an administrative judge’s finding that Christian bakery owner Jack Phillips had violated Colorado’s anti-discrimination statutes.

Attorney Nicolle Martin, of the Alliance Defending Freedom, told Perkins the ruling was part of an ongoing “witch hunt” against Christians, reported Right Wing Watch.

Perkins reached for a more recent historical analogy to compare the state’s actions to Nazi Germany.

“I’m beginning to think, are re-education camps next?” Perkins wondered aloud. “When are they going to start rolling out the boxcars to start hauling off Christians?”

Anti-LGBT activist Bryan Fischer compared the ruling to the Holocaust and slavery earlier this week in a blog post.

“Meet our new overlords, the new owners of the American plantation, the gay mafia,” Fischer said. “All hail Big Gay, our new slave masters.”

What a cheap and nasty thing to compare damn near anything to the Holocaust. The drama queens like Perkins and other fake christians cheapen and demean the horrors of the Holocaust just to further their own very nazi-like agenda.

Tony Perkins: Christians forced to bake cakes for gays like forcing Jews into Nazi ovens

Another religious right leader invoked Holocaust imagery to complain about a recent civil rights ruling in Colorado.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, spoke Thursday with the attorney of a baker who lost his court battle to refuse service to LGBT customers who ordered cakes to celebrate their legal same-sex marriages.

The state’s Civil Rights Commission last week upheld an administrative judge’s finding that Christian bakery owner Jack Phillips had violated Colorado’s anti-discrimination statutes.

Attorney Nicolle Martin, of the Alliance Defending Freedom, told Perkins the ruling was part of an ongoing “witch hunt” against Christians, reported Right Wing Watch.

Perkins reached for a more recent historical analogy to compare the state’s actions to Nazi Germany.

“I’m beginning to think, are re-education camps next?” Perkins wondered aloud. “When are they going to start rolling out the boxcars to start hauling off Christians?”

Anti-LGBT activist Bryan Fischer compared the ruling to the Holocaust and slavery earlier this week in a blog post.

“Meet our new overlords, the new owners of the American plantation, the gay mafia,” Fischer said. “All hail Big Gay, our new slave masters.”

What a cheap and nasty thing to compare damn near anything to the Holocaust. The drama queens like Perkins and other fake christians cheapen and demean the horrors of the Holocaust just to further their own very nazi-like agenda.

This is why these people should be judged as mentally ill

I read that six times now and listened to the clip, not once does he say any such thing. When you click Media Matters source link, it still says no such thing.

Tony Perkins Says Gay Rights Advocates Want Anti-Christian Holocaust, Will 'Start Rolling Out The Boxcars' | Right Wing Watch

In fact the man never mentions Jews, or ovens.

Do you enjoy the misinformation provided to you?

Wondering can you please provide me the quote, I see you quoted it as if he said it in your title, but from where? TIA. Your article does not even provide the "quote" and in fact does not quote it at all.

CaféAuLait;9222489 said:
Wondering can you please provide me the quote, I see you quoted it as if he said it in your title, but from where? TIA. Your article does not even provide the "quote" and in fact does not quote it at all.

Becoming frightening, how the progressive propaganda squads are getting away with posting that tripe as factual.

Truly frightening.

g1333060359684120787.jpg

Oh, the religious Right:

double-facepalm.jpg

You know, religious Right, when you go all Godwin, this means you have already long lost the debate....

:D

CaféAuLait;9222476 said:

I read that six times now and listened to the clip, not once does he say any such thing. When you click Media Matters source link, it still says no such thing.

Tony Perkins Says Gay Rights Advocates Want Anti-Christian Holocaust, Will 'Start Rolling Out The Boxcars' | Right Wing Watch

In fact the man never mentions Jews, or ovens.

Do you enjoy the misinformation provided to you?

The comment dealt with hauling Christians off in boxcars, which was the method used by Germany to move Jews to the camps. Certainly not as inflammatory as the headlines but the reference here is pretty clear. I'd say we have a case of the writer using the same tactic as what he was pointing out, so a low showing on both sides.

I continue to be torn on the issue but I tend to fall on the side business owner. I think they are being twits but they should have the right to be twits. If we are talking about something like housing, food or access to governmental services then that is appropriate to stop discrimination. But buying a wedding cake? Something of a luxury item there and it doesn't make sense to protect your right to marzipan. I'm not sure exactly where the line might be but I am sure its been crossed.

Stupid comparison, but will he be given the pass Obama got for calling the Nazi death camps in Poland "Polish death camps"?

Forum List

Back